“Friendly staff but hotel needs updating”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Buffalo, New York
“Friendly staff but hotel needs updating”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 for four nights. The hotel is conveniently situated on the intercoastal waterway on a water taxi stop and is a few blocks from the beach. There is also a large mall next door as well as a grocery and drug store across the street. While the staff was very friendly, the guest rooms are in need of updating. The suite we stayed in was very spacious, however the chairs in the dining area were all peeling and looked shabby and the couch was extremely worn down. The patio had some sad furniture and our patio also had several old cigarette butts scattered throughout. Aside from the space given in the room, I did not feel that it was worth the $169/night rate. Additionally, if you are bringing a car, they charge a mandatory $25/day valet fee (there is no lot available to park your own car...however there were a few vacant other lots right next to the hotel that were chained off). The lobby and patio area were all very nice and the outdoor bar was a nice place to relax. We didn't end up using the pool but feedback from others is that the pool was kept very warm, so that did not leave us with much desire to use the pool. As I said before, the staff was all very friendly. I can't say I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Guest room renovations are in full swing, with dining chairs already installed, we’re almost finished with new carpet and the sofa beds are being installed as we speak. I will mention the condition of the balcony to our housekeeping team. Parking is very limited in the area so we offer valet parking at a competitive rate. I’m glad you enjoyed the location, our lobby & patio area, and also the pool bar. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations of our hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Every time I stay at Gallery One Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale there is always something that catches my attention. The staff are always friendly, and the valet attendants make me feel like a VIP. They are so courteous and I never have to wait for my car as a call from my room is all that is required. Service like this is hard to find.

The Hotel is having a make over and the new room furnishings are going to make Gallery One the Number One Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am already looking forward to my next stay at this excellently situated hotel. Everything is within a few minutes walk, beaches, restaurants, mall, shops - even Publix. I can think of no better location in Ft. Lauderdale.

It was good to see that the excellent services of Ryann Love have been recognised with his promotion to Front Office Manager.

Room Tip: Corner two room suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stewart1234567
Wow! I couldn’t help but smile when I read your review. Thank you so much for rating the GALLERYone a “5”! Thank you for recognizing our valet attendants and Ryann Love. I will share all of your wonderful comments with our team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Fort Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I arrived on a Friday, with my confirmation #, only to be told my room was cancelled. I never cancelled the room but was told there was none available. Checked back in Saturday night. After walking to my water view room, my daughter went into the bathroom and screamed. My 7 year old daughter was petrified. After calming her down I looked up to see the sprinkler system leaking. After telling the front desk,there was no incident report filed, and they moved my family to a new room. This room had no water view. It seems to me that no one was real concerned for my daughter. I will not be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had while at our hotel. It should be noted that we have a state of the art fire suppression system and that a leak anywhere in the sprinkler system would cause an immediate hotel-wide activation of our entire life safety system. The safety of our guests is paramount. I apologize that an incident report was not filed and I have contacted you through your Trip Advisor account to speak with you about this situation.

miami, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great overall service but chair in room for dinning was old and teary need to be changed. I loved the welcoming i received from all hotel staff. The hotel was very tidy. Housekeepers was very nice and respectful. Also valet drivers offered valuable help every chance they got. This is not my last time coming to this hotel i will return again. I stayed at Peabody Hotel in Orlando which is a 5 star hotel and i can truly say that i got the same overall experience at my stay as if i was staying at the Peabody hotel. Great Job Guys. You have my recommendation

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Fabiola M
Thank you for your review. You’ll be happy to hear that all of our dining chairs have been replaced, and we’re in full swing with carpets and sofa beds. I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed the overall service of our team members at the hotel. I will be sure to let them all know of your nice comments. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Roseland, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Nice location, close to the beach, nice outside bar area. Rooms were nice but I had a 2br suite, in 1 bathroom there were water spots on ceiling where there must have been a leak and wall tiles in shower were loose. In the smaller bedroom the AC leaked which caused the rug to Be soaked and room smelled like mildew. Called maintenance 3 times before problem was fixed. Other than that the breakfast was good and staff friendly and helpful. Nice little fitness center. Close to publix, beach, Starbucks, mall, and lots of places to eat.
If you rent a car beware there is a mandatory valet and the charge is a $25 charge per night. I feel it is a nice hotel but not worth the money I spent.

Room Tip: Do not take 2br suite 434. Ac issue and loose shower tiles
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your candid feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our location, the breakfast, and the fitness center. I apologize that we didn’t provide the quality of amenities (AC leak and loose shower tiles) and service you deserved during your recent stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree. The maintenance staff has been made aware of this so we can prevent this from happening in the future. We hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

N IRELAND
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed 4 nights per-cruise it was great : shopping close by a short walk to the beach

Our suite was beautiful ,really very friendly staff

Great breakfast : best oatmeal ever , fruit ,smoked salmon fruit etc all very high quality produce

I would definitely stay here again if we cruise from Fort Lauderdale

2 Thank NIrelandGlobetrotter
Thank you for the great review! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the GALLERYone. We definitely look forward to having you back.

basom, new york
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Due to the concert going on the weekend we needed to be in Ft Lauderdale, we had concerns on where to stay, when we were able to secure this hotel we were greatly pleased. It was away from all the activity of the concert, but close to shopping and restaurants. Reading previous reviews, I was quite frankly concerned about conditions of these rooms, and getting a room facing the road with the drawbridge. Arriving early morning, we were assigned a ready room on the, uh-- third floor, of course facing the road and the drawbridge. It was early and only staying one night, I wear earplugs anyway, bit the bullet. I had called the property a few weeks earlier requesting a room on a higher floor in a nice quiet area, but I guess I had to adjust due to the early hour of our arrival. The suite was fine, but with the mentioned wear on the chairs, the outside of the patio door could be cleaned better, but its outside. Listening to the bells alerting to the bridge going up was kind of interesting, traffic didn't bother us. Having a laundry facility on this floor would be great if you are staying for a longer time. We had a concern about getting transportation to the port, we read that it took a long time for a cab to be summoned. We checked out and went to the valet to summon a cab, and asked if we would be interested in the car service. I was glad we did, getting into the pier took some kind of driving. It was worth it. The warm cookie upon checking in did not hurt the experience either. The only downfalls we encountered were that the pool chairs were occupied or covered with towels, but no one was around, and the outside bar wasn't open. If we get the opportunity to visit Ft Lauderdale again, we would consider this property.

4 Thank tailoftwokitties
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our delicious chocolate chip cookie is our signature trademark. VIP Limo is an excellent car service that we like to offer to our guests, I am glad you agree. We look forward to welcoming you back!