Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coconut Bay Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Tranquilo(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Royal Palms Resort & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Beach Plaza Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Cocobelle Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Premiere Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Soleado Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Tropi Rock Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
3,038 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffbonnet houseper daysmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The website is amazing. The reviews were so complementary. Except for the ocean which is only visible from the 10th floor we were eventually given after making an complaints to Expedia and to managers and eventually the supervisor we were finally allowed to leave one of the 3 worst rooms of the hotel as snickered by the abusive staff. The small pool was filthy; children were left by their parents and screamed for hours without supervision; thumping techno music pounded incessantly for no apparent comfort or pleasure;bar service was conducted in an area that had no ventilation so customers and the help sweated while getting refreshments. No coffee unless you asked in the restaurant that served sub-level food. When a party began at 8pm in the penthouse above us and continued until 2am we were informed it was our fault for not asking if there were any events in the hotel that would prohibit our sleep. Every August we try a different Ft Lauderdale hotel and rely on the reviews of people and the trip adviser. I am disappointed that this was rated so highly. Could not even get to the beach and relax on chairs and with umbrellas easily. Everything was a hassle to the staff. The only pleasant staff were the valet service for our car. They were courteous and very personable.

Room Tip: Don't, no rooms have adequate protection from the noise and the rude staff.
16  Thank Elena K
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear Ms K,

My team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by noise during your visit and that your original room did not have a fantastic view. I can assure you that there are very few rooms, approximately 4, in this hotel that have partial ocean views and that the view from the lobby up to the Penthouse is equally fantastic. I am truly sorry you did not have a memorable experience with us and hope you choose to give us another chance to show you our best. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and can be reached at (954)564-1000.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Ok you walk in it's a wow, and ok you go to your room and you say wow, You have have a room with a picture view of the ocean, and That's it no more no less, no coffee pot , no refig, no mic,
was very unhappy never go back again, you get more from the comfort Inn, no lie,

13  Thank lori s
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear lori s,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that your view was as advertised and that you were wowed by our stylish design upon arrival. It is true that this hotel does not have full kitchens in our rooms but we do offer complementary freshly brewed premium coffee, complimentary wireless internet and the best view on the beach. I am confident our service team made you feel welcome and that the value you received for your room was excellent. My team and I are very sorry that you did not have a great experience with us. I wish you safe travels and hope you come back in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed at the B Ocean for 6 nights. At our arrival we were greeted by 3 people, all with smiles and attentive. We were upgraded to a room with windows from floor to ceiling Wow the view. The rooms were clean but not spotless (cleaning lady did not see spots on the walls). Beds comfortable and rooms nicely decorated, splendid view. Convenient location, buses in front of the hotel, as well as the Sun trolley, that would take you along the strip. Lots of really good restaurant options within walking distance. We had lunch on the first day at the Bistro, not impressed, my daughter had a hamburger and the bread was soggy.Though we had diner at Saia and that was amazing, service, presentation, food Wow. Would I recommend this hotel - yes.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the middle section have a nicer view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Not only is B Ocean a beautiful hotel with beautiful views and comfy rooms, the service was the best I have ever had at a hotel. The staff was friendly and courteous without being pompous, and they seemed to really want to be there and help us in any way possible. The location is great, right across the street from fabulous Fort Lauderdale beach, and there are lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room on the 12th floor had a fantastic view of the ocean and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Despite the request from the GM that I withhold my views from this and other ratings sites, I feel it necessary to share my experience about this facility. I explained to GM Mr. Joel Darr (you will most likely see a condescending reply from him below my review as it seems he is prone to do) that I would give them a shot at making things up with respect to the deplorable treatment I experienced. They made it up by sending us a bucket of 2 year old beer (I did not realize it until I saw it was a 2010 vintage and after it tasted very foul...the 2010 was on the label in case they try to refute it), which is ironic considering this hotel has been only open for 8 months. I spent the balance of my trip no further than 50 feet from a bathroom because I ended up with food poisoning from their rancid make up gift. They will be hearing one of my representatives. I should have known better than to drink it considering it all 4 bottles were already opened when left in our room when it was not occupied. I suppose I was naive to think that they really wouldn't do anything to it like is typically the nightmare scenario when you send back your dinner plate within a questionable restaurant. I was either wrong, or else this beer was already spoiled and they were simply looking to get rid of it. The Fort Lauderdale Department of Health needs to shut down food and beverage until they clean up their act. Complaint filed.

The human resources person here should be fired immediately. Never have I seen a collection of individuals so high on themselves that they seem to take pleasure in insulting and degrading patrons. I was introduced to the shift manager after 3 hours of frustration. When I had the opportunity to discuss my displeasure of the treatment I received by her employees, she arrogantly tried to lecture me on the fact that I did not know what I was talking about, and knew nothing about how hotels work. For the record, I stay in hotels about 70 nights a year and ironically enough I personally used to stay at this property when I was young and it was a Holiday Inn 2 decades ago. So, I asked her her age. Their manager is 22. It ends up I was a guest here and a hotel veteran before she was even born. For some reason, they have picked the lowest of the low to interface with their customers and I suspect you are going to see this place boarded up in a relatively short period of time. All I know is that I got familiar with the room quite well because I was too sick to leave for two days. Nothing to write home about. Because of my circumstances I cannot accurately critique anything other than that.

Stay here at your own risk. From first-hand personal experience your health may be in peril if you do so. And after reading a long series of Excellent reviews that all sound eerily familiar, I get the sense this place may be stuffing their own ballot box. And a special note to Mr. Darr: You know who this is, and you have my personal phone number. Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further, and kindly refrain from posting a nasty retort here because it will only make a bad situation worse. I can assure you of that.

22  Thank Michael A
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Dear Michael A,

Believe it or not, my team and I do embrace feedback from all of our guests. I am very happy to report that we have been able to identify and resolve numerous issues from the day we opened because of TripAdvisor feedback. While it pains me to read the personal attacks in your comments, I am strong enough to understand there must be a reason that you are so upset and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I am very confident that my service team is the most warm and sincere in the market and am proud to be associated with each and every one of them.

Regards,