We stayed for 10 days at the Gallery One Doubletree in Ft Lauderdale and over all the experience was very good, with just a few minor things that could be improved.
First off the location is outstanding. You are just across the street from the Galleria, one of the best shopping malls in Ft Lauderdale. There are plenty of good restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. The beach is also just a short walk away. It's very easy to get around from here. However the best feature is that the water taxi leaves from right out the back door - this is a fun and very convenient way of getting around Ft Lauderdale. It's great that the hotel is one of the water taxi stops as it's easy to get around from here.
The hotel sits on one of the rivers and the back rooms have a wonderful river view. We did not have a river view room and we looked towards downtown and Sunrise Blvd. The view was okay, but the cat bird views are the ones overlooking the water. I also felt that the rooms over Sunrise Blvd were very noisy and even though we were on the 11th floor the noise level was very loud.
Our room was spacious, we had a kitchen and two large balconies. We had a living room and a bedroom and each room had it's own TV. The room was a little worn and a little dated. The carpet were frayed and stained.
The bathroom was large, we had a shower, but no tub. It was kept clean by friendly maids. The whole staff at the hotel was friendly and cheerful. The valets were especially friendly.
The hotel has a pool, small beach (sand) area on the river and lots of outdoor seating. It's a nice relaxing setting.
The business center is very stunning as the two computers over look the river in front of a huge glass window. It was beautiful to sit here and use the computers. One small complaint is that they only have two computers and it was hard to get on them. United Airlines uses this a layover hotel for pilots and the pilots seem to like to use this hotel as a private office. One guy was in there for hours doing his taxes and others come here to do bids for their work schedule. So it's hard to get on the computers. Also young children would take over the room and use the computers to play games all day long!
One other complaint that I had was there is ONLY valet parking here. The valet guys here were outstanding, but it does cost $25.00 a day to park a car here and every time you pick up your car you have to tip. It's not convenient to have a car and hop in and out of the hotel. Each time you use it you have to wait to get it. What was crazy is next door to the hotel is a huge empty parking lot that is roped off - why not use this space to allow guests to park their own cars?
Overall I was happy with the staff, the area, the setting and the service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Ft Lauderdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale