The hotel has a great location. You can walk to the beach, and later in the day you can walk to the mall to shop or have dinner.
There's even a drug store (CVS) a block away. You can stock your fridge, and benefit from the fully equipped kitchen. It's kind of weird (as others have mentioned) that the dishes are in the dishwasher and you get to put them away. On the other hand, there are dishes and a functioning kitchen. So that makes it OK.
Icky? The cockroach that walked across the kitchen counter. I caught and released him!
Also, the mirrors are streaked. Why is that?
The front desk staff are great. The food is good. The water taxi stops at the edge of the property. There is plenty to recommend this place. If they'd up the cleanliness, it would be a 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale