Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Hampton.com
US$208
US$187
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$189
US$545
US$469
3,050 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffbonnet houseper daysmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful and the view was amazing. The pool area was not as nice, dirty lounge chairs and cabana's, picture on website look much nicer. Also paying 30 a day for parking seemed high, since there is no other choices. Price should be included in your room, as well has a coffee pot in your room, a small pot of coffee was 10.00 and had to be order via room service with a 3.00 delivery charge. Free room service did not exist

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Laurie C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We're sorry to hear that some of your experiences did not meet your expectations. So you are aware, we are in the process of ordering new pool furniture at the moment with plans to have it in place by the end of the summer. I will be sure to relay your message about the coffee makers in rooms since it's something we are also considering. If you have any other feedback, please email me directly at ldufresne@sonesta.com as your sentiments are invaluable to the success of our property. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived on my birthday June 26. We arrived early, and was able check in right away. They put us in room 501, the view from this room was breath taking. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was a little small, but it was not a deal beaker. The hotel is old but updated. The only thing we did not like was valet that cost $28.00 a day. The gentleman that valet your car, was very courteous and prompt. I can't wait until I go back next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sheila W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us, we're so glad you chose us to celebrate your birthday! I'm sorry you weren't content with the parking fee, but it's actually pretty standard of the hotels on the beach since we're operated by an outside parking vendor. We look forward to having you back for many birthdays to come! Please send me a note when you plan on visiting next so we can ensure a pleasant stay, you may reach me at ldufresne@sonesta.com.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel back in early May--when it was called "B". I was there as part of a company sales meeting. Overall--the hotel was very nice and the rooms were comfortable. The location seemed to be OK--you are across the road from the beach--a pretty busy road. The beach in front of the hotel was nice--there was a lot of seaweed when we were there but that could be due to weather/winds. The water was actually quite wavy but was great temperature. There didn't seem much around the hotel--there were a few small stores but everything seemed to close pretty early. I will say that on check-in, the service was pretty bad--I will chalk that up to arriving in a group but I noticed that on other occasions--other people were complaining about the poor service at the front desk. The pool area is pretty small and really busy--the chairs and sun beds look like they need a lot of revamping--everything looked pretty old and used. We ate at the hotel for breakfast and lunch each day as part of the group and the food was OK. Overall, it was a nice, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fam27

Dear fam 27,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not you to your standards when you visited us in May. We have since made some enhancements now that our hotel is a Sonesta, particularly in terms of service and staffing. Additionally, we have plans to update all of the pool furniture in coming months. I hope that you will consider staying with us on your next trip and experience the changes for yourself.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The last time I stayed here (the hotel was still B Ocean), I did not have a positive experience. However, this weekend, I had a great experience at the Sonesta. The service was much better than last time--from the valets, to the front desk, to the hotel bar. The only issues I had with my stay were minimal: there was no shampoo or bath gel in my room upon arrival, and one of the elevators was broken throughout my entire stay so it took up to 10 minutes to get on the elevator at times. Since we were on the 11th floor, this was definitely an issue. However, the room was very nice and the view was beautiful. I am very pleased with the improvements that have been made.

Room Tip: The upper floors have better ocean views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lilredosu2013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you have noticed an enhancement in our service, it's just the beginning of many improvements we plan to make now that we are a Sonesta. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the elevator during your stay, and hope that you will still consider us for your next visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I loved the room with the white decoration and the view to the ocean and the beach.
The hotel is very nice and has a convenient location. It is crossing to the beach and a walking distance to the sea bus, a boat that takes you to the most interesting places of Fort Lauderdale. I am looking forward to come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carmen M

Dear Carmen M,

Thank you for your kind words and staying at our property. We're glad to hear that you found the room to your liking, the views are rather amazing to wake up to! We look forward to welcoming you for your next visit.