“Great stay Excellent service”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Kingston, Canada
“Great stay Excellent service”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We recently stayed at the B Ocean and must say that we were extremly pleased with our service. From the time of our arrival on Jan 11 to departue on Jan 13 the staff were professional, prompt and very polite. As buisness owners ourselves we are subjected to the whims of guests who are not always polite and some are impossible to please. Having said that, I wish to commend the managemt and staff of this hotel for a job well done.. On a side note, I forgot my suit and shirts in the closet when we left and never noticed until unpacking as our ship was ready to leave port. A call to the B Ocean to ask thier assistance in this and they promptly located my articles and safley stored them until our return to port.. We will stay at this Hotel again and if I might suggest thier Asian grill is spectacular.. In closing we would like to say thank you for a wonderful stay.. Harold & Janet Hamm Kingston NS Canada

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear Harold and Janet, I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our entire team. Thank you for your business and come back to visit soon... it's cold up north!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Hebrew first
Dearborn
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a bright and modern hotel. Everything was exceptional. The food, cleanliness, facilities were top notch. I would definately stay there again. Lots of eateries within walking distance, and you can rent scooters if you want to go exploring. We used the bus to go exploring, the schedule is good. The only down side is the beach is on the highway and it was noisey.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a room with floor to ceiling windows. The windows do not open, but the view was spec...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear AlexandBunnie, thanks for your great feedback.Glad to hear that everything was exceptional!
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here Saturday January 19, 2013 for one night. We arrived at noon--room not ready yet. We stored our bags and drove around awhile. Got back around 3pm and got a room.

The room is on the small side. There is no fridge or microwave. The bathtub is very short (would have expected some kind of soaking tub).

They do have great views of the ocean and the TVs are huge in the room.

We were missing glasses from the room (which are kept in the closet with the ice bucket) Despite asking the bellboy who brought our luggage up (and tipping him), we never got the glasses.

The beds were comfortable. We ate at the pizza place on the corner--great place with great staff. The souvenier shops in the area were bargain priced.

We used the pool area, which was very nice.

Overall, it was an ok stay--But I really missed having a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bingomamma19
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear bingomamma19, thanks for sharing your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the oceanfront views!
Melville, New York
Reviewed 21 January 2013

First off I want to disagree with all the reviews which complained about check in and service. I called from the airport at 10 30 and asked if my room could be ready early (this is high season and did not expect to get in before 3 or 4). They told me that the room they had me in still had a guest, but they switched me to a better room which was ready, didn't charge me the higher rate and when I got there at 11 30 am i got right into my room. Any request i made during my 3 day stay was handled quickly and efficiently. The housekeeping service was fine, they alway sleft me extra towels. And the Valet parking service was outstanding.
The rooms are a little small, but I did have a great view overlooking the ocean. The bed was very good, The TV service and movies offerred were great, however it was pretty expensive, The bathroom was very small, shower very tight for a large person. My biggest complaint about the room is that Air Conditioning unit was very noisy and came on and off constantly and lept me up at night.
Furnishings thoughout the hotel are sleek looking, but seem to be Ikea quality. The pool area is a little small, some guests couldn't get a lounge chair.
The location is across the street from the beach, but it is the only hotel for several blocks, so the crowd seems more local than tourists. It is also very seedy in the blocks adjacent ot the hotel. The shops consist of Tatoo parlors, a couple of low end bars, some bodegas and a crappy diner/pizzeria. A lot of biker types hanging out.
The overall value was good, the location was convenient for my needs. I would not go on vacation here, but it was fine for a few nights. Everyone I came in contact with who worked for the hotel seemed to be trying hard and the results were good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear Larry M, many thanks for sharing your observations. I do appreciate your candid and honnest input as it relates to our front desk, housepeeking and valet service. Everyone on the team really cares about our guests!
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This is my 2nd time staying at B Ocean and both times have been great!!! This time we stayed in the Stunning King Corner guest room, it had an amazing view!!!! The view of the beach and ocean were so great that we never wanted to leave the room, it was pretty mesmerizing!! This is the only hotel that I will stay at when I'm vacationing here. I've stayed at others prior to knowing about B Ocean and none of them can compare!! Oh yeah, I can't forget about the valet guys, they were so nice and friendly! I love this hotel, I'll be back in a few months.

Room Tip: Choose one of the "Stunning" guest rooms, they have the best view!!!
1 Thank Latrice B
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Latrice B, thanks for your comments and for your loyalty. It's great to know that B Ocean is now your hotel of choice when visiting Fort Lauderdale. Hope you will B Back soon!
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed in B Hotel on Dec 23, 2012. By the time we arrived, all the staff greets us and offered very friendly services, what a hotel. The 2 rooms we got are super, ocean view, beautifully managed and very clean. Location is excellent, walking distance to Galleria Mall and close to some restaurants. We definitely will come back to stay at B when we are in fort lauderdale.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Dear Iki Abby S, thanks for your kind comments and for staying with us. Glad you could B our Guest and experience our hotel and service!
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Enjoyed staying at this hotel for 4 nights. Very friendly & efficient staff. Booked a "Captivating King Curve" room and the view was fabulous. Also very important to us there was a good high speed Internet service throughout the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The eighth floor was great although would not want to have a room near the ice machine!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MsKathy_11, thanks for sharing your comments. Sounds like you trully enjoyed our views and our FreeB WiFi!