My most negative experience in a hostel. For a lot of reasons, here in summary:
1) The manager booked me a single room, as expressly required, just 25 days before my arrival. Three days before the flight he wrote me an e-mail saying it was no more available for me, and asked if a four-
pople room would be good. Since I had no time to look for an alternative (things that I would have done willingly), I reserved it. At my arrival, the manager was convinced I had no given any confirmation for this alternative options... there were two mails witnessing it. However,a place in a 5 people room (not four) was available for me.
2) The bed was awful and dirty. I had an inflatable (!!!) mattress, which was terribly noisy and uncomfortable. But, maybe, I was lucky. I am not so sure the regular mattress were free of any living and small creature.
3) Worst of all, the people in the room was not so "selected", as the manager assured me of his own free will. During last night, one of them pissed freely on the floor of the room, and my dress and backpack was highly affected by this undesired bath!!!! You can imagine my shock! I ended my stays in the hostel at 3 a.m. and preferred to spend the remaining hours of night in my car!
I highly recommend to avoid this hostel. There are other hostel in the city, which were described as comfortable and decent by other visitors. Just near the hostel, there are also some motels. I had a look at their rooms, when I was tempted to leave the hostel before the end of my stays. Another world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Chocolate Hostel and Crew House, Fort Lauderdale's nicest apartment style accommodations. We are the best choice to truly appreciate what Florida ,Fort Lauderdale, and Miami has to offer. We will be your little slice of paradise as you explore all of South Florida including South Beach and World famous Fort Lauderdale .Chocolate Five Star Hostel and Crew House is a wonderful place for tourists, travelers, and families. We provide superior large apartment style accommodations at affordable rates. We also cater to the budget minded hostel traveler offering private apartment style dorm rooms.The Chocolate Hostel and Crew House boasts 13 large apartment style suites, Each apartment is fully furnished with all the amenities of home. All of our apartments overlook the pool and the garden and are equipped with:-Central AC-Cable TV (some apartments have 60 Inch TVs)-Full kitchen with all utensils-Separate fully furnished living room-Hot water-Free High Speed wireless internet service and E-net ports-Free local phone calls-Pool and Garden View-Free Parking -Security Cameras -Daily Maid service -24 hour on site Manager These amenities will make your stay at the The Chocolate Hostel and Crew House as reasonable and relaxing as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Chocolate Five Star Hostel and Crew House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chocolate 5 Star Hostel And Crew House
- The Chocolate Five Star Hostel And Crew House Hotel Fort Lauderdale