“Beautiful Boutique Hotel”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Very pretty property where every room has a wonderful panoramic ocean view!
This is a remodeled very old building. It has been wonderfully redone however, the sound proofing is not very good. We heard every footstep in the hallway. We finally just turned the air down so low it would run continuous and provide some background noise so we could sleep. The bedding is super comfortable with lots of pillows provided!
Other than that the service was good.
The pool area is a bit small too but if you have the beach right across the street not sure that is a huge problem :-)
You also have a $25 fee on top if you are valeting your car.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear jewliana, thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed our Blissfull Bed and the overall service at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Some friends and I met in Ft. Lauderdale for a girls weekend. We were impressed with the B online due to it's chic pictures. 2 of the 3 us have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale before at a couple different hotels. While it was very nice, there are a couple of things that I didn't like too. To start, the lobby was fabulous and the staff was wonderful! We were greeted right away and were so early the wonderful staff stored our bags and we ate lunch and used the pool. All nice and clean. The food was great (tomato and moz salad was our favorite!!) The service on our first visit to the B'stro was horrible! The only reason we ever went back was due to the salad! The service the 2nd time was incredible! The pool was very small but that did not bother us because the bartender was amazing. The rooms were amazing with breathtaking views, BUT There was a lot of noise in the hall all night long and the room was never "cooled off." The biggest complaint about the hotel is that it is not all that convenient to "fun". I don't mind walking, but it was out of the way to the rest/bars. Otherwise it was great!

Room Tip: All the rooms have incredible views!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mamat2000

Dear Mamat2000, thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear the staff was wonderful. Apologies for the first experience at B'stro but happy to see that we recovered on your second visit. The distance to the "fun" area in FLL beach is actually a positive, because most people prefer to go and party away from the hotel and comeback to a quieter area of the beach.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We arrived on a Wednesday evening after a terrible experience with Alamo Rent A Car. The hotel manager was so helpful, kind and welcoming. Our room was a junior suite on the 11th floor. We got sweeping views of beaches, state park, big boats and city. The pool area has these wonderful outdoor sofas, everything is clean, quiet and enjoyable. We flew in and out of Miami-it was well worth traveling to the B Ocean.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear christineyoung99, thank you for staying at the B. I am impressed that you flew into MIA and stayed with us. That says alot about your interest in our hotel. Glad to hear our manager was able to assist with your needs. I appeciate your perfect score! Come back to the B whenever you can!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I was more than happy with my stay at B Ocean. The rooms were very modern, contemporary, and very clean. The view was gorgeous as all the rooms come with an ocean view. The location was also perfect. B Ocean sits in the middle of A1A and is right across the street from the beach. I also thought that the staff was very friendly, helpful, and very kind. I especially want to acknowledge Tiffany, the manager of the property. She was more than glad to print out our boarding passes for our flight the next day and even called me on my cell phone to clarify something concerning my flight. She was very helpful, too, in providing us with directions to the Seminole Hard Rock and with giving her recommendations for restaurants. She also answered many questions concerning activities to do in the surrounding area. I was more than pleased with our stay at B Ocean and would definitely stay here again. I give it 5 stars all the way!

Room Tip: All rooms come with an ocean view so you really can't go wrong with any room that you get
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Constance E

Dear Constance E, thanks for your positive comments. I love to hear great feedback about our staff. Tiffany is one of our rock stars and I am not surprised she went out of her way to assist. This is what we do at the B !!! I gladly accept your 5 STARS. Come back to B with us when you get a chance!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

My Sister & I stayed three days at B Ocean in which we planned a social gathering at B'Stro resturant in the Beach Resort. The stay was absolutely wonderful and the staff was completely welcoming and inviting. Our room had stunning views if Ft. Lauderdale Beach, in which it was right out the doors of B Ocean. Our social group enjoyed themselves and cant wait until next year to do it again. The wine, food and service at b'stro was superb and the famous"Wall" at B Ocean was AWESOME!! I Love this place and would diffantly stay again, and again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Trickia C, glad to hear you had an AWESOME stay. Don't wait another year to come back to B with us. Find another excuse to visit sooner :)

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Having read a number of reviews about this hotel, we booked a weekend getaway. Their service was great and everyone was pleasant and very nice. The staff at the pool bar were a lot of fun..They had fun with each other and the guests and really made our afternnon cocktail hour special.
When i booked the room, I did mention that my wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary....A fresh fruit plate and a couple of complimentary waters greeted us in our room, which had the best view of the beach and ocean out of any of the beach hotels. We did book the curved? room in the middle with floor to ceiling windows...I could see practically to Boca...

There were none of the other nasties I had read about which seemed to occur long ago. I will say the only thing that marred the visit were the two weddings that were going on until 1AM..My bed was booming with the bass...We got over it.just ask if they are having parties when you are there if you are a light sleeper..The beach across the street was fine and not too crowded.

Room Tip: Floor to ceiling window rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan F, thanks for visiting from Parkland and celebrating your anniversary with us. I am glad to see you enjoyed our staff. We do like to have fun and make sure our guests do the same while staying at the B!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I just returned from a very comfortable stay at the B Ocean for the second time. The hospitality shown to us by staff members was greatly appreciated. Thank you to the Manager Omar for going out of your way to ensure a pleasurable stay. Thank you to Tommy in Housekeeping for the continuous laughter and big personality. Thank you to Barry for being very patient and helpful. I plan to make the B Ocean my hotel of choice whenever visiting South Florida.

Again, many thanks!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear C, thanks for making B Ocean you hotel of choice in FLL. We have a great team and you obviously have encountered many of our awesome staff. We look forward to your next visit!