“Pre Cruise Stay”

Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Seattle area
“Pre Cruise Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on March 29th and 30th before our cruise out of Port Everglades. I was traveling with my husband, 2 daughters (ages 10 and 8) and my parents. We had a 2 bedroom suite which worked out perfectly for us.

We arrived around midnight the first night and check in was uneventful since it was so late. Even though it was late, we still received their homemade cookies! The room was the perfect set up for our family. We basically went right to sleep that night since we were exhausted after a full day of travel to get there. The next morning I got up early to shower. Our shower had a drainage issue and was filling up fast! I had to take a quick shower or water would have overflowed into the bathroom. I called the front desk and a maintenance guy was up there within 5 minutes. He was a cute old guy who fixed the drain immediately and also fixed the shower head that was spraying water erratically. He was pleasant and worked fast so it really was not an inconvenience to us. I was very appreciative of how quickly they fixed the problem.

After getting ready, we went down to the pool so the kids could swim. It wasn't crowded and they had a blast using the pool and the hot tub. We had lunch later in the hotel restaurant and the waitstaff was so friendly and accommodating. Later that afternoon we spoke with the valet guys out front about catching a shuttle to the ship the next morning. They were very helpful and got us arranged for a shuttle the next morning.

I noticed that every employee we interacted with at this hotel was so nice and helpful. It has a homey feel to it and I'd love to go back and visit again. The hotel itself isn't perfect but the staff makes up for it's few flaws and makes it worth staying. I'd rather stay at a place that may not be pristine but the employees are warm and welcoming than stay at a flawless hotel with a cold staff. The people there really did make us feel at home.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are perfect for families or larger groups traveling together
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Julie U

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the GalleryOne hotel for one night while in Ft. Lauderdale before leaving on a cruise. We arrived to check in just after 4pm and were able to go straight to our room, which had been upgraded from a double to a king sized suite. The room was fresh, clean, and really quite large. The kitchen was nicely outfitted with a mini-fridge, stove top, and microwave, which was perfect for making breakfast in the morning. There is a Publix and a CVS across the street from the hotel, which was great for picking up last minute items. In addition, there is a French bakery across the street, which was great for breakfast.

We had drinks at the lobby bar before heading to dinner with some friends – the bar staff was very friendly and the drinks were good.

The hotel is ideally situated close to the beach and only about a 10 minute taxi ride to the cruise port. The staff was friendly, the hotel nice and modern. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tuffy0317
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights before a cruise, it has a very nice location, at the side of a shopping mall, close to beach and on a water taxi stop.
The rooms are very spacious with a kitchen area, dining table, living area and a separate bedroom and bathroom, the balcony had good chairs and table on it and in our case we had a good view of the waterways and of Fort Lauderdale city centre. In relation to the room the only bad point was that it also looked out over the rear yard for the hotel and at times this was noise (a simple canopy near to the loading bay and compactor would have reduced the noise level and also made the area look better.
The bar area was very nice and the prices where reasonable
We only used the restaurant twice on an evening, the food was first class but the service was very slow, on one occasion our starter sat on the server for ten minutes waiting for the waitresses to stop talking before they served it (it was a cold starter, but we did notice some hot meals sitting under the lights for about the same amount of time)

Room Tip: South side rooms have the best views and are quieter but do look out over rear delivery yard
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed here for one night. I arrived at the Hotel around 11:00am. There is no self parking. So I parked by the enterence while I went to check in. The front Desk guy Ryan was not very nice I was paying cash and I was told no it had to be a credit card. So I began to leave and go somewhere else. Until the discovered that I was a Hilton Diamond member then there attitudes changed. I had to wait cause no room was ready. So I went outside and asked a valet if I could get them to store my bags. He was a young little punk who said next time leave your damn keys cause it's blocking traffic. Got to my room around 1:30pm. I called for a taxi and I told them I would be ready in about 30 min. I went to the lobby a few min later I walked outside and told the valet that I was the one that called for a cab I would be in the lobby area if it got there early just let me know. I was talking to the guy at the front desk when all of a sudden the same little young punk from valet came to me and said you said 30 min you needed a cab why are you down here now. I had a few words for him and then he walked away. I complained to management but was told that the valet service is not part of their hotel is contracted out. The next morning I wanted to stay another night, however I was told by Ryan that they were sold out but he would see what he could do. He told me that he spoke with management and they said I could stay but they would have to charge me an addition 100 plus the rate making it 300. I refused to do that. This is by no means a Conrad or Waldorf Astoria. Overall I was not very pleased with the service at this hotel. Although the rooms are nice. Customer service is still a major role. I am someone who does over 300 nights a year with Hilton so I know how a top hotel is suppose to be like. Due to these issues I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel by no means lives up to what you would expect from a Double Tree. I have stayed in some real Double Trees and this one is by no means even close.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Chris G
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Company selected this hotel for meeting. The rooms were nice suites with comfortable bed and very clean. Good location near plenty of dining. Right on the intracoastal, outdoor bar and water taxi are right from patio.

See attached photos of guest room.

Room Tip: Upper floors were quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Very nice rooms in a great location! The staff was very curtious and the warm cookies are a nice touch. Has a small refridgerator but no freezer in the kitchen. Balcony was nice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were here for a business conference. Brought the family along. They enjoyed the short walk to the beach and the nice spot on the canal. Of course the cookies are always a major highlight at the Doubletree! The $24 per day parking is a ripoff but the valets were friendly. Great staff all the way around - even the housekeeping staff were exceptionally friendly!

• Stayed March 2012