“Great location!!!”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #16 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The location is awesome, we stayed at the 9th floor with the long windows. It was a great view to the beach. Waking up to this view was wonderful. The restaurant and breakfast are very overprice. We didn't try them. The pool area is smaller than we thought, but nice. The room is spacious for 2. The design is modern and very clean rooms. We will probably stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for choosing the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale on your recent stay to the area, and for taking the time to review the property. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel! We like to think of it as a little bit of South Beach in Fort Lauderdale. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit! :)

Lindsay

Write a ReviewReviews (2,945)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The price sounded too good to be true based on the competition nearby. However, we were quite pleased. Parking is expensive ($30 or so?). Check out lot behind hotel to save a few bucks($20 for 24 hours).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Brian C,

Thank you for staying with us recently and your kind review of the property. We're so glad to hear that you felt your stay was worth the value, we like to think that's one of our best assets of this beachfront paradise! I'm sorry to hear that you felt the parking charges were high, but we are actually in line with what most of the other hotels on the beach charge since public parking is a bit limited in the area. Hopefully you will consider us on your next visit as we would love to have you back!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff, room was very clean, fantastic ocean view, great location right on the beach. Told the staff I was proposing to my gf and was given a better room with a beautiful view at no additional cost

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EddnH

Dear EddnH,

Thank you for your five-star review of the property, we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am happy to learn that the front desk was accommodating in celebrating such a special occasion for you and your girlfriend/fiance. You may just have to think about getting married here! :)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Besides the occasional loudness, the hotel was very nice. Featured a bistro, restaurant, pool, and event gatherings. I was here for a wedding and the staff was exceptionally nice, attentive, and welcoming. However, the rooms need a microwave. It's directly across the street from the beach but a 1.5 miles from the strip of Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
1  Thank Tai J
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Tai J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that had noise issues, it's a challenge we face when we have events in house. We are considering microwaves in rooms, so I will be sure to address this with our management team. We hope to have you back here for another stay soon, the views will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is modern, fresh and reasonably clean. The location just to the beach is great, with an excellent view from many of the rooms. There are a few cafes/pubs nearby and no more than a 10 minute walk to the nearby (and decent sized) mall which boost several restaurants. This part of the beach strip is perhaps not the busiest, but personally I enjoy a quieter environment anyway.

A few negatives:
- The elevator were very audible from our room
- The rooms are quite small if you´re a party of four (which was expected though)
- No refrigerator in the room
- Pool size is a joke – but there is a nice and clean just across the street

Overall I would definitely consider staying there again if I am around Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator. Choose a deluxe room if you´re a party of four to ensure you get &quo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank joakimlundberg

Dear joakimlundberg,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay and for the great feedback on your experience. So you know, we have added fridges to many of our rooms with the goal of having them in all in the near future. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the elevator but if you make a return trip in the future, please send me a personal note to ldufresne@sonesta.com and I will be sure to make a room request down the hall for you. I'm sorry you were displeased with the size of the pool, but hope you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel to the beach. Again, thank you for your review, we hope to see you on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love the concept of this hotel, all the rooms have an ocean view and are very modern and stylish. The staff is super friendy. One of the days we stayed there, we slept in until about 3 p.m. so we thought it would be too late to get our room cleaned. To our surprise when we came back from the beach our room had been cleaned! The breakfast buffet is also great.. and the waiters were great!!
My only complaints are: the bathroom grout in the shower was moldy and very dirty. Also, they don't have a basket down at the lobby for wet towels that guests bring back from the beach. Instead they just throw them down on the dirty concrete. Even the clean towels are on the floor for you to take to the beach. I don't care if they clean them with 100 degree water... it's pretty disgusting that the towels that guests use to dry their bodies could've potentially been on the concrete floor where cars and thousands of people have stepped on before. I think they could invest in a $40 basket to have them in a more sanitary condition.

Other than than great hotel :) hopefully they fix the towel and grout situation because I'd love to come back again :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen V
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Karen V,

Thank you for recent stay with us and your great review about the property. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the views and found the guest rooms to your liking. More importantly, thank you for your valuable feedback on the towels and bathroom situation. If you can send me a personal note to ldufresne@sonesta.com and tell me of the room you were in, I will have our Engineering department look into it. I will be discussing the towel concern with my management team tomorrow morning.

We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our second time staying here. We absolutely love it there. Every room has a beautiful view of the beach. Clean, modern rooms and very helpful staff....especially the Pool bartender Joejie!! Can't wait to go back in September!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Babs4606

Dear Babs4606,

Thank you for being a repeat guest to our hotel, we love our loyal customers! We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words about the hotel, and look forward to having you back in September. Send me an email at ldufresne@sonesta.com so I can be sure to keep a close eye on your reservation and see that we take great care of you. I'm sure Joejie is looking forward to having you back!