“Never again”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #17 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Poor service. Room not ready, and no idea when it should be. badgesystem doesn't work and big issues to reactivate again. One day cleaning at 5 pm. Wrong bill at breakfast. Poor cleaning at the pool. Unfriendly staff at the reception refusing to help.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tinoantwerp
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Tinoantwerp, thank you for sharing your comments and apologies for not meeting your expectations. I am of course disappointed with the shortfalls you experienced during your stay and truly feel that you didn't have a chance to see our hotel and staff in the same light as most of our guests have. If you can contact me via our website email, I would love to review in more detail these issues and have an appropriate follow up directly with you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,941)

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel is located right across the street from the beach, and has some excellent views of the city. There are a few cool bars one block south of the hotel for those looking to get out at night. It is also a short cab ride away from the Las Olas area of the city, which has a ton of cool things to do.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the ocean are a real plus.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris H

Dear Chris H, glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and our fantastic views during your recent visit to FLL. Tampa is not too far, so make sure you return to B with us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was here for business - but enjoyed the location and service of the hotel. It is clean and conveniently located. For those of you wanting to go to the beach, you are steps away. If you are looking to be close to Los Oleas, it is not too far either. I would stay here again and plan on doing so the next time I am in Fort Lauderdale. I did not have a chance to have dinner here, however the breakfast was good. For those of you needing sleep – it was a quiet place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear matt5mn, thanks for sharing your feedback and also for selecting B Ocean while in FLL for business. I am glad you appreciated and recognized our great location as well as the service provided by our team. Make sure you try our phenomenal sushi Asian grill restaurant, SAIA, during your next visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times when visiting Ft. Lauderdale for business and vacation. I love that every room has an ocean view. The rooms are clean and modern, and the staff is very attentive. I would recommend to anyone who loves the ocean views while visiting Florida.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room since the layout of the hotel provides an ocean view from each...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear priestck, thanks for sharing your feedback and for your strong recommendation. I truly appreciate your repeat business. Please make sure to touch base with me next time you visit us!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Beautiful rooms and beautiful views. Rooms were very clean and nice. Service was pretty good. Booked my hotel through a third party booking agent and when I requested a King bed room I was told immediately "no we just sold out of those." Seemed like an automatic answer when they saw how we booked our room. My husband is 6'3" and they wanted to give us a double bed. When I asked if they could give me at least a queen bed another desk clerk helped and they found a King bed for us which was great. Parking fee of $25 seemed a little steep.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Kathy S, thanks for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. Many third party on line agencies do not guarantee a bed type when the reservation is confirmed. I am glad that we were able to accomodate your request for a King room upon arrival. The price of parking on the beach is at a premimum due to the limited availability, and our prices are in line with the other full service hotels on the beach. I am glad to hear your enjoyed our incredible views!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a GREAT stay at this Hotel - Top Notch. The location is amazing - you can walk just about everywhere...if not, there are always cabs. Food is terrific...hint; there is a breakfast place around the corner from the hotel which is Terrific.

You are right at the beach and the views from the top floor rooms are tremendous - worth the upgrade. The walls of the hotel can be a little thin if you have a rude neighbor; but the hotel took prompt action and removed him (he was drunk and loud).

What a great place...I hesitated writing the review because I kind of want to keep the "place to myself" but the word is out...Great Stay - Great Staff.

The you B Ocean - We will B back!

Room Tip: Splurge for one of the top rooms - only a little more but views are breathtaking!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ckilkelly01, thanks for sharing your comments regarding your great stay with us! I appreciate the fact that you shared your experience despite wanted to keep this find to yourself :). I promise we will continue to provide the same level of service the next time you come back to B with us (minus the loud neighbor!).

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We got a free upgrade after a little confusion with our room accommodations. Every person we encountered was very professional and polite. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning. They had a variety of foods to satisfy most people. The view from our 6th room was excellent. It was a corner room so we actually had two really nice views. We used the valet parking each day for an extra $25 per day. These guys were at the ready morning, noon, or night! Everything we needed was in close proximity to the hotel. Bars, dining, an ice cream parlor, a 7-eleven, subway, and 24 pizza place to name a few. We walked the strip across from the hotel a few mornings. One can easily get in a 5 to 6 mile run or walk right on the strip each day. Really not much to complain about. I would highly recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. Thanks B!!!

Stayed: October 2013

Dear TravelHawk87, you are welcome! Thank you for staying with us and also for your great recommendation to friends and family.