Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coconut Bay Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Tranquilo(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Royal Palms Resort & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Beach Plaza Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Cocobelle Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Premiere Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Soleado Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Tropi Rock Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
3,037 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffbonnet houseper daysmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very nice and clean Hotel. Good price and quality of service. Very close to the beach as well.
Formerly known as the B Ocean - Rebranding and revamp of the hotel lobby and bar. I recommend it! Great place on the Hollywood blvd.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear pagapaga,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our latest addition to the Sonesta Collection. We're so glad to hear that you noticed some of the enhancements we've made after our rebranding, and hope you'll be back soon to enjoy them again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is in a great spot on the beach front.

The lovely staff offered us an upgrade to a beautiful room with stunning views of the ocean.
The hotel is very trendy, heaps of restaurants on the water front.
Free Wifi, great bar area with free snacks & wine every night at 5pm which was very nice.

Unfortunately we only stayed for 1 night before getting on a cruise, but next time I'd definitely make time to stay a little longer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Dan D,

Thank you for staying with us recently and your review of the property. I'm glad to hear that our team was able to take great care of you and upgrade your room so you could enjoy those views even more. You will definitely have to come back and stay with us longer next time, please send me a note to ldufresne@sonesta.com should you come back this way and I'll be sure we take great care of you again!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had the pleasure of having a little family (me, my husband, and our 12 month old daughter) stay-cation this weekend at the Sonesta Ft. Lauderdale. I've been to the property before, when it was the B-Ocean, and it is as lovely now as it was then.

Highlights:
- The staff consistently exceeded our expectations on friendliness and helpfulness. Often, we had to ask for a high chair or plate of fruit for the baby, and each time, the staff met each request with a smile.
- Hotel views are STUNNING. We spent much of our time at an event on the Penthouse level, and you simply can't get a better view anywhere on Ft. Lauderdale Beach.
- Proximity to the beach is excellent- literally across the street!
- Hotel food at the Sonesta is wonderful. There was not a single meal that we didn't find ourselves talking about during the day. So worth it!
- The hotel is a little north of much of the "action" of Ft. Lauderdale Beach. For us, this was a HUGE plus, as we were definitely seeking a quieter experience.
- Can't beat the fact that Primanti Bros (delicious all-hours pizza) is right nearby in case you need a snack!
- Housekeeping folded up our clothes when they cleaned our room each day!
- Biggest plus: The General Manager, Eduardo, was visible all weekend long. He asked us how everything was no less than 3 times during the weekend. It's clear that the culture he sets for his staff comes from his own customer service philosophy.

Things I'd change if I could:
- It's true, not all Sonesta Ft. Lauderdale views are created equal. We were in a 3rd floor room, and the view was not as "inspiring" as those on higher floors. (We spent time in a friend's room on the 10th floor, and the difference was tremendous.) Though we did have a view of the ocean, on my next visit, I will be sure to request a higher floor. You should too.
- The pool and deck area are both quite small. On a busy summer Saturday afternoon, it was too crowded for us to enjoy, so we chose other activities.
- If you want to be in the middle of the bars and similar nightlife, this may not be the right property for you. We loved the location and the quiet!
- Valet parking is very expensive. That being said, the valet staff were very quick to bring our car around, and were in no way bothered when we asked them to bring the car around just so we could put bags in it and go back upstairs. There is street parking available, but it is metered.

Though no property is perfect, we fully enjoyed our stay at the Sonesta Ft. Lauderdale, and we would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. We absolutely plan to come back here! Thanks so much to all of the fabulous Sonesta staff for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: Be sure to request the highest floor you can!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jennifer,

We can't thank you enough for providing such a thorough and detailed review of the property. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff, food and location were to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back whenever you're ready. Please send me a personal note to ldufresne@sonesta.com when the time is right, and I'll be sure we put you in a high floor room so you can make the most of those sunrise views. :)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Property is in great condition, good ocean view king, a friendly and helpful staff, and excellent food & beverage! I drove in and the valet service was equal to the task! Finally, hotel is in excellent location! .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property after your stay and for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that enjoyed your experience and in particular, that the valet staff was so accommodating. We hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

nice staff, gorgeous room, floor to ceiling ocean views. Only negative is, no fridge or microwave. They will bring fridge if you ask but no microwave. My wife likes hot tea at nite. They will bring you a pitcher of hot water if needed for tea. VERY NICE staff. And there is only valet parking 28.00 a day, very worth it in this neighborhood. lots of shops and restaurants parking is tough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Mikey A,

Thank you for staying with us recently and your kind review of the property. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff and the rooms. We have recently added fridges to many of the rooms so if you plan on visiting with us again, please send me a personal note at ldufresne@sonesta.com and I will make that request for you. We hope to have you back soon!