“Excellent Seafood”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Parking apears to be Valet only for $8 paid immediately, though there could possibly been parking behind the mall, but I didn't feel like searching. The hostess was very friendly and greeted me quickly along with someone that may have been the manager. I was by myself and didn't feel like sittinging in the restaurant side so they said I cold sit where I wanted in the bar area, so I sat at a hightop. The waitress, Tara, was also quick to greet me in a friendly manner and very helpful and attentive throughout the meal. The crowd seemed to be couples or people waiting for their friends before they got a table. I ordered a bowl of Lobster Bisque and it was very tasty and a good size bowl for $10. For dinner I ordered the South Georgia Chilean Seabass for $36 and it was nice and buttery. For a side I ordered the Szechuan style green beans. They were Al Dente with a slowly building spice, but not overpowering. Very good meal and seemed like a nice place to bring a date with a live piano player playing easy listening songs.

• Visited August 2014

Plano, Texas
“Terrible Bar Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This review is about the poor bar service and not about the food. Food is always outstanding. My husband and I stopped in for happy hour drinks and appetizers recently on a sunday early evening. We were greeted when we first sat down at the bar but had to ask for everything...drinks, order food, utensils, check. They never cleared away our dirty dishes. I have been to the Truluck's in Dallas, and received outstanding bar service which I would expect at such a nice upscale restaurant. When you have customers at your bar, please ask them if they would like another drink when they are sitting there with an empty glass. Pay attention! More money for the restaurant and more tip for you. They were more concerned about washing dishes and fixing drinks for the dining room. They weren't that busy at all!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank FlyerGirl18
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, but disappointed with the management”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Dinner on a Sunday evening in July turn out to be a very disappointing experience. We were a group of 6 adults and 2 young children. There were very few tables occupied and perhaps this is why someone felt compelled to complain about my grandchildren. The children were simply acting like children. The management came to our table to ask if they could take the children for "a walk". My daughter did not feel comfortable sending her children off with strangers. The manager returned to our table, just as we received our meal to inform us that someone had complained about the children. My daughter went to speak to the manager privately and asked why this restaurant provides high chairs if children are not welcomed. The response was that "we are a family restaurant". Then inform the patrons who are complaining of such. Further to that, my daughter suggested that if children are not welcomed for dinner then say so when the reservations are being made. My daughter went home hungry, as her meal was cold upon returning to the table. Our servers apologized- they were wonderful! This was not handled well by the manager.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Eugenia M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Seafood and Service!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a wonderful time during a business dinner. The service was impeccable and the food was fantastic. Highly recommend the monk fish!

Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great appetizers and excellent wine”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I enjoyed very fresh oysters, clam cocktail, and lobster bisque as an appetizer dinner with a great glass of cabernet wine. The service was great and the live music was very entertaining. I would recommend this restaurant highly. They had a great happy hour with discounted beverages and appetizers which were amazing.

• Visited July 2014