“Good location, my own little apartment in FLL”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The best part is that these are suites, so you have a full kitchen. For me this is great, I save on meals. It has good views, is clean, not loud, good crowd.
Unfortunately parking is overpriced.
And they should stop charging for Internet .... is like charging for having water in the toilet, come on !!! is 2011 not 1996 !!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank GRojas
Write a ReviewReviews (2,861)

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Love this place! I've stayed here 5 times for a week at a time. Just beware that none of the rooms have bathtubs. Also ask for a room with a full balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper level floor, drawbridge is noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank barfiemermaid
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel in March and could not believe the
Valet parking situation. I have written to the Doubletree, but to date, no one has answered me. In addition, I also requested the address for Corporate Headquarters and that was also ignored. Normally we park our own car, but this time we thought we'd live it up.....
ohh...what a mistake. Due to the incompetence of the staff we almost missed the wedding that we had driven to attend. The first night we called 1/2 hr ahead of time to get our car and still waited an additional 1/2 hr outside. We overheard a conversation between the valet staff that one of the cars was dead. When my husband inquired it was our car, and it was not dead. No one had said a word after we had asked about it twice. Turns out the valet was using the wrong key! All dressed up we sprinted like maniacs across the property and made it to the wedding with 2 minutes to spare. When we talked to the front desk they were not very apologetic and made us pay the entire amount which was $25. The next morning it was another half hour to get the car. I will say that the rooms are lovely......but we will never stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Curlygal001
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Gallery ONE this past weekend and cannot say enough about the staff. They were very friendly at all times, accomodating and welcoming. Every time we called down for our car, they had it ready before we made it downin the elevator. The front desk staff was always willing to help with what ever we needed. The room was very nice and we enjoyed our balcony overlooking the intercoastal waterway. The only negative I would say was that there was a loud party directly above our heads Saturday night. Since we had an early flight the next morning, we called down to the front desk. He told me he would send the manager up. It took a little while but they finally quieted down so we could get back to sleep. For the price we paid, it was worth every penny. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that they charge $24/day for parking
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank marylandtraveler065
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The hotel was very clean and everyone friendly. We upgraded to a balcony which was nice although our view mostly consisted of a drawbridge. Close to your standard chain restaurants and a mall. The beach is only a few blocks away. Overall, it was a great place to stay before a cruise. They also offer a shuttle to Port Everglades for a flat fee. I believe it was $25. There was no wait and we got to the Port in about 15 minutes.

2  Thank MrFrump
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I stayed at the Double Tree last year for labor day and decided to give them another try.
I should say it was a completely different aura than my last stay.
The staff was excellent! Marissa checked us in. She was extremely cheerful, approachable and intuitive to our every need.
We ordered room service. The meal arrived hot, in a timely manner and of course delicious.
I would definitely recommend Double Tree to friends and family!

PS- Love the cookies!

2  Thank Meshalla
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during our vacation. We weren't entirely sure what to expect, but the hotel was a pleasant surprise.

When we checked in, the manager overheard us talking about celebrating our anniversary and upgraded our room to a corner king suite with beach views. She then sent up a bottle of wine compliments of the hotel, and gave us a late checkout. Overall, the entire staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Hotel was really close to beach (8 minute walk), restaurants, and AMAZING sandwich shop: Monster Subs. Monster Subs is the bees, you should eat about it. Owner is an old school Italian guy and he won't let you pay until after you eat in case you don't like it. It's about a 10 minute walk the opposite direction from the beach.

Pool was nice- right on the canal. Also had a cool sandy sofa lounge area on the canal.

I felt the bed was nothing special, but my boyfriend liked it.

Breakfast buffet sucked and was way overpriced, but we were feeling lazy and hungover.

Room Tip: We used hotwire- it worked out really well.
2  Thank SandwichEnthusiast