“It's NOT a five star rating”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very end of the strip. Have to walk at least 2 miles to the main action.
Rooms were ok, did have a view. Only a window, can not open it.
Beds were comforable and did have a 27" screen tv. BE WORN
that this is a party hotel. DO NOT ASK FOR THE 12 floor. Alots
of partying going on the 13 floor. VERY VERY VERY noisy.
Pay alittle extra and stay near the strip at another hotel like the
( westin ) , it would be well worth it.
The rooms were clean but this is not a five star. Believe me, I stayed
in five star resorts.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna H
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear Donna H, thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize if the noise from an event on our Penthouse floor did affect your experience. Thank you for your strong rating on room cleanliness. Please note that there are no 5-star rated hotels on FLL beach.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived till we left.

I am fortunate that with my job that I get to travel first class and travel in private aircrafts.

My experience at B Ocean matched this in every way, the hotel was wonderful, all the staff were fantastic and made our stay very memorable, we will definitely return and have already recommended this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: The higher up the better, we were in room 1202, views and room were both fantastic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear WFerrier816, thank you for sharing your comments. Glad to her your experience was everything you expected it to B! I appreciate your strong recommendation.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

First time stay at the B Ocean Hotel but hopefully not our last. Arrived at 10:30 AM on a Friday 1/4/13, just off a cruise, and we were to check in to our room! We were off to a great start. The room was bright, well appointed, loved the modern vibe. Our view of the beach was incredible. The front desk staff was most helpful with our request for dinner ideas/transportation in Las Olas and again when we needed to print out boarding passes. Had a wonderful dark and stormy at the pool bar made with a homemade ginger ale. You must try it!! My only complaint would be that there are no facilities over at the beach for guests and the vendor there wanted $50 for 2 loungers and umbrella! It seemed that some other hotels we passed provided for their guests on the beach. Would recommend!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the beach!
1  Thank beachNmargarita
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear beachNmargarita, thanks for your great comments on the service and hotel. I appreciate your recommendation!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

We recently stayed at the B Ocean and must say that we were extremly pleased with our service. From the time of our arrival on Jan 11 to departue on Jan 13 the staff were professional, prompt and very polite. As buisness owners ourselves we are subjected to the whims of guests who are not always polite and some are impossible to please. Having said that, I wish to commend the managemt and staff of this hotel for a job well done.. On a side note, I forgot my suit and shirts in the closet when we left and never noticed until unpacking as our ship was ready to leave port. A call to the B Ocean to ask thier assistance in this and they promptly located my articles and safley stored them until our return to port.. We will stay at this Hotel again and if I might suggest thier Asian grill is spectacular.. In closing we would like to say thank you for a wonderful stay.. Harold & Janet Hamm Kingston NS Canada

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Harold and Janet, I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our entire team. Thank you for your business and come back to visit soon... it's cold up north!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a bright and modern hotel. Everything was exceptional. The food, cleanliness, facilities were top notch. I would definately stay there again. Lots of eateries within walking distance, and you can rent scooters if you want to go exploring. We used the bus to go exploring, the schedule is good. The only down side is the beach is on the highway and it was noisey.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a room with floor to ceiling windows. The windows do not open, but the view was spec...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear AlexandBunnie, thanks for your great feedback.Glad to hear that everything was exceptional!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here Saturday January 19, 2013 for one night. We arrived at noon--room not ready yet. We stored our bags and drove around awhile. Got back around 3pm and got a room.

The room is on the small side. There is no fridge or microwave. The bathtub is very short (would have expected some kind of soaking tub).

They do have great views of the ocean and the TVs are huge in the room.

We were missing glasses from the room (which are kept in the closet with the ice bucket) Despite asking the bellboy who brought our luggage up (and tipping him), we never got the glasses.

The beds were comfortable. We ate at the pizza place on the corner--great place with great staff. The souvenier shops in the area were bargain priced.

We used the pool area, which was very nice.

Overall, it was an ok stay--But I really missed having a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bingomamma19
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear bingomamma19, thanks for sharing your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the oceanfront views!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

First off I want to disagree with all the reviews which complained about check in and service. I called from the airport at 10 30 and asked if my room could be ready early (this is high season and did not expect to get in before 3 or 4). They told me that the room they had me in still had a guest, but they switched me to a better room which was ready, didn't charge me the higher rate and when I got there at 11 30 am i got right into my room. Any request i made during my 3 day stay was handled quickly and efficiently. The housekeeping service was fine, they alway sleft me extra towels. And the Valet parking service was outstanding.
The rooms are a little small, but I did have a great view overlooking the ocean. The bed was very good, The TV service and movies offerred were great, however it was pretty expensive, The bathroom was very small, shower very tight for a large person. My biggest complaint about the room is that Air Conditioning unit was very noisy and came on and off constantly and lept me up at night.
Furnishings thoughout the hotel are sleek looking, but seem to be Ikea quality. The pool area is a little small, some guests couldn't get a lounge chair.
The location is across the street from the beach, but it is the only hotel for several blocks, so the crowd seems more local than tourists. It is also very seedy in the blocks adjacent ot the hotel. The shops consist of Tatoo parlors, a couple of low end bars, some bodegas and a crappy diner/pizzeria. A lot of biker types hanging out.
The overall value was good, the location was convenient for my needs. I would not go on vacation here, but it was fine for a few nights. Everyone I came in contact with who worked for the hotel seemed to be trying hard and the results were good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Larry M, many thanks for sharing your observations. I do appreciate your candid and honnest input as it relates to our front desk, housepeeking and valet service. Everyone on the team really cares about our guests!