“Great food with a lot of employees standing around doing nothing”
Review of SAIA - CLOSED

SAIA
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Spanish, Asian, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunrise and AIA
Description: Welcome to SAIA - a harmonious experience of the senses in a modish Southeast Asian style. In just one visit you will know why SAIA is more than just dining – it is an experience that inspires the senses.
ft. lauderdale, florida
“Great food with a lot of employees standing around doing nothing”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Been to Saia many times. Delicious sushi and small plates but seems unfortunate never very crowded. They need to advertise because its in the B Ocean Hotel and many locals dont even know it exists. Happy hour mondays is a great deal. Half off all sushi. Just fpund that out tuesday night. ( Next time)Seems like service could be better since there is always a few tables with about 3 times as many wait staff standing around doing nothing. You would think service would be more efficient for it, but its not. We are local so we will be back. Maybe Monday??

• Visited June 2013

Allentown PA
“Love sushi”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Had the ocean blue half roll. While I must admit I came in for happy hour ( the Saia Rita ) was probably the best non traditional margarita it was so good and at happy hour price $7 what a great deal. The sushi was outstanding. Love this hotel and their restaurants !!

• Visited June 2013
Marina del Rey, California
“Lots of tasty options”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Dining on expense account does tend to give me a better opportunity to sample more of the menu, but I enjoyed everything I ordered, and though the drinks service was slow and not necessarily correct, the food makes up for that.

Visited February 2013
GreatSushi, General Manager at SAIA, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
We do like to hear how we are recieved by our guests to see what we can improve upon. We do have a social hour at the bar for samplings of the menu for those that would like to see what we about before sitting down for a full experience. With our bar service we use fresh juices and fuits for our hand crafted cocktails so there are times when they might take a few extra minutes to be prepaired. We are currently revising the cocktail list to more of a seasonal menu to better enhance your next experience.
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner with Sashimi at SAIA Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I was reading Trip Advisor comments from other people and on my last visit in Fort Lauderdale I was keen to visit this restaurant. The food was nice, specially the Sashimi combo was really fresh. The price is very expensive for that what you get. I had 4 different plates which cost me 100 $ and I was still hungry. The service staff was a kind of friendly but reserved and not specially in a hurry to serve. Overall it was not worth to spend so much money and I will not visit it again.

• Visited April 2013
GreatSushi, General Manager at SAIA, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I see that you enjoyed your dinner but found it to be expensive. In order to provide our guests with the finest and freshest raw fish available we only buy the best and freshest products on the market which are sometimes more pricey. Also, everything is made to order piece by piece by hand and when the restaurant is busy this can cause a little lag time in service. On your next visit to Ft. Lauderdale please be my guest for dinner. Patrick Fortemps, General Manager.
Temple Hills, Maryland
“The Food Was Cool”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I had a slight problem with the tempura platter consisting of everything being fried (i.e., broccoli, and sweet potato). Once I've peeled the batter from my vegetables, the food was tasty. Others I've dined with found the food to be excellent.

Visited April 2013
GreatSushi, General Manager at SAIA, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to wrtite a review. Sorry you did not like the batter on the Tempura but by definition Tempura is a Japanese dish of seafood or vegetables that have been battered and deep fried (Wikipedia). Glad your comanions enjoyed their selections.