“The B Ocean was great!!!!”

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Allentown, PA
“The B Ocean was great!!!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Had anticiapted the hotels opening for so long and was very pleased with the whole "B" brand experience. The room and public spaces were stunning, and everything was white, bright, and fresh, and the views from the rooms are amazing. It was trully like staying at an exclusive spa. The pool area was small but had a really hip vibe and plays cool ambient music. My only complaint was that the pool bar was not yet open and the hotel still seems to be working out the kinks but the staff was great and enthusiastic and you will have a wonderful experience at this hotel! Check out "Franco and Vinny's" a local institution and just around the corner form the hotel, for probably the best Italian food you will find in all of Southern Florida, also you can walk to the Galleria with great shopping and dining, the water taxi, and the state parks which border both sides of the hotel. There is also a great place for French breakfast pastries called the "Eurobread Cafe" in a condo building just across from the Galleria. Can't wait to go back!!!

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Hebrew first
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day getwaway. The hotel is gorgeous and the view from our room was breathtaking. Having a full ocean view was awesome, what a great way to wake up in the morning.
The "B"stro had great food, the burger and turkey sandwich were awesome.
I loved the fact that I did not have to pay a dime for WIFI. Every hotel should be like the "B" and give free WIFI. Being able to checkout a IPAD from the front desk was so cool.
The only complaint that my wife and I had was that the "B" could not make the rain go away. Luckily the rooms come with a large flat screen tv. The staff and service were great and were there to help you in anyway possible.
Definetly going back!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Dear Pincus7,

Happy Valentines to you and your loved one, we very much appreciate you choosing to spend this holiday with us at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale. I am so thankful that you have shared such nice comments with the TripAdvisor community. My Chef will be very excited to read that you were able to B Nourished at B'stro on the Beach and enjoyed your dining experience. It is a brand standard of B Hotels and Resorts to offer complimentary internet access as a hotel amenity, I am glad to read that you are happy with this decision. I am thrilled that you found the other technology exceeds your expectations as well. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you for choosing to B Our Guest.

Kindest Regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I just want to thank the folks who put the pool pictures on!!! Was very curious to see the pool area. Taking a long weekend from Boston to get out of the cold!!! Can't wait to get there. Looks like a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mosie234
Dear mosie234,

I am happy that you were able to find suitable photo's of our beautiful new pool area on TripAdvisor.com. I am confident that the real thing will be even more appealing to you and your companions. I look forward to meeting you personally very soon and thank you for choosing to B Our Guest.

Reviewed 12 February 2011

Great job Joel and staff. Very clean hotel, terrific staff and great dinning. We will B back.
Dean

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Drobertson2'

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about B Ocean Fort Lauderdale with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you were able to B Indulged with our great food and B Spoiled by our fantastic staff. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. I am very happy you chose to B Our Guest.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Believe hotel officially opened the week before we arrived; however, everything was in tip-top shape. This was a great place to stay. Beach was right across street, many small shops to have a quick meal or buy things for beach were within one block and if you chose, really didn't have to leave hotel for anything. Pool area was great with 3 cabanas and was well maintained and very clean. Staff bent over backwards to be helpful. Although we didn't eat at hotel restaurant, we heard it was very good. We got an introductory rate which really made the hotel a great value. Our room like all room overlooked the beach and this was a definite plus. Everything was very modern, from the lobby to the fixtures in the room. Only negative which did not deal with hotel itself, was the beach. On our first day, we noticed a lot of seaweed on the beach and on our second day, 1000's of Portuguese Man of Wars washed ashore along the southern Florida coast and while beaches to the north, quickly cleaned up, Ft Lauderdale was very slow to do so. So for a day or two after the epidemic passed, still couldn't go into water because of lack of beach cleanup. Finally, note there is a $25/day parking fee with valet service; however, you can park for $10 in the lot behind the hotel if you park the car yourself. All in all, would definitely go back and would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans a beach trip to Ft Lauderdale.

Dear billyb57718,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to share your B Ocean Fort Lauderdale experience with the TripAdvisor community. The B Team and I are thrilled that you found the cleanliness, decor and service to B Impressive. I will pass your beach comments onto the city to ensure they understand the importance of clearing the beach more quickly. I am happy you chose to "B Our Guest" and look forward to meeting you personally next time you are here.

B Inspiring!

Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I wanted to comment on the outstanding service that this hotel has to offer. The entire staff went out of their way to make our vacation enjoyable. Everyone including the front desk, valet service, housekeeping, restaurant staff and management- I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone staying in the area. Thank you all again for everything. My husband and I had a great time-Your hotel is absolutely beautiful. See you next year.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Dear cookie2003

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive comments about B Ocean Fort Lauderdale and our service team with the TripAdvisor community. I will be sure to share this wonderful review with all of my team members to ensure they understand how their efforts can impact the hotels results. I look forward to welcoming you back to visit South Florida very soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels and thank you again for you kind comments.

I appreciate you choosing to "B Our Guest"!

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 January 2011

While this was a brand new hotel still figuring things out; the rooms were comfy with great ocean views, the location across from the beach convenient and the staff bent over backwards to be friendly, helpful and accomodating with any and all of our questions. They made me and my three teen/college kids feel welcome and comfortable and you could feel the pride all of the staff had in their facility. This is a smaller, personal hotel-not your mega-hotel with huge fitness room, pool and generic restaurant but instead the facilities are small, intimate, super clean and very classy. I would go back in a minute...especially since there is 3 feet of snow on the ground here!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Dear jdc22,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about B Ocean Fort Lauderdale with the TripAdvisor community. I am especially proud to read the comments regarding how clean you found the B, this is our primary objective. I hope I was able to meet you and your family personally while you were here. While I am sorry you had to return to the cold and snow, I must boast that Fort Lauderdale is expected to reach 80 today. My team and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you and many of your friends back to B Ocean to warm up very soon. We are all thrilled to have you "B Our Guest"

B Inspired!