We stayed at this hotel on March 29th and 30th before our cruise out of Port Everglades. I was traveling with my husband, 2 daughters (ages 10 and 8) and my parents. We had a 2 bedroom suite which worked out perfectly for us.
We arrived around midnight the first night and check in was uneventful since it was so late. Even though it was late, we still received their homemade cookies! The room was the perfect set up for our family. We basically went right to sleep that night since we were exhausted after a full day of travel to get there. The next morning I got up early to shower. Our shower had a drainage issue and was filling up fast! I had to take a quick shower or water would have overflowed into the bathroom. I called the front desk and a maintenance guy was up there within 5 minutes. He was a cute old guy who fixed the drain immediately and also fixed the shower head that was spraying water erratically. He was pleasant and worked fast so it really was not an inconvenience to us. I was very appreciative of how quickly they fixed the problem.
After getting ready, we went down to the pool so the kids could swim. It wasn't crowded and they had a blast using the pool and the hot tub. We had lunch later in the hotel restaurant and the waitstaff was so friendly and accommodating. Later that afternoon we spoke with the valet guys out front about catching a shuttle to the ship the next morning. They were very helpful and got us arranged for a shuttle the next morning.
I noticed that every employee we interacted with at this hotel was so nice and helpful. It has a homey feel to it and I'd love to go back and visit again. The hotel itself isn't perfect but the staff makes up for it's few flaws and makes it worth staying. I'd rather stay at a place that may not be pristine but the employees are warm and welcoming than stay at a flawless hotel with a cold staff. The people there really did make us feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale