“Second Visit was not good at all”

Panaretto Italian Bistro
Ranked #213 of 1,369 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cordova Road
Description: Panaretto is proud to offer delicious italian food in East Fort Lauderdale.Established in in 2008, this is a REAL ITALIAN RESTAURANT AND PIZZERIA. Panaretto has always received recognition and praise for the quality of ingredients, the service and the satisfaction of its customers. Our kitchen uses the freshest ingredients for the preparation of our food,including homemade pizza dough made daly,with the best selection of Italian and American flours,fresh pasta and desserts. Panaretto is the name of the wooden serving plate. It is a traditional serving plate in the Venice area, usually to serve polenta. Our pizzas are served on the panaretto to make the process of cutting the pizza easier and to preserve the crust by eliminating the condensation that a common plate generates.
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Our first visit was rather good (take away pizza, please other review) HOWEVER our second visit couldn't have been more disappointing.
The service was horrific, the waiter couldn't explain the items properly and had a really bad attitude.
We ordered the pasta and it was awful, really heavy cream and although the menu described "speck" on the list of ingredients, mine had none or at least not enough that had any impact of the flavor of the dish.
It was very expensive (USD 17.00 for a small dish of pasta ?!?) and to make matters worse, I didn't feel well after a few hours (nausea).
I was really disappointed as our first experience had been good but would not return to this restaurant nor I can recommend to anyone else. It really is a pity as this restaurant is close to our neighborhood and we felt at first it could become our local Italian restaurant.
I will definitely check the other reviews again in the near future in the hope it will improve.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Can someone please let me know when the restaurant changed hands because it seems like the quality deteriorated.

1  Thank Norm W
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We tried this restaurant during our December trip to Fort Lauderdale. Since we stayed one nite at the Renaissance, this spot is a very easy walk from that hotel. It's located within a mall complex and not too far from Bimini Boatyard, Panera, and 17th Street itself.

There are outdoor tables as well as indoors and we chose indoors since it was hot outside. The interior was neat and clean and we were greeted promptly by our server. We ordered the Italian appetizer of antipasto which was quite a large portion and very tasty!

I had the lobster ravioli as a main dish.........definitely not home made pasta. Server acknowledged that the pasta is not made fresh here. I would equate this dish to buying the ravioli in the supermarket and cooking it at home.

Hubby had speck with ziti and gorgonzola ...........he described it as just OK.
While the food was certainly not bad, I would not return as there are better choices very close by!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

When I asked the waiter if the lobster ravioli were made in house, he admitted right away that all the pasta was bought in. There is not much point in eating supermarket pasta in a restaurant right? So I chose a simple option: penne in gorgonzola. Gorgonzola is a strong creamy blue cheese of northern Italy and I can assure you that there was not a hint of gorgonzola or dolcelatte (a milder similar cheese) in the otherwise passable creamy white sauce which covered the pasta. My friends had veal with penne in a tomato sauce, lasagna, a warm toasted sandwich and tortelloni style pasta in a sage based sauce which they enjoyed. I would not be surprised if the whole lot came out of a packet. Avoid.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Loved the food - we shared chicken parm. with penne pasta (yes the portion was large enough to share). We also shared the chocolate beignet desert. We had wine with dinner and coffee with dessert -- no, we did not share the coffee and wine! The dessert and coffee were very good.There were a total of three customers while we were there (it was a Thursday night). Service was excellent.

The music playing sounded like disco, techno and when I asked about changing the music, we got Yanni-type music (like a sound track for a movie). There was a small television above kitchen entry door, showing a "retro" channel - no close-captioning - couldn't figure out what that was about. The lighting glared - perhaps a lower voltage bulb would work?