GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$157
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
US$388
US$335
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Royal Beach Palace(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$100
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$111
US$105
RodewayInn
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
US$218
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
US$140
US$144
US$140
Travelocity
2,963 results
All reviewsgalleria mallwater taxidouble treewater viewblue martiniwarm cookiesvalet parkingsuite hotelliving roomcity viewintercoastal waterwaysunrise blvdshort walk to the beachacross the streetsmall kitchenvalet servicebusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stayed at the GalleryOne Hilton for 4 days this February and what a disappointing experience. The woman who checked us in was very unwelcoming. Most of the time there was only one person at the front desk. One over-worked woman did her best to be helpful but I had to wait for 30 minutes before I could finally get face time. 80 percent of the time that I past the desk, there was a line up and most of the time, there was only one staff available.

Our room was average: bed and duvet were fine but the pillows were uncomfortable; the sofa was was uncomfortable and the dining room chairs were too deep for anyone shorter than 6'. Our room was right above the patio area so there was a lot of noise late into the night. A lot of noise could also be heard from the hallway. And in this day of inexpensive Internet service, I don't understand why this hotel charges for it--and then provides slow connectivity. Having valet only parking is an added expense minus the value add. For two of the four days, we had to wait for at least 15 minutes to get our car. It was nice to have the kitchen with half-fridge but that amenity doesn't make up for the deficiencies of the hotel--especially considering the cost.

I would not stay here again.

1  Thank Jel l
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are obviously concerned that you ranked us a 2 Star. I would like implore you as I would wish from all of our guests the importance of conveying your concerns prior to your departure. It allows us the ability to correct any deficiencies and exceed your expectations. With regards to Valet, we are fortunate enough to have one of the lowest priced hotel valet parking options in the area however a 15 minute wait is certainly not the norm and I can assure you that it is by no means our standard. I will review your feedback with our Valet Manager. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Great location - 5 minute walk to beach oover a causeway. Views are spectacular. Staff and service A+++++ Restaurants within a 5 minutes great cuisines . Rooms- cleanliness awesome - 2 room suites have amazing space - kitchen included.

General Manager - excellent customer service. Highly recommend adding breakfast buffet to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JOJO816
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites. I do agree that our location is absolutely perfect. Everything you need is right at our doorstep. We strive to provide exceptional guest experiences and help create wonderful memories; glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We vacation in central Florida during Winter months and have been coming to the Gallery One for a week every year for 7 or 8 years to enjoy the ocean. As seniors, we also enjoy the hotel for its lovely suites, balcony, beautiful pool area and mainly and most importantly, its cleanliness. We are so very pleased with the housekeeping. Not only is everything nice and clean but the staff is so efficient and friendly. Karesha, housekeeping supervisor, is great. Thanks, Karesha

Orval & Constance Brown

5  Thank Constance B

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. Our entire team is dedicated to delivering the best experience possible to each and every one of our guests. I will make sure that Karesha hears about what you had to say about her. It will only broaden the smile she wears proudly every day.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We just completed our second stay at this lovely hotel and again, we were very pleased. After reading a few previous bad reviews, I was concerned. How could this hotel have gone down so much in a year's time? I decided to see for myself and honestly, I can't find anything to complain about. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful and the room was wonderful. We did get a Hilton Honors upgrade to a suite with a view of the Intercoastal Waterway which was quite nice. The water taxi stops here and it is an enjoyable ride. The suites are quite spacious and include a living room, small kitchen area, large bathroom and a separate bedroom with a comfortable mattress. Let's not forget this is a Doubletree so the chocolate chip cookies are always available and they are terrific. The restaurant has a water view and the breakfast we had was very good. All in all, this is a really nice hotel. What more could you want?

2  Thank GenieMac1

I could not let your review go by without taking the time to thank you for the wonderful comments you made of the GALLERYone Doubletree Suites by Hilton. We strive to provide exceptional guest experiences and I am glad to hear that you wanted to “see for yourself” Your review will have a positive effect on our guests who rely on Trip Advisor as their benchmark for hotel choice. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I am a Gold VIP of HHonors (Hilton's frequent traveler program) so I have stayed in many Hilton family hotels, which DoubleTree is a member.

Being in this location, I expected a beautiful location, top-notch hotel with typical DoubleTree amenities.

Front Desk Staff:

Good: Very friendly, helpful, efficient, and did their job well. I was just coming off a red-eye and they were able to move me in a room earlier so I could catch a nap.

Rooms:

Good: Our first room was nice but the view was the parking lot. So we got upgraded to a two room suite on the top floor. Clean. Nice balcony. Beautiful views of inter coastal waterway, city of Fort Lauderdale at night, and could see the ocean as well. Water flow would have been better in the showers. Did come with a nice, small kitchen.

Not so Good: If you want darkness in your room for sleeping in it is hard because they overhead windows can't be covered. Oddly, the tissue dispensers had a couple tissues beautifully arranged at the top, but there was nothing below. Maybe they are trying to save some money? Half of the lamps were unplugged. I asked the front desk and they said, "Maybe housekeeping unplugged them during cleaning." I suggested maybe they should replug them into the walls.
Pool staff: What pool staff? We had to ask then wait over 2 hours to get towels on day. I asked for some from restaurant desk, bartender, and front desk. They actually told me with an apologetic smile , "Sorry, they have to clean more and it's taking them time to do it." There were no more than 15 people in the pool area. I suggested it was time to buy more towels. There were more than a few customer unhappy with this situation. Note, if you think you hear thunder. It's just someone opening the balcony door. I have had better beds in other Hilton family hotels including Hampton Inns.

Location:
Good: It was right on the intercostal and the water taxi makes frequent stops. Buy your ticket in the DoubleTree for a little discount. The beach is only 3 blocks away. If you like to shop, there is a big mall a block away. There is also a Publix grocery and CVS shop a block away.

Valet:
Not so good:
Not so friendly and seemed unorganized when busy. When we left our luggage and some bags to store after we checked out. There were no smiles to be seen and seemed annoyed we were leaving bags. There is no reason there isn't self parking. They have a huge parking structure.

Restaurant:

Good: Nice friendly staff. Breakfast buffet was included with my HHonors but maybe not worth it if I had to pay. Omelets were to order and tasted good.

Not so good: Took a while to get bill and then get it back.

Overall, it was a nice stay but expect a little more from a DoubleTree that charges 350 a room.

Room Tip: Get a higher room for the view. South side is better as well.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, As a loyal Hilton Gold HHonors member, we are obviously concerned you ranked your experience as a 3 star. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the friendliness of our team members from the front desk to the restaurant along with all the amenities and great location our hotel has to offer. To address your observations on your suite , there were a few housekeeping oversights and do not commensurate with our attention to detail in each and every suite and have been addressed. I am very surprised about Valet as people generally rave about our service. It is the first and last impression our guests have of our hotel so I will review your concerns with them accordingly. We do hope that your will give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service, food and the warm hospitality we are known for.