“Family vacation”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #42 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed three nights in May this year, overall was very good a couple small things that I was not happy with. The front desk staff were very good and friendly. When we arrived we were greeted and made us feel very comfortable, and welcome. I traveled with my sister in laws and there family, my wife and I. The two things I was disappointed with, the housekeeping was very slow. Our first night stay was good but the second day and third we left the hotel around 8 am and when we returned around 4 PM our room was still not ready. We finally got it done around 4:30 pm both nights. The other issue was the air conditioner was not working I spoke to the front desk and they sent a service tech up he switched the AC to auto and left? If he held his hand in front of the fan he would have noticed the fan was not blowing, never got it fixed before we left. The last thing was the VIP car service was 20 minutes late to take us to the airport, not the hotels fault just did not leave me with a great experience like the last three times we have visited.

Moods

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MayMary2013

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The wedding was beautiful and the room we stayed in was over the top excellent. We had the most comfortable nights sleep. We wish we could have stayed a few more days. We did not have breakfast there or use the spa so I did not rate them but everything else was just wonderful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 14th floor and had a spectacular view of the pool and the intercoastal.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 7 May 2014

On a recent winter holiday we had been booked by our Cruise line to stay at the GalleryOne Double Tree. After having travelled from dawn to dusk, with Air Line issues from the start of the trip, we arrived at the Double Tree to find that we did not have a reservation. Due to overbooking our cruise line had moved us to another Hotel. Unfortunately we did not get the notification in time. The front desk staff were simply amazing. Being 2 couples and not having any idea other than the paperwork we had as to where we were staying they made accommodations for us by putting us in a suite with 2 bedrooms. I can say that I was not in the best of spirits at this time and the front desk staff were very accommodating and were great at handling the situation. Miscommunications can happen when travelling, but having a Front Desk staff as good as the ones at the Gallery One Double Tree eased the tensions greatly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fraser M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After one or two bad hotel experiences in Fort Lauderdale we thought we would try somewhere new and generally we were very pleased with what we found. Gallery One is a Doubletree suite hotel and hence part of the Hilton Group. That gave us an upgrade to an Intracoastal view room because of our Hilton Honors membership. Strangely, when wifi has become a commodity and very many hotels offer it free, we did not have high enough Honors status to avoid having to pay $10 a day. It was the only black mark however. Hopefully they will soon follow what is now becoming the norm elsewhere.

We were delighted with the location. It was exactly three minutes walk to a number of good restaurants including the excellent seafood at Trulucks. These form part of the Galleria Mall which contains the outlets of a number of major US retail names. A 300-yard walk in the opposite direction takes you to the beachfront.

What set it apart for us though was the can-do attitude of the staff and the sheer ease with which we were able to deal with a problem. For reasons beyond our control we had a number of seriously important legal documents to download, print, sign, have witnessed, fax, and courier, all within a very limited time frame. This is does not strike me as a business hotel but all was achieved with absolutely no stress or fuss but smiles and helpfulness.

Our suite was reasonably spacious and featured a very functional, well-equipped kitchen. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom larger than usual though unfortunately it did not feature a bath. That was not a problem for a one-night stay though.

I am sure we shall stay there next time we are in Fort Lauderdale, a city we visit maybe seven or eight times a year.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel overlooks a parking lot and the road, the other the Intracoastal with some sea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Eric the valet was amazing. He went out of his way to make sure I didn't get wet when getting out of my car. He took my umbrella and kept me covered. Then when I forgot something, went back to my car to get it for me. He was very sweet and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2014
GALLERYone D, General Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am very pleased that our team provided the type of service you should expect from our hotel, and will ensure that the Team Member mentioned receive the recognition they deserve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Best regards,

Martin Hoellrigl

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Friends from Scotland were staying here before boarding a transatlantic cruise. We live nearby so we met them at the hotel for cocktails and dinner on a Saturday evening.
At the Gallery Lounge in the lobby we had cocktails. Ordered the first round at the bar since the bartender did not walk a few feet to our table. When we wanted a second round, there was no bartender because she had gone to chat with other employees at the restaurant. I found her there and ordered a second round. Several people sitting at the bar were also happy that I found the bartender and immediately ordered more drinks. Then we walked to the Vue Restaurant across the lobby.
Our friends had earlier scouted the restaurant and reserved a corner table overlooking the water, but we were 5 minutes later than the reservation so they gave away our table. There were only a few people in the restaurant and we were given a different window table that was acceptable but less desirable, being close to the kitchen and restaurant entrance. During dinner I also learned that the A/C above my head dripped water on me from time to time. Several employees came to our table to bring water (that took 2 slow trips), to ask our beverage choices (bottle of wine that took 3 trips), and to take dinner orders. The food was good: Salads, Cuban pork with black beans and rice, salmon, and quesadillas. Each step in the service was very slow and inefficient. As one employee told me earlier, we would be much better off to walk to one of the excellent restaurants close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoePompano

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at GALLERYone DoubleTree by Hilton. We are very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. This is not typical of our hotel staff, and we have addressed this issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great stay and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback, and we that next time you will visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.

King regards,

Martin Hoellrigl

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great place! Good service, pool and rooms. The view was really pretty from my room. The room was very clean and cool my whole stay. The kitchen was super nice and clean, I wished I used it more then I did. I originally was booked to stay at another Hotel and once I got there, I had to leave because it was awful and I was able to get booked at Double Tree within an hour. TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo