and 1 more site!
GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We had booked 2 nights here after aTransatlantic/ Caribbean cruise. Had never been to Fort Lauderdale and didn't know much about it so I had no idea about whether the hotel was in a good location or not. What a pleasant surprise! It was situated right on the waterway with a water taxi stop right outside. I hadn't really registered that it was a suite hotel so our room was a great surprise after 2 weeks in a cabin. Huge lounge/diner, kitchen, bedroom and large shower room.... Doors from both lounge and bedroom out on to a super size balcony. I loved it. We only ate one night in the hotel and food was excellent of its kind... Not haute cuisine, but delicious. The Galleria Mall was right across the carpark. There was a great selection of shops and restaurants there. Across the road was a Publix supermarket to shop for breakfast/ snack items. Will definitely return to this hotel, God willing!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Trolley24
GALLERYone D, Front Office Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Trolley24,

We can’t thank you enough for your lovely review of the GALLERYone. Whether it is before or after a cruise, the GALLERYone is a great place to relax and unwind. We are delighted that you enjoyed our spacious suites and wonderful location. I’m pleased to hear that you found the food to be excellent at our restaurant and I will share this with our Food & Beverage team. We look forward to seeing you again on your next cruise out of Fort Lauderdale!

Kindest regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Turkish first
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is on the Intracoastal waterway. The water taxi has a stop at the hotel. You can hop on or off this water taxi or just stay on for the ride. You will see beautiful homes and yachts.
The suites are very nice and we always ask for a view of the draw bridge, so my husband can sit on the balcony and watch it operate.
The mall is a short walk from the hotel, and there is a market across from that, which makes it convenient to pick up things you may want for your ktichen, etc.
We were there for 3 days and would like to acknowledge Raisa, who works in the restaurant. She is exactly the kind of person you want to serve you in a restaurant: Pleasant, Helpful, Efficient. Thank you, Raisa!
My only negative would be the menu for dinner. It really is mostly what you think of for lunch.
We will definitely return to the Gallery ONE.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amb5431
GALLERYone D, Director of Food & Beverage at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear amb5431,

Thank you very much for your review of the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. The Water Taxi is a must in Fort Lauderdale and we’re happy you were able to take advantage of the stop at our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging Raisa. She is a wonderful team member and we’re happy that she made your stay more enjoyable. I will share your nice comments with her. Also, thank you for your feedback in regards to the menu. We work continually to improve our menu offerings and your feedback will not go unnoticed. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the GALLERYone.

Tiffany S. Davis
Director of Food & Beverage
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have to say the views from outside of this hotel are spectacular!! I booked this hotel because my granddaughter and friend had a lot of shopping to do before leaving on a cruise. I was under the impression that the hotel was connected to the mall but that was not the case. My concern was for them being on a street by themselves but it is in a safe area and they did manage to do a LOT of shopping in 2 days and make it back to the hotel fine.
During my stay the bedroom lamp did not work. I moved the living room lamp in and left a note for housekeeping but the bedroom lamp or bulb was not changed.
The pool bar closes way too early! People were enjoying their drinks and the beautiful views when last call was given at 6 or 7pm. Because it was a Friday and Saturday and nice out I thought it could have remained open a little later. Bartender was new and spoke broken English. Every time I ordered a Cosmopolitan he had to go get someone to help him!
On the morning we left toilet stopped flushing.
When the bill arrived noticed that I had been charged 2 nights parking even though I had booked a room that included parking. The front desk woman took care of that immediately although when I reported the lamp and toilet issue she did not seem concerned at all. Her comment was "OK"
I don't think I would stay here again. There are many nice hotels to stay at for less money. The value of what I paid for what I received did not seem to match for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Paula Q,

We are deeply concerned of your rating of a “3” for the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. It is unfortunate that you were under the impression that our hotel is connected to the Galleria Mall. Fortunately, we are only a few steps away from the mall and it is a safe area. I’m happy that your granddaughter and her friend were able to do a lot of shopping. I truly apologize that the incident with the bedroom lamp and toilet was not resolved in a timely manner. I will address these issues with our Engineering team. In regards to the level of service, we are working hard to make sure that all of our team members are properly trained and we’re sorry that your experience wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We hope that you can give us another opportunity to make a future stay the best it can be.

Kind regards,

Clermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Aside from the bed being too soft and the transmitted rumble noise of neighboring sliding doors opening and closing, this is a very nice hotel. Great view and pleasant, helpful staff. Corporate rate + Gold Member Hilton Honors upgrade made this a steal at $89/night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Brett R
Dear Brett R,

Thank you for your review of the GALLERYone. I apologize for the noise that you experienced from the balcony doors. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about this. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your guest suite and the service from our wonderful staff. We love our HHonors members and I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade. We hope to see you again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hotel was great and the staff were too! We stayed over night as a birthday gift to my daughter. Her and her little friends really enjoyed the room and especially the pool. I plan to bring my husband back next year for our anniversary

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Sharon M
Dear Sharon M,

Your review made me smile. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. Thank you for the nice review. Please let us know when you’ll be returning for your anniversary! You can contact me directly at ryann.love@hilton.com.

Kind regards,

North of England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had a 1nt stay between Cruises at this hotel booked thro Royal Caribbean 6 rooms 12 persons.
Hotel was excellent with everything you needed(malls-restaurants etc) within walking distance.
We arrived at the hotel at 1030am and were able to leave our bags with the valet as our rooms were not available until 3pm, some were ready from 2-30pm.
The hotel is placed perfectly for the Water Taxi which stops at the hotel dock, Mall within 5-10min walk with restaurants there or just over the bridge on the street.

Rooms were perfect small suite type of room with sitting room and bedroom TV in each room, rooms were very clean and comfortable with plenty of space, no Balcony on ours but some of our group had one and they were very pleased with them. Bed was very comfortable and we had a great nts sleep, bathroom was large with shower(Curtain as we had a wheelchair room) others had a screen, we did enquire about a Bath/tub but were informed that only the Penthouse 2 bed suites had these and they were booked, this was dis-appointing as after 2wks cruising with shower only I had looked fwd to a bath, however shower was good so no complaint really.
The kitchen area had a Coffee maker, Hob Unit, Microwave/Grill, Fridge and Dishwasher along with Cups plates and Cutlery for 4.
Check in at 3pm was quick and staff were very pleasant and helpfull and the hot Choc Cookies were very good.

Check out was excellent and with Hotel arranged transport we were at the Pier for Check in by 11am.

Even though there are no baths in the Suites we would stay again as the Hotel is Excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a high Floor overlooking the Waterway for a quiet location, If you need a Bath/Tub they are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cruiser95
GALLERYone D, Executive Housekeeper at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Cruiser95,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and our guest suites. We apologize that we were unable to assign you to a two-bedroom suite with bathtubs. I can understand how a nice bath would have been nice after cruising for two weeks. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen amenities, the Water Taxi, and that your arrival and departure at the Front Desk was excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back. We’ve got a delicious chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!

Manuel Lugo
Executive Housekeeper
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having stayed in many hotels throughout Lauderdale Beach, Gallery One was by far the most enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant experience I have endured.
Upon my arrival to checking out (which was an extended stay x3) was fantastic! From the valet team to the front desk (Aasha especially whom paid attention to every detail) made my stay that more extra special…………
My accommodation faced the intracoastal, a one bedroom suite (great size, modern,all amenities that one needed), the view was superb, couldn't have asked for anymore:)))
Would highly recommend and myself…….well I shall not be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aimee M
Dear AJ Mathews,

What a great review! We are beyond thrilled of your wonderful comments. I am so happy to hear that our staff, from Valet to the Front Desk, exceeded your expectations. I will share your nice comments about Aasha with her. She will truly appreciate you mentioning her on Trip Advisor. Please let me know when you will be returning! You can email me directly at ryann.love@hilton.com.