“Average Hotel”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #43 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have to say the views from outside of this hotel are spectacular!! I booked this hotel because my granddaughter and friend had a lot of shopping to do before leaving on a cruise. I was under the impression that the hotel was connected to the mall but that was not the case. My concern was for them being on a street by themselves but it is in a safe area and they did manage to do a LOT of shopping in 2 days and make it back to the hotel fine.
During my stay the bedroom lamp did not work. I moved the living room lamp in and left a note for housekeeping but the bedroom lamp or bulb was not changed.
The pool bar closes way too early! People were enjoying their drinks and the beautiful views when last call was given at 6 or 7pm. Because it was a Friday and Saturday and nice out I thought it could have remained open a little later. Bartender was new and spoke broken English. Every time I ordered a Cosmopolitan he had to go get someone to help him!
On the morning we left toilet stopped flushing.
When the bill arrived noticed that I had been charged 2 nights parking even though I had booked a room that included parking. The front desk woman took care of that immediately although when I reported the lamp and toilet issue she did not seem concerned at all. Her comment was "OK"
I don't think I would stay here again. There are many nice hotels to stay at for less money. The value of what I paid for what I received did not seem to match for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GALLERYone D, Front Office Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Paula Q,

We are deeply concerned of your rating of a “3” for the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. It is unfortunate that you were under the impression that our hotel is connected to the Galleria Mall. Fortunately, we are only a few steps away from the mall and it is a safe area. I’m happy that your granddaughter and her friend were able to do a lot of shopping. I truly apologize that the incident with the bedroom lamp and toilet was not resolved in a timely manner. I will address these issues with our Engineering team. In regards to the level of service, we are working hard to make sure that all of our team members are properly trained and we’re sorry that your experience wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We hope that you can give us another opportunity to make a future stay the best it can be.

Kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,901)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Aside from the bed being too soft and the transmitted rumble noise of neighboring sliding doors opening and closing, this is a very nice hotel. Great view and pleasant, helpful staff. Corporate rate + Gold Member Hilton Honors upgrade made this a steal at $89/night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Brett R

Dear Brett R,

Thank you for your review of the GALLERYone. I apologize for the noise that you experienced from the balcony doors. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about this. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your guest suite and the service from our wonderful staff. We love our HHonors members and I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hotel was great and the staff were too! We stayed over night as a birthday gift to my daughter. Her and her little friends really enjoyed the room and especially the pool. I plan to bring my husband back next year for our anniversary

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Sharon M

Dear Sharon M,

Your review made me smile. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. Thank you for the nice review. Please let us know when you’ll be returning for your anniversary! You can contact me directly at ryann.love@hilton.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had a 1nt stay between Cruises at this hotel booked thro Royal Caribbean 6 rooms 12 persons.
Hotel was excellent with everything you needed(malls-restaurants etc) within walking distance.
We arrived at the hotel at 1030am and were able to leave our bags with the valet as our rooms were not available until 3pm, some were ready from 2-30pm.
The hotel is placed perfectly for the Water Taxi which stops at the hotel dock, Mall within 5-10min walk with restaurants there or just over the bridge on the street.

Rooms were perfect small suite type of room with sitting room and bedroom TV in each room, rooms were very clean and comfortable with plenty of space, no Balcony on ours but some of our group had one and they were very pleased with them. Bed was very comfortable and we had a great nts sleep, bathroom was large with shower(Curtain as we had a wheelchair room) others had a screen, we did enquire about a Bath/tub but were informed that only the Penthouse 2 bed suites had these and they were booked, this was dis-appointing as after 2wks cruising with shower only I had looked fwd to a bath, however shower was good so no complaint really.
The kitchen area had a Coffee maker, Hob Unit, Microwave/Grill, Fridge and Dishwasher along with Cups plates and Cutlery for 4.
Check in at 3pm was quick and staff were very pleasant and helpfull and the hot Choc Cookies were very good.

Check out was excellent and with Hotel arranged transport we were at the Pier for Check in by 11am.

Even though there are no baths in the Suites we would stay again as the Hotel is Excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a high Floor overlooking the Waterway for a quiet location, If you need a Bath/Tub they are...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cruiser95
GALLERYone D, Executive Housekeeper at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Cruiser95,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and our guest suites. We apologize that we were unable to assign you to a two-bedroom suite with bathtubs. I can understand how a nice bath would have been nice after cruising for two weeks. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen amenities, the Water Taxi, and that your arrival and departure at the Front Desk was excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back. We’ve got a delicious chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!

Manuel Lugo
Executive Housekeeper

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having stayed in many hotels throughout Lauderdale Beach, Gallery One was by far the most enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant experience I have endured.
Upon my arrival to checking out (which was an extended stay x3) was fantastic! From the valet team to the front desk (Aasha especially whom paid attention to every detail) made my stay that more extra special…………
My accommodation faced the intracoastal, a one bedroom suite (great size, modern,all amenities that one needed), the view was superb, couldn't have asked for anymore:)))
Would highly recommend and myself…….well I shall not be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Aimee M

Dear AJ Mathews,

What a great review! We are beyond thrilled of your wonderful comments. I am so happy to hear that our staff, from Valet to the Front Desk, exceeded your expectations. I will share your nice comments about Aasha with her. She will truly appreciate you mentioning her on Trip Advisor. Please let me know when you will be returning! You can email me directly at ryann.love@hilton.com.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

the hotel is confortable, smart system and cost-effective. I've been impressed by breakfast attendant, specially Ms Helia, from Bahia, Brazil, a real clever strategy od the hotel to brazilian feel "like at home". Congratulations!

Room Tip: The best place are the rooms in front of Sunrise Boulevard because they're protected from hard w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GALLERYone D, Director of Food & Baverage at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Mauricio_Baptista,

Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you “feel at home” here at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. I will share your nice comments with Helia. She is great member of our team! Also, thanks for posting the great pictures.

Tiffany S. Davis
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel 5 years ago, and thought we would have our first 2 night's in Ft Lauderdale there, staff where very friendly they have amazing chocolate chip cookies at reception. The one bed suite was still looking good after our last stay 5 years ago.

Bathroom was modern big walk in shower bed was very comfy, We had a nice view of the water way watching the boats. I felt the reception could do with a bit of a revamp a little boring, after the B Ocean. Great location to the Galleria restaurants shops and beach.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better and a view of the water way is worth it use of the water Taxi.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple