“I had an amazing time here!”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #41 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I absolutely LOVED this hotel. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and went above and beyond to be helpful. For example, one of the front desk clerks spent about 15 minutes doing research to try to find out what kind of horrific arachnid scared the bejeezus out of me while I was in a park (turned out to be a banana spider. Or, more accurately, LOTS of banana spiders. But that's a different story).

The hotel was clean, the amenities were great (business center, lovely pool, fitness area) and you can't beat being right on the water taxi route. I stayed for nearly a week, and about four or five nights into my visit I got a call from the front desk informing me that noisy construction was going to be started on a nearby bridge, and offering me a different room. I didn't end up moving, as the noise didn't bother me, but it was great customer service on their part.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,902)

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Staying on the beach was cost prohibitive for us; because we have an 18 year daughter and 15 year old son, we needed a minimum of 3 beds and it was tough rooms to find in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami Beach that would accommodate us all. We would have needed 2 rooms. Thanks to Tripadvisor, I read about Gallery ONE--when we arrived, I was amazed at how nice it was inside. Then, at check in, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite! 2 Q's and a bathroom for the kids, a living/dining area and a King plus gorgeous bathroom for us. Only a peekaboo view of the waterway/drawbridge but having the space to spread out was amazing. We had 3 tv's, a full frig, a balcony, etc... Perfect! Parking is $24/day and there is no free breakfast, but we ate at a great local spot one day (the Floridian) and ate in the room the other. The hotel is within 2 blocks of many restaurants and stores and about 1/4 mile from the beach. But the big draw is out the back door--the waterway, the pool/bar/outdoor areas, the water taxi stop and the drawbridge. The weather was unpredictable; we got soaked to the bone when we tried to go to the beach, so we hung out at the hotel and the pool and had a great time. Took the water taxi one night and saw how the wealthy folks live: gigantic mansions and enormous yachts. Gallery ONE is a Doubletree, so there are warm, fresh chocolate chip cookies available for the asking. There is a restaurant, 2 bars and a Starbucks on premises. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. I read that there were some problems with the a/c last spring but it worked great while we were there and the valets were quick. We felt lucky to find this hotel; it might not be as great for a family with really young kids because of all the access to water, but for our family with teens, this was a wonderful hotel.

2  Thank barnhok
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My family and I enjoyed our 3 day stay at Gallery One. The mall next door is very nice with many high end stores and a nice food court. The only negative is that the hotel location is about a 5 minute walk from the beach. However, we were able to make the walk with our 8 year old without any problems. Will definitely revisit this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Great hotel, the staff was very friendly, pool was great, rooms are big with living room and kitchen. The location is great, 0.3 miles from the beach, next to the Galleria Mall. The breakfast was really good. Really good hotel. I highly recommend.

1  Thank DocMiranda
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel from June 24th - 27th with two sons aged 15 and 17. Overall, it was a great stay. They do charge $24 for valet parking but we were aware of that before we arrived. The also charge for internet which I feel should be included. Most other places that we have staying have free internet.

The hotel is very nice with spacious suites. Service was great and the people working there were always friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful with the back of the hotel facing the waterway. It's very relaxing to sit by the pool and watch the boats go by. The water taxi also stops at the hotel.

Locations is great - within walking distances of shopping and restaurants. Next door is the Gallery One and across the street is a European bakery and just down the street there is a Starbucks. There is also a Starbucks counter is the main lobby with limited choices. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the breakfast buffet seemed over-priced. It was around $20 with very limited selection.

We would definiately consider staying here again if we were looking for someting in that area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LovetheSunshine_11
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed here last week and was upgraded to a spacious suites. The valet staff, especially Nick, really knows how to take care of customers. This has become my favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale area.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Had a great stay from 7/1/11 - 7/4. The property is valet only and the charge was $24 + tax a day. The valets were all very polite and curtious. Check-in was a breeze and the cookies were awesome!. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite complete with kitchen (including plates & utensils), dining area, living area (included pull out sofa), bedroom and bathroom. The room also incuded a balcony. The view was great and overlooked the intercoastal along with the beach area in the distance.

During the stay we had only a few issues that were minor for us. On two occassions we had to request extra towels. I attempted to phone the front desk mutiple times within a 10 minute span before I received an answer. The phone just continued to ring. However, once requested, the towels were at our room within a matter of minutes. Another issue was not having an ice machine available. I was notified that there is an ice machine on the 4th floor, however, it was not working when I tried to use it. I was easily able to obtain a full bucket of ice from the restaurant with no issues.

Some other notes that may interest guests, one of the elevators became stuck for some time trapping a few guests. Fire rescue was called and apparently the issue was resolved. I have to commend the staff for jumping into action quickly to make sure the guests were okay and assured that they are working to resolving the issue. Lastly, for the light sleeper, you may want to request a room away from the bridge. Being on the 12th floor, we could still hear traffic, the bridge bell notifying the opening and closing of the bridge, motorcycles, and sirens from the fire trucks and sheriff. You could hear it all very well from the living area but it was more subdued in the bedroom. It caused my family no issues but it may bother others.

We didn't use the dining facilities so I can't comment on them. Great dining, shopping, and the beach were all within a reasonable distance. Overall, I would stay here again.

P.S. Got a deal on the property from a non-bidding website. Less than $100 a night.

5  Thank hdaddy