US$234
US$201
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

US$265
  • Pool
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$178
Riverside Hotel
US$111
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$127
US$113
HIExpress.com
US$349
US$180
US$279
US$268
US$218
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$235
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
Official Site
3,169 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffbonnet houseper daysmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorlobby bar
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple nights here before our cruise and found the hotel very clean and the staff friendly. For the most part, very pleasant stay with a fresh appearance and modern decor.

There were a couple of staff that had a pretentious attitude but overall a very nice beach hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Adavis91381, thanks for your feedback. If you have time, please email me more details via the hotel's email on our website so I can follow up with the some of our team members. Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location but it is very dirty and worn. Though some upgrades have been made, they do not disguise the dirty rugs, showers and hallways. We booked a room for two kids and two adults and were given a room directly under a wedding reception... thankfully it was a one night stay. We would not return.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jillwilltravel

Dear jillwilltravel, I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Both myself and our Manager on duty received your email communication on Saturday and I made sure he followed up with you on the request for extra linens and also to let you know when the event was over, which was 15 minutes after we received your note. I am dissapointed with your overall assessment of our facilities, since you did not mention any of the concerns listed above when our manager contacted you or when he spoke to your husband. It is very helpful for us to find out about any concerns while a guest is still at the hotel so we can address them, instead of hearing about it after the fact.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here with friends for one night prior to our cruise. I ended up in room 221 which is on the second floor overlooking Sunrise Blvd, not the beach. A noisy "equipment room" was across the hallway. Ice machine was on the 4th floor.
Room had a very comfortable king size bed and was well equipped with safe, hair dryer, iron & board, Aveda bath products and free wi-fi. Room had a bathtub.
There is no coffee maker in the room. You can get free coffee in the Bistro in the morning.
Towels were thin and you have to request bathrobes.
Windows do not open.
A variety of snacks are available in the room for $5 each. Check expiration dates!
A stuffed turtle is on the bed. If it is not in your room, you will be charged for it.
You can get a free glass of wine in the Bistro between 5-6pm.
Free newspapers are available but not on weekends.
Pool area was nice but water was too warm for my liking.
Beach is right across the street. Publix and numerous bars and restaurants are close by.
Andrew

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear tocanada2, thank you for sharing a very detailed recap of your visit. I appreciate the constructive feedback and we will aim for "perfect" during your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Having been fantastically happy with a surprise Hotwire 4 Star booking in Ft Lauderdale's beach area last spring, I decided to take a similar gamble this April, seeking same spec and similarly-priced hotel for my 2014 holiday, coinciding with my birthday and anniversary with my partner.

In April 2013 Hotwire paid off with a fantastically affordable but high-spec clean, efficient and well-appointed hotel whose staff couldn't do enough to help and where the smallest details were beyond criticism.

Alas this year we "won" a shabby 3 star masquerading as 4 star!

Except to say that this comment is a little unfair as many 3 star outfits would be above the standard experienced by me so far this weekend.

From the moody car valet who begrudgingly greeted us out front, to the dirty brown stains on the carpet and other staining across the walls, floor and bed valance in our room, it was a sorry experience which left me angry and upset within the first 10 minutes of arriving.

We couldn't even escape the shabby interior to try and relax by the pool as it was closed to guests from 4pm for a private function (which also prevented access to the fitness centre off the pool area).

After I complained about the room stains and being situated in room 821 adjacent to the noisy ice and vending machines, we were offered the room directly above, 921, which was the same room type.

This would have been fine but for the tardy and dirty white walls with grubby greasy finger marks on them and the 2 inch hole in the wall, which we were told could be sorted by maintenance but that it would take 2 hours.

Meanwhile all we wanted to do was unwind in a clean and comfortable room and get set for our first evening out in Fort Lauderdale.

Front desk staff member, Ariel, was very apologetic and helpful and she eventually found us a much cleaner corner room on 2nd floor after we were earlier told by other staff that this wouldn't be possible due to the hotel being booked out for two weddings.

The new room did compensate somewhat as there were floor to ceiling widows looking across to the ocean and a comfortable king size be instead of 2 queens.

We were now also further away from the top floor wedding parties, which staff pre-warned us may be a bit loud and obtrusive.

But sadly the negative experiences continued to come to notice, including:

Long hairs and pubic hair and dirt on the bathroom floor; thin bath towels with bath robes required to be requested specially from reception; no mini bar fridge or fridge of any kind in room; no coffee or hot water facility either; phone on desk didn't work when handset was picked up so calls couldn't be answered and to nightcap it all off, the hotel bar closed at 11pm so we couldn't even redeem our coupons for a complimentary cocktail, which had been issued earlier following our complaints about the rooms.
Ah well, let's hope it's not raining tomorrow so we can hit the beach, opposite, which after all is the one good thing this hotel has going for it.

P.S the beds seem very comfortable so there's another positive comment amid a sea of sorry starts to our trip.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kilofox40
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Kilofox 40, my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Obviously, your experience was far from the one we typically provide to our guests and I would appreciate if you could contact me directly via our hotel website so we can continue this conversation. Our goal is to provide a blockbuster experience and not the version you got to see. thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I look forward to your follow up.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel pre cruise and post cruise. It was adequate for our requirements but I feel I should make people aware of the stuffed toy turtles they have alledgidly in the rooms. When we returned to the hotel after the cruise I checked me credit card details on my tablet and noticed there was an extra charge of £15 . I went to reception and was told that was for the turtle taken out of the room. I explained there was no turtle in the room and straight away I was given a refund, however there was no turtle in the room I was now in. They said they would make a note of that. If I hadn't returned to the hotel it
would have been very difficult to have sorted this . I was told that rooms are checked after we have left and if there is no turtle in the room we are charged for it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christineNorwich

Dear Christine Norwich, people love our stuffed turtles and many people take them home. It's OK to adopt them, but we do charge for them like any other retail item offered in the room. A portion of the proceeds go to the Sea Turtle Conservancy, an organization that protects this species and also provides education about conservation of their habitat.