“Our stay at the Gallery 1”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great location , you don't need a car here ! Walking distance to beach,mall and pretty much anything else by water taxi,which picks you up right at the hotel. Rooms clean but need updating . Disappointed in having to pay for wi-fi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank John M
GALLERYone D, Director of Finance at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear John M,

We’re concerned that you rated the GALLERYone a “3”. We're happy to say that all of our guest suites have been renovated. We have replaced the carpet, dining room chairs, headboards, furniture, and decor. We’re very sorry that the internet fee was a concern during your time with us. We do offer complimentary internet in the lobby. I’m glad that you enjoyed our location and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Charles Hitchings
Director of Finance

Write a ReviewReviews (2,879)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We are convinced that GalleryONE is truly a great place to stay. We've had many long-term stays over the last 2 plus years. The front desk staff are friendly, helpful, and as accommodating as possible. We especially appreciate Aasha for her incredible attention to detail. WOW! Deanna too has gone above and beyond to arrange wonderful stays for our crew.

We are grateful for Kanesha's leadersip as housekeeping supervisor. She does an amazing job. Medilia, our housekeeper is a gem!

The suites are spacious. Bedding and towels good. While these units are not new, they are quite lovely and very comfortable. The location is fantastic.

We are thankful for the restaurant onsite. After a long day of work there are healthy, yummy options without leaving the property. Servers Galina and Jackie are just amazing in the morings and Adreanna is one of many great servers for the dinner hour.

While we have so many favorites throughout this friendly staff, Lillian works tirelessly with her heart and soul to keep the lobby and main floor areas clean and beautiful (always with a smile).

The valet service is simply the best. Brian, Edress, Caesar and the entire crew just make our stays extra special.

Room Tip: The upper floors facing east provide a view of the ocean, boat traffic, patio activity, and they are...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Steve P
GALLERYone D, Director of Food & Beverage at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Steve P,

Wow! THANK YOU so much for the great review and for your loyalty to GALLERYone and to the Hilton brand! We're thrilled to be your top choice in Fort Lauderdale. I have shared your comments with the management team and our awesome team members especially Aasha, Deanna, Karesha, Medilia, Galina, Jackie, Andresa, Lillian, Brian, Edriss, and Caesar. They will be so happy to hear that their service is appreciated. We truly look forward to welcoming you back.

Tiffany S. Davis
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I booked here to be close to the water taxi for sightseeing pre-cruise. Really happy with the hotel. The rooms are nicer than pictured (seem new). Location is great within walking distance to Galleria and several nice restaurants. Be prepared for $25 valet required, but overall very pleased.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank duchess748
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Checked in a told my room was upgraded. Upgraded to a two bedroom unit which doesn't mean much being one person in my party. Had a nice view of the dumpsters which the staff insisted on slamming the doors during the night. So lack of sleep and then got poor service in the restaurant the following morning but thank goodness it was a buffet. I was able to eat my entire meal before ever getting coffee. I have stayed at this hotel many times before and it was not like this. I spoke to the front desk and they didn't seem to even care or offer any solutions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank clydegeek
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear clydegeek,

We are so sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned in regards to the noise at night and the service in the restaurant. We try to make each guest experience a great one at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. We truly do care about you and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Kind regards,

Martin Hoellrigl
954-335-4632

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great service with a particular shout out to the valet/bellmen staff. These folks were on the ball, ready to meet my expectations and be helpful. The front desk got busy at times, making it a real challenge to handle all the requests being thrown at them. They should consider having a manager nearby when things get hectic to try to clear some of the minor requests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I dislike giving poor reviews however I feel that I am providing my fellow business travelers and trip advisors a disservice when I do not report out actual facts.
Let's just say this has been the worst Hilton Doubletree I've stayed in. Room 402 needs a total top off. Dust everywhere, Running toilet, fingerprints on glass tables and bathroom fixtures, walls scuffed, furniture scratched, poor paint job and wall construction, prior guest's belongs left in room, cold food delivered from room service, turkey sausage over cooked, hair on egg whites, dirty curtains! I took a shower and still do not feel clean. I was so tired after a long business day that I didn't even complain I quickly departed the next day.
What happened to quality control? Isn't the housekeeping manager responsible to check each room after it's been cleaned? How about the Hotel Manager or GM? What is their role with auditing room making sure they stand up to the Hilton Brand? I should have stayed at my usual location when in Fr Lauderdale, W on Ocean. They are spot on fabulous however being that I'm a diamond level honors member, I try to stay loyal. Will not stay here again. Beware if you do.

Guest service was great though.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Prettyteeth
GALLERYone D, Executive Housekeeper at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Prettyteeth,

We thank you very much for sharing your perception on Triadvisor.com. We are extremely regretful that the team has not been able to deliver the high standards of service that we have extended to thousands of other travelers.

It is our standard to check each room before allocating guests to any room. We are extremely sorry that you have witnessed a fingerprint on a table surface and that you thought there was dust everywhere. In our meeting with all departmental managers this morning we have not been able to detect a report of a running toilet in this room. I have also just returned from my daily tour where I had a chance to look at the curtains in the room and did not see them being dirty. I was able to notice the mentioned yet slight mismatch in surface paint and this will be rectified immediately. All rooms have been entirely renovated and all furniture has been replaced this year. I further plea for your understanding and acceptance of my apology that I was not able to inspect room number 402 right before your arrival time. We have a total inventory of 231 guest suites and we certainly follow standards of room cleanliness inspection.

Our Executive Chef uses very tight temperature and HACCP guideline controls to ensure every guest receives top level food hygiene standards as well as cooking temperature control on served food. We follow minimum cooking temperature rules for poultry and we are very sorry that you found the turkey sausages to be overcooked. Our food is delivered by using hot plates and hot cloches that are designed to keep food warm for room service purposes. It is a standard that we remove the cloche once the waiter arrives to the suite and to check if everything is in order with the delivered food. We have started to carry out an investigation and so far the involved members of service stated not knowing that you had in fact received a black and very obvious hair on top of your food.

We wish that hotel guests would give us a chance to rectify possible shortcomings during their stay so we always have a chance to turn the overall experience into a positive and truly unforgettable hotel stay.

Again, we thank you for sharing your perception of your stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton here on Trip Advisor and we sincerely hope that you will be able to note a difference should your travel plans allow you to visit us again. Our General Manager would be most delighted to speak with you directly about your stay. If it is not inconvenient for you please call our General Manager, Martin Hoellrigl, at 954-335-4632.

Manuel Lugo
Executive Housekeeper

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Talk about first impressions!!! My husband and I approached the front reception only to be met by Ann Marie, Bruna and another female from the dining room. The immediate reception that I received was almost indignant. I had requested in advance a specific location of a room. With a condescending smile I was told by Ann Marie, without even checking, that the room was not available, nor had they received any special request. I pleaded my case and yet Ann Marie would have nothing to do with it other than shoving 2 cookies across the counter. I would have at least appreciated if Ann Marie could have at least "pretended" to check on the availability!! However she chose not to make any effort whatsoever. Instead, tried again to pass us 2 cookies!! At that point I truly believed that this is a priceline issue when you use them it makes no difference at all if you are a Hilton Honor Member. This was the start of a long awaited and muchly needed cruise. As for our accommodations we entered our designated room only to find one telephone not working, one lamp not working, a broken wine glass put back on the shelf, 2 wet wine glasses in the dishwasher, broken bathroom tiles with mould in the shower stall. If that wasn't enough, trying to go out on the balcony, only to realize that the neighbour one floor up within the corner of the building was standing flicking cigarette ashes that ended up landing on our balcony. This was a very poor experience from the get go and by all means was never expected by Hilton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason this review is even getting a 2 was as the Valet Parking attendants were the only ones that had any idea about customer service!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple