“Breathtaking Views and Awesome Staff!”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Breathtaking Views and Awesome Staff!”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel after arriving in Ft. Lauderdale for a wedding. tThe website shows EXACTLY what you"ll encounter visually upon arrival and your stay. The staff, was always professional and helpful. Thanks, "Nico" for being so helpful and professional! Although there is not a formally dedicated staff to concierge services, this hotel has a staff member named, "Tommy"! Tommy is friendly, hilarious, and the "Resident Ft. Lauderdale Guru"! My stay would have not been as enjoyable without meeting him. The hotel, appropriately, boasts of their restaurant named, "SAIA". My daughter, having recently returned from living in Japan for 8 weeks, raves about the authenticity and high caliber of the food she ate at this restaurant. I agree wholeheartedly! Chef Sammy prepared and elightened us about our delectable dishes! Chef Sammy was also comical. I highly recommend this hotel, without any reservations. From the awesome staff to the beautiful full ocean views, you will not have a better hotel stay in Fort Lauderdale. We will return to Ft. Lauderdale and stay in the B Ocean again. The B Ocean, from reservations to your room, from housekeeping to food, will NOT disappoint!

Thank you B Ocean for a wonderfully unforgettable stay in Fort Lauderdale!

Room Tip: Every room has an awesome full ocean view. The rooms with the floor to ceiling windows are particula...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto
Reviewed 5 October 2011

You won't be dissapointed staying at the B Ocean, that's for sure. This former Holiday Inn which sat abandoned, has been revitalized under the multi-million dollar renovation of these new owners and transformed to a fantastic funky oceanfront property. The hip clean style of the entrance and rooms give is a great Vegasy vibe. The food at the restaurants is reportedly very good, however my family and l tend to go to area ones along the beach strip so we can eat at outside patios al fresco.
Overall, the rooms are contemporary and fresh, the location is absolutely fantastic with a beautiful sandy beach across the street, and the service was impecable. They apparently have a great sale going on now for their 1 year anniversay where the second night is one dollar. Call B Ocean for details.
The only drawback was the pool area was little small, but otherwise it is a fine establishment.
I'm actually looking forward to the new hotel they are opening in Miami. If its like this one it should be a great hit. ...Enjoy

Room Tip: All are good, since they all face the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel exceeded my expectations in many areas. It has the best view . I could easily see this hotel charging a lot more for the view I will defiantly stay with them when I come back to Fort Lauderdale. The only cons that I can think of was the cleaning staff didn't replace the sheets one time during the 3 nights we stayed. The reason I could tell is my girlfriends makeup smudge did not appear any smaller each night.The only other con I could think of was the "free wifi" was pretty slow for web surfing but you could pay extra to have a faster connection.

Oak bluffs
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Traveled all the way from Martha's Vineyard Mass....Everything from begining to end was amazing. upon arrival they gave us a upgraded room for our anniversary...the rooms were clean, the beds comfy...the beach is all white sand and the water crystal clear..great pizza open 24 hrs next door. Food at the saia was amazing. Great reviews in new York times as one of the best sushi restaurants. There not kidding. Many locals come for the great food!The 2 Daves were the best. The bartender Dave makes the best scorpion bowls I ever had..been in fortlauderdale before but it was the best experience we ever had. Don't need a car there are so many places within walking distance. This will be the first of many trips to the B OCean. I was constantly asked if I needed anything, how was my stay, down side was the house keeping. I left at 9 am several day and still did not have the room clean when we arrived back at 3 . Guess u can't have everything.I'm still coming back...over all great place great people,great experience

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed at The B hotel this past weekend and found it to be an excellent hotel. Our view was fantastic. The room was spotless, the beds and pillows very comfortable, aveda products, friendly staff.. all in all we have no complaints. We will definitely be back!

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The hotel itself is beautiful- cool lobby, beautiful views (the corner room is definitely worth the few dollars upgrade!), exceptionally friendly employees. It's in a great location right across from the ocean and around the corner from several cool restaurants (Blue Fish Cafe and Primanti Brothers). It's blocks up from the drunken nightlife.

The only thing that made me hesitate, and the reason I didn't give them 5 stars, is the noise. My room was on the 7th floor and even from that high up, it seemed like the traffic was so loud.

I would gladly stay here again as it was an exceptional experience.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I just returned from a 4 day business trip and hosted in the B Ocean and found it very balanced, you can do everything you need... The service since I arrived was excellent, meeting rooms and my room itself had a great ocean view. It is in the middle of all you need, I worked out ouside running by the beach, had a good time walking around and visited the Galleria Mall which is very close (5min walking), where you can find good restaurants, etc. In the hotel, the rooms are simple but VERY COMFORTABLE, I would say that the best is the bed and pillows! - the only thing is that they don't have a fridge. Sushi restaurant downstairs is good as well as the bistro, both are cost-effective. I definetly reccommend and would be back with my family next time!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are ocean front but those near to elevatros are the best because at the sunrise yo...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear evillegas,

My team and I thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about your recent stay with us. It pleases me to read comments from someone who obviously travels frequently on business and leisure. All of the team members at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale value your business and hope you have an opportunity to come back and B Our Guest again very soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Kindest Regards,