We stayed at Gallery One at the beginning of April 2012, after a cruise from Fort Lauderdale.
It was a perfect place for our needs. There were 4 of us and the room was large with 2 seperate bedrooms, a kitchen area with full fridge and dishwasher, tea and coffee and hob and microwave. Both bedrooms had en suite bathrooms and it was very clean and well maintained.
Right next door to the Galleria shopping Mall, we were able to do our last minute shopping and there were restaurants right on our doorstep (although very pricey)
The hotel restaurant had a good selection of dishes and also a special offer of 2 courses for 2 people at a low price ($40 I believe). Breakfast was a la carte or buffet, which we opted for and it was fine - although not as extensive as other hotels we've stayed at and probably on the more expensive side.
We used room service on our arrival which was swift and very good.
The location is 2 blocks from the beach and there are an array of restaurants and bars which are very reasonable. We went to the beach on Easter Sunday and it was buzzing.
There is a water taxi stop at the hotel dock and we used it to get to Las Olas and back and hopped on and off in between - the ticket are valid for the whole day; its pretty expensive though - $80 for the 4 of us.
The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Don't forget to get your Doubletree cookies at Reception !!!
The pool area is nice and clean and there were towels available. My son wanted a swim a bit later in the afternoon and there were none left and so a member of staff went off to get some fresh ones. He returned about 20 minutes later (just as our son was getting out of the pool) and was very apologetic for the delay - he'd had to wait for the towels to finish in the washing machine and then waited whilst it was in the dryer ! The pool itself is very heavily chlorinated which gave way to sore eyes.
All in all, it was a perfect end to our trip and a definate recommendation from us!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale