“leaking ceiling=daughter falling down”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I arrived on a Friday, with my confirmation #, only to be told my room was cancelled. I never cancelled the room but was told there was none available. Checked back in Saturday night. After walking to my water view room, my daughter went into the bathroom and screamed. My 7 year old daughter was petrified. After calming her down I looked up to see the sprinkler system leaking. After telling the front desk,there was no incident report filed, and they moved my family to a new room. This room had no water view. It seems to me that no one was real concerned for my daughter. I will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had while at our hotel. It should be noted that we have a state of the art fire suppression system and that a leak anywhere in the sprinkler system would cause an immediate hotel-wide activation of our entire life safety system. The safety of our guests is paramount. I apologize that an incident report was not filed and I have contacted you through your Trip Advisor account to speak with you about this situation.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,861)

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great overall service but chair in room for dinning was old and teary need to be changed. I loved the welcoming i received from all hotel staff. The hotel was very tidy. Housekeepers was very nice and respectful. Also valet drivers offered valuable help every chance they got. This is not my last time coming to this hotel i will return again. I stayed at Peabody Hotel in Orlando which is a 5 star hotel and i can truly say that i got the same overall experience at my stay as if i was staying at the Peabody hotel. Great Job Guys. You have my recommendation

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fabiola M
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your review. You’ll be happy to hear that all of our dining chairs have been replaced, and we’re in full swing with carpets and sofa beds. I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed the overall service of our team members at the hotel. I will be sure to let them all know of your nice comments. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Nice location, close to the beach, nice outside bar area. Rooms were nice but I had a 2br suite, in 1 bathroom there were water spots on ceiling where there must have been a leak and wall tiles in shower were loose. In the smaller bedroom the AC leaked which caused the rug to Be soaked and room smelled like mildew. Called maintenance 3 times before problem was fixed. Other than that the breakfast was good and staff friendly and helpful. Nice little fitness center. Close to publix, beach, Starbucks, mall, and lots of places to eat.
If you rent a car beware there is a mandatory valet and the charge is a $25 charge per night. I feel it is a nice hotel but not worth the money I spent.

Room Tip: Do not take 2br suite 434. Ac issue and loose shower tiles
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our location, the breakfast, and the fitness center. I apologize that we didn’t provide the quality of amenities (AC leak and loose shower tiles) and service you deserved during your recent stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree. The maintenance staff has been made aware of this so we can prevent this from happening in the future. We hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed 4 nights per-cruise it was great : shopping close by a short walk to the beach

Our suite was beautiful ,really very friendly staff

Great breakfast : best oatmeal ever , fruit ,smoked salmon fruit etc all very high quality produce

I would definitely stay here again if we cruise from Fort Lauderdale

2  Thank NIrelandGlobetrotter

Thank you for the great review! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the GALLERYone. We definitely look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Due to the concert going on the weekend we needed to be in Ft Lauderdale, we had concerns on where to stay, when we were able to secure this hotel we were greatly pleased. It was away from all the activity of the concert, but close to shopping and restaurants. Reading previous reviews, I was quite frankly concerned about conditions of these rooms, and getting a room facing the road with the drawbridge. Arriving early morning, we were assigned a ready room on the, uh-- third floor, of course facing the road and the drawbridge. It was early and only staying one night, I wear earplugs anyway, bit the bullet. I had called the property a few weeks earlier requesting a room on a higher floor in a nice quiet area, but I guess I had to adjust due to the early hour of our arrival. The suite was fine, but with the mentioned wear on the chairs, the outside of the patio door could be cleaned better, but its outside. Listening to the bells alerting to the bridge going up was kind of interesting, traffic didn't bother us. Having a laundry facility on this floor would be great if you are staying for a longer time. We had a concern about getting transportation to the port, we read that it took a long time for a cab to be summoned. We checked out and went to the valet to summon a cab, and asked if we would be interested in the car service. I was glad we did, getting into the pier took some kind of driving. It was worth it. The warm cookie upon checking in did not hurt the experience either. The only downfalls we encountered were that the pool chairs were occupied or covered with towels, but no one was around, and the outside bar wasn't open. If we get the opportunity to visit Ft Lauderdale again, we would consider this property.

4  Thank tailoftwokitties
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our delicious chocolate chip cookie is our signature trademark. VIP Limo is an excellent car service that we like to offer to our guests, I am glad you agree. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Furnishing need some help. Great location. Desk staff friendly. The guys parking cars, arranging transportation...jerks. We stay here because of proximity to water taxis...which gets more and more expensive everytime we're here. (Our 4th stay here.) Over the 4 or 5 years we've come and stayed here the quality and value have declined.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your feedback. We’re excited that all of our dining room chairs have been replaced and we are nearly complete with new carpet and sofa beds in all guest rooms. We’re sure you’ll love the new look. I’m happy to hear you enjoy the location of our hotel and the water taxi. We look forward to seeing you again so you can see all we have done.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was charged with organizing a hotel stay for a group of about 30 guys chartering sailboats from a nearby marina. It was the first time I had ever done something like this, and the woman I worked with at the hotel, Jean-Marie George, was incredibly helpful. She was quick to respond to emails or calls, patient with my dumb questions, and flexible when changes had to be made.

The hotel itself was quite nice, especially for our purposes. Since we needed to buy provisions for our trip, the location was ideal...less than a block from a nice Publix market. The in-room kitchenettes with refrigerators allowed some people to buy many of their groceries the evening before going aboard the boats. There is a nice mall adjacent to the hotel and plenty of restaurant options. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, and (in my room at least) a great shower.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for anyone planning a group event like a charter, cruise departure, etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MrFriday
GALLERYone D, Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for choosing the GALLERYone DoubleTree Fort Lauderdale! We appreciate the opportunity to host your group and, as always, appreciate your business. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Jean-Marie was helpful! We have shared your comments with her and the entire team is excited for her. We hope to host your group again in the future!