“Pre-cruise stay”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #41 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I booked here to be close to the water taxi for sightseeing pre-cruise. Really happy with the hotel. The rooms are nicer than pictured (seem new). Location is great within walking distance to Galleria and several nice restaurants. Be prepared for $25 valet required, but overall very pleased.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank duchess748
Write a ReviewReviews (2,902)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Checked in a told my room was upgraded. Upgraded to a two bedroom unit which doesn't mean much being one person in my party. Had a nice view of the dumpsters which the staff insisted on slamming the doors during the night. So lack of sleep and then got poor service in the restaurant the following morning but thank goodness it was a buffet. I was able to eat my entire meal before ever getting coffee. I have stayed at this hotel many times before and it was not like this. I spoke to the front desk and they didn't seem to even care or offer any solutions.

3  Thank clydegeek
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear clydegeek,

We are so sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned in regards to the noise at night and the service in the restaurant. We try to make each guest experience a great one at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. We truly do care about you and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Kind regards,

Martin Hoellrigl
954-335-4632

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great service with a particular shout out to the valet/bellmen staff. These folks were on the ball, ready to meet my expectations and be helpful. The front desk got busy at times, making it a real challenge to handle all the requests being thrown at them. They should consider having a manager nearby when things get hectic to try to clear some of the minor requests.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I dislike giving poor reviews however I feel that I am providing my fellow business travelers and trip advisors a disservice when I do not report out actual facts.
Let's just say this has been the worst Hilton Doubletree I've stayed in. Room 402 needs a total top off. Dust everywhere, Running toilet, fingerprints on glass tables and bathroom fixtures, walls scuffed, furniture scratched, poor paint job and wall construction, prior guest's belongs left in room, cold food delivered from room service, turkey sausage over cooked, hair on egg whites, dirty curtains! I took a shower and still do not feel clean. I was so tired after a long business day that I didn't even complain I quickly departed the next day.
What happened to quality control? Isn't the housekeeping manager responsible to check each room after it's been cleaned? How about the Hotel Manager or GM? What is their role with auditing room making sure they stand up to the Hilton Brand? I should have stayed at my usual location when in Fr Lauderdale, W on Ocean. They are spot on fabulous however being that I'm a diamond level honors member, I try to stay loyal. Will not stay here again. Beware if you do.

Guest service was great though.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Prettyteeth
GALLERYone D, Executive Housekeeper at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Prettyteeth,

We thank you very much for sharing your perception on Triadvisor.com. We are extremely regretful that the team has not been able to deliver the high standards of service that we have extended to thousands of other travelers.

It is our standard to check each room before allocating guests to any room. We are extremely sorry that you have witnessed a fingerprint on a table surface and that you thought there was dust everywhere. In our meeting with all departmental managers this morning we have not been able to detect a report of a running toilet in this room. I have also just returned from my daily tour where I had a chance to look at the curtains in the room and did not see them being dirty. I was able to notice the mentioned yet slight mismatch in surface paint and this will be rectified immediately. All rooms have been entirely renovated and all furniture has been replaced this year. I further plea for your understanding and acceptance of my apology that I was not able to inspect room number 402 right before your arrival time. We have a total inventory of 231 guest suites and we certainly follow standards of room cleanliness inspection.

Our Executive Chef uses very tight temperature and HACCP guideline controls to ensure every guest receives top level food hygiene standards as well as cooking temperature control on served food. We follow minimum cooking temperature rules for poultry and we are very sorry that you found the turkey sausages to be overcooked. Our food is delivered by using hot plates and hot cloches that are designed to keep food warm for room service purposes. It is a standard that we remove the cloche once the waiter arrives to the suite and to check if everything is in order with the delivered food. We have started to carry out an investigation and so far the involved members of service stated not knowing that you had in fact received a black and very obvious hair on top of your food.

We wish that hotel guests would give us a chance to rectify possible shortcomings during their stay so we always have a chance to turn the overall experience into a positive and truly unforgettable hotel stay.

Again, we thank you for sharing your perception of your stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton here on Trip Advisor and we sincerely hope that you will be able to note a difference should your travel plans allow you to visit us again. Our General Manager would be most delighted to speak with you directly about your stay. If it is not inconvenient for you please call our General Manager, Martin Hoellrigl, at 954-335-4632.

Manuel Lugo
Executive Housekeeper

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Talk about first impressions!!! My husband and I approached the front reception only to be met by Ann Marie, Bruna and another female from the dining room. The immediate reception that I received was almost indignant. I had requested in advance a specific location of a room. With a condescending smile I was told by Ann Marie, without even checking, that the room was not available, nor had they received any special request. I pleaded my case and yet Ann Marie would have nothing to do with it other than shoving 2 cookies across the counter. I would have at least appreciated if Ann Marie could have at least "pretended" to check on the availability!! However she chose not to make any effort whatsoever. Instead, tried again to pass us 2 cookies!! At that point I truly believed that this is a priceline issue when you use them it makes no difference at all if you are a Hilton Honor Member. This was the start of a long awaited and muchly needed cruise. As for our accommodations we entered our designated room only to find one telephone not working, one lamp not working, a broken wine glass put back on the shelf, 2 wet wine glasses in the dishwasher, broken bathroom tiles with mould in the shower stall. If that wasn't enough, trying to go out on the balcony, only to realize that the neighbour one floor up within the corner of the building was standing flicking cigarette ashes that ended up landing on our balcony. This was a very poor experience from the get go and by all means was never expected by Hilton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason this review is even getting a 2 was as the Valet Parking attendants were the only ones that had any idea about customer service!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CruiseWhere
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I feel like I am the most important guest from the time I arrive until I depart. First class accommodations and absolutely first class staff. I travel for business so the convenience of the location matched with the gorgeous views and resort feel make it a great combination.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Ginger S
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel location is excellent. The staff varied, some were very outgoing and attentive and others were short and bordering on rude. Unfortunately for $350 a night finding roaches in my room was disturbing. The weekend I was there was also the boat show so maybe they were just overwhelmed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple