Cascades Motel
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$165
US$151
US$268
US$111
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$110
Official Site
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$243
US$228
  • Beachfront
US$218
Manhattan Tower Apartment Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$114
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I choosed this motel because we stayed there about 5 years ago and it was a good price, clean and had everything I wanted... peace, great view (we were on the second floor) and a complete kitchen, plus, just across the beach (you had to cross the road but not walk for 15 minutes to get there)... When I got in touch with the Manager (or owner) Richard, he told me that he had only 1 room left with a kitchen, he would make sure my room is nice!!! He was really nice on the phone and I was confident I was going to have a great stay... when we arrived the motel was exactly how I remembered it... Richard was there, with Ginger (the lady who takes care of the facility)... when we got our room I was REALLY disapointed... it was on the first floor (which is made in an L shape) and we were on the corner of the L... with absolutely NO view at all, plus on one side we had Ginger staying there and on the other the laundry room. Our windows gave us a view of the parkings around us... which we will discover, are very noisy at night... seems people love to talk in their backyard (or parking) until really late at night (1h00 - 2h00 a.m.)... The room is quite big, but there is absolutely no decoration, no color everything is white... furniture really old and chipped... kitchen... well we had 3 big plates, 4 small ones, 1 bowl (we are 2 people staying there)... 1 spoon.. a few pots (with no cover)... but the most important things where missing... no clock, no coffee pot and no toaster... and forget about a wake-up call... there is also no phone in the room! We had a fridg, which had still the stain of the previous bottles that were in there (even if the cleaning lady had just finished cleaning it)... the air conditionning was soo dirty... I decided to clean the filter and the front myself... was definitively not going to start it without that! Also, there is a huge gap all around it... so you could see outside... which meant any crawling creatures could come in... so when we came back from doing a grocery, I blocked all around it with the plastic bags. Bathroom was big, but not sure who did the tiling in it... but they missed a few spot of grout and put caulghing to cover it... so there is mildew at some places... Also.. the mirror, which is rectangular, was installed on the horizontal, so the only thing you can see... is your belly button! The plug for the razor is non functionnal. Beds were o.k... no big issue with it. Wi-fi worked perfectly fine all the time... Our goal was to relax and go to the beach, and anyway it was springbreak and I know everything was booked, so couldn't asked to change room. There is a nice swimming pool but we didn't use it... so can't comment on it.
Evenings and late night are not quiet... may it be for those who are talking or having fun in the parkings around or some odd "talking" close to our door... I felt safer to always put my travel alarm on the door... (no one tried to open the door)... but still didn't feel safe at all. We were there from March 11 - 16... on March 13, Ginger asked to do an inspection to see if the cleaning lady had to come... she said that she would ask her to come... She never did... not once during our stay... so no cleaning of the floor, no changing the towels, cleaning the bathroom... no taking the garbage out... nothing... If you asked them for something, they are very nice and will give it to you within 15 minutes... but you have to ask... for toilet paper, for towels... everything... even the dish soap... which they thought I would purchase a bottle myself!!! I was there for 5 days and everywhere else I stayed, when you ask for a room with kitchen... they provided everything (in Las Vegas the maid even do your dishes for you!)... I told them I wasn't going to buy a bottle, I can't bring it back in the plane!!! So they landed us one... but they really didn't want to give it to us... my husband had to negociate with the janitor... On a peace of paper they gave to us... for the Wi-Fi password there was the motel "policy" (not sure if this applies to all or only those who stay there for weeks)... but here is what it said:
- Any request for towels or toiletry need (there was only smal soaps for your hands provided), must be requested during office Monday - Friday 9h00 - 5h00;
- Emergency phone calls are allowed for 5 min only and telephone must stay in office;
- Residents please discard your own garbage in dumpster located behind the building (this was just beside our windows!!!);
- There is no maid service on Sunday and holidays (for us there was none at all)! Fresh linens will be giving only on the day of check in once a week.

Will I go back... maybe if I need to stay just for 1 night to take a cruise... but I took many names of hotels and motels in the surrounding... Stay there for more then 1 night... NOPE.
To comment on Anna Lucy's commnent... Yes it's a very odd bunch of people... Every time we saw them, they were really nice and don't think they were drunk... But the only time we had contact with them was between 13h30 and 17h00... we may have seen them 5 times in total...

Room Tip: You should ask to stay on the second floor... unless you are not afraid of anything or are a heavy sleeper...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sacajawa
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Please do not stay here! The place is very shabby, we were greeted by two drunk shirtless men and a young woman who was decidely odd. The owner/manager arrived and the Adams family was then complete!! Suffice to say we slept with a chair wedged under the door handle, There is a reason why this place is cheap, it is vile!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AnnaLucy
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This was my second stay here for the year at Cascades. This is a reasonably priced motel at whose services one will be very pleased with. The rooms are well appointed,spacious and clean. the staff was very friendly and professional..... Very nice place to visit with family and friends. Great place. Miss S .

Room Tip: near the pool area
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family