“very Italian food with good test and presentation”

luigi's coal oven pizza
Ranked #49 of 1,324 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Very recently opened. Neapolitan style pizza.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“very Italian food with good test and presentation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Luigi is the real & royal Naples man whit musical culture (s. Cecilia conservatory) and capacity to make food and pleasure like in one Rossini miusic and sing by Pavarotti

• Visited November 2013

• Serbian first
Wisconsin
“Enjoyed the pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The pizza was pricey but very good. The day we were there the people behind us were taking pictures of the pizzas. Evidentally, they owned a pizza place in Italy. The place is worth checking out.

• Visited November 2013
Hillsboro Beach, Florida
“Best Pizza in Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

In my opinion, the best Pizza in Fort Lauderdale. Crispy crust, a great chili oil dipping sauce, very friendly staff that is always welcoming and a reasonable price, especially given its location on Las Olas. The complementary house-made lemoncello at the conclusion of the meal is always a nice bonus. Order a large and take the extra slices home, you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“Delicious Pizza and Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The place is just amazing, the setting, the service, the food. Everything is just perfect, I strongly recommend going there if you are in Fort Lauderdale.

The staff were very friendly and the food was really delicious, the large pizza is enough for three people

Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just awful. Stay away. Mediocre food but awful service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stay away!!!! First off the Pizza is ok but very salty. But the service is worse than awful. It is down right rude from not only Luigi but also from his so called manager Lisa as well as Some but not all of the wait staff. Some are terrific.

First off I am a local who eats there at least once a week with my family. That means that we spend about 7500 per year there. Yet they make a mistake and continue to berate you by having 3 different people continue to argue with you in 4 different phone calls. They somehow think that the customer answers to them. Have they ever heard the expression. The customer is always right. Apparently not at Luigis.

We ordered 10 large pizzas to go. For a birthday party for my son. Ordering was difficult and they wanted me to use a third party company to order and deliver it. I said that I would pick up. They said they needed to call me before because they wanted to wait until they were ready. No call came as did the party. I then called to complain. They then told me that they copied down my phone number wrong. Which is strange because they called me back to confirm the order. I offered a solution. Either refund me the charge or give me 10 new pies next Saturday and I would donate them to the homeless shelter. I hoped they hose the latter as this was not about money but rather a matter of principal. Not only did they refuse both but called me back with the ,all of a sudden, correct phone number and argued with me 4 separate times. Luigi himself was the second call but could not commit to a solution and had his manager call who was even worse. 3 out of the 4 calls ended with them hanging up on me while I stayed calm. They were going crazy. All over 10 pizzas that were never delivered to me.

They not only lost a customer but they lost a fan. I hope this review helps others stay away and avoid being treated so poorly. Honestly there are pizza places on every street. Many of which are as good or better. I am a NYer and I know my pizza. I liked it there because it is a block from my home and I felt comfortable there. Now they are just another place who doesn't care about their customers. I know I am just one customer but what about 2 or 10 or 100. When should they care enough to do the right thing? Maybe they need to lose more so I hope this review helps make them realize what is really important.

On a final note (adding this after I saw a review from Jason N who said stay away on Sunday nights as the bartender is rude). My first call was answered by a bartender tonight who argued and argued until she hung up on me. Tonight is a Sunday night. Coincidence? I don't think so.

• Visited October 2013