Stayed & enjoyed 2 nights here. Staff friendly, rooms big (Suites), but tired and need some parts refurbished which the manager told me is happening in early 2013. Comfy beds, safe, no free wifi but a cookie on arrival to try and make up. Hotel is by very noisy road bridge so try to get room away from this.
Shopping mall is 5 mins walk with many shops (incl Macy's) and some restaurants and food hall. 15 mins walk to the beach and non exciting restaurants. 30+ mins to main shops and more restaurants, but these can be reached by boat from back of hotel for $20 pp ($10 after 17:00). Boat seems expensive but takes 45 mins and includes commentary as you pass many huge and fantastic private houses and boats. Otherwise catch the bus for a $ or less!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale