“Loved this hotel”

Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Dublin
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Fantastic hotel, brilliant location. lovely clean modern comfortable bedroom and bathroom. valet parking. pool deck next to water taxi. kictchen/lounge area was comfortbale.less than 5 minutes walk to Macys/mall.would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eire27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Turkish first
Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I had read the mostly positive reviews, but was so pleasantly surprised when I got there. Check in was a breeze, and the clerk was extremely helpful in giving us information on the water taxi, which stops right out the back door of the hotel. I was amazed at the room...two room suite with a kitchen that overlooked the waterway. It was clean and very comfortable. We took advantage of the water taxi, the Galleria Mall next door, and the numerous restaurants nearby. The hotel has a lovely back patio that overlooks the waterway, and even though the bar out there was closed, you could get a drink from the inside bar and take it outdoors. I was too busy sightseeing to try the pool, but there was a nice sand "beach" area out back behind the patio, near the pool, and it looked like it was very popular. Not crowded though.

It is true that you can hear the drawbridge below the hotel rooms when it opens up, because an announcement is made over a loudspeaker whenever it opens. But we did not find this to be a problem at all. We were lucky in that we had a balcony that overlooked the waterway...I do not know what the view would be like for the rooms on the city side.

When we got our bill, we noticed a bar charge that was not ours. We told the front desk, and they promptly pulled the receipt and found that no signature had been obtained with the room number, so they immediately removed the charge. Great customer service.

This was a pre-cruise stay, and even though our next cruise is out of Miami, we are seriously considering staying here because we enjoyed it so much!!

Room Tip: If you can, get a waterview room on a higher floor (to minimize traffic noise).
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TamikoBold
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I loved the Gallery One Doubletree. It was a huge hotel room with plenty of space to hang out in. They had a nicely heated pool that was clean. You are very close walking distance to the beautiful beach, and within walking distance of some really nice restruaunts and a cute Martini bar. It was about a $15 cab ride downtown where all the big bars and awesome clubs are. The service could have been nicer at the restruaunt/ starbucks area, but over all, me an my two friends had a fantastic time. I would definitly go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hi all
i recently stopped here booked by royal Caribbean cruises - the hotel was average, rooms a bit tatty. and wasn't VERY clean - i wouldn't stay here again

however the bad service came when i had 3 authorisations to my card all for around 50 to 60 dollars - i called the hotel from the uk, to be told accounts will call you back, still 1 week later no call.

i phoned them again and again accounts will call me back

i finally got this escalated through my bank and the funds returned - however if you have any dealings with this hotel KEEP ALL CARD DOCUMENTS/RECEIPTS AS YOU WILL NEED THEM AGAIN - BEWARNED

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank UkGroup
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I stayed her for two nights before our cruise. We loved the room, the location. The only issue we had was no free wifi in the room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I read some of the great reviews before I booked, so I thought I would return the favor.

We stayed in room 402, which is a handicap accessible room. I I like to be near the elevator, since I have some trouble with my knee. The room has a nice open layout with a separate King size bedroom. It has a nice water view of the intracostal. The kitchen was nicely outfitted with a mini-fridge, stove top, and microwave, which was perfect for breakfast and snacks (this saves a bundle if you have kids).

The hotel is ideally situated and close the Beach and there is a Publix, CVS and a nice mall all right there. We used the water taxi right outside to take us to the beach, which was great.

The hotel is only about a 10 minute taxi ride to the cruise port. The staff was friendly, the hotel nice and modern.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap accessible room. They are close to the elevator and have a great water view, but...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tercex11
Seattle area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on March 29th and 30th before our cruise out of Port Everglades. I was traveling with my husband, 2 daughters (ages 10 and 8) and my parents. We had a 2 bedroom suite which worked out perfectly for us.

We arrived around midnight the first night and check in was uneventful since it was so late. Even though it was late, we still received their homemade cookies! The room was the perfect set up for our family. We basically went right to sleep that night since we were exhausted after a full day of travel to get there. The next morning I got up early to shower. Our shower had a drainage issue and was filling up fast! I had to take a quick shower or water would have overflowed into the bathroom. I called the front desk and a maintenance guy was up there within 5 minutes. He was a cute old guy who fixed the drain immediately and also fixed the shower head that was spraying water erratically. He was pleasant and worked fast so it really was not an inconvenience to us. I was very appreciative of how quickly they fixed the problem.

After getting ready, we went down to the pool so the kids could swim. It wasn't crowded and they had a blast using the pool and the hot tub. We had lunch later in the hotel restaurant and the waitstaff was so friendly and accommodating. Later that afternoon we spoke with the valet guys out front about catching a shuttle to the ship the next morning. They were very helpful and got us arranged for a shuttle the next morning.

I noticed that every employee we interacted with at this hotel was so nice and helpful. It has a homey feel to it and I'd love to go back and visit again. The hotel itself isn't perfect but the staff makes up for it's few flaws and makes it worth staying. I'd rather stay at a place that may not be pristine but the employees are warm and welcoming than stay at a flawless hotel with a cold staff. The people there really did make us feel at home.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are perfect for families or larger groups traveling together
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family