“The best location and value for relaxing in Ft. Lauderdale”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
The South
“The best location and value for relaxing in Ft. Lauderdale”
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We enjoyed the friendly, efficient service at Gallery One, the valet was especially high quality. The room was hip and very comfortable. We liked the location two blocks from the beach, right on the Intercoastal, minutes from the airport. You are not in the middle of the busy, hectic atmosphere that can be found in South Beach and other places in Fort Lauderdale. That gave Gallery One a very relaxing feel that we enjoyed. The hotel is convenient to everything, we were able to explore Miami and beaches north of Fort Lauderdale. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 8 May 2009

This is our first trip to Ft Lauderdale. We were there for a wedding and it was the perfect location. The reception was on the yacht Sun Cruiser that departed from the hotel which made it so convenient. Enjoyed the lounge area after the wedding and the staff was very friendly to accommodate our large group (40+). It was walking distance to excellent restaurants/late night lounge and located by the mall (if you must go shopping - but why!!). We also were able to walk a couple of block and were at the beach. Perfect!! Only spent 3 days there but would love to return again. Great compliment coming from a California person!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy017
Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We spent four days here post cruise in March 2009 with our two sons. This was our first time in Fort Lauderdale. I found accomodations in the area in general are more expensive than other areas where we have vacationed. Previously we had spent time in Orlando area of Florida during vacations and the pricing there was a lot lower if you shopped around for suite lodging, which is also more abundantly available in Orlando area. I shopped around for accomodations and compared prices a lot before booking here at Gallery ONE. Although I found Fort Lauderdale a little more pricey for some of the hotels in the area, the Gallery ONE was still a lot less than most beachfront suites here, yet it was not too far from the beach, you could walk there, and it was definately great for a family of four with two older boys to have so much room. I was happy with my choice. We were so comfortable here. Now that our kids are bigger, we can't fit into one hotel room with two beds comfortably. Also, when I shopped around for rooms & pricing I did find that these accomodations were less expensive than having to rent two seperate hotel rooms elsewhere in the area. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite with kitchen & dining area and a balcony overlooking the street, the canal waterway and drawbridge near the front corner of the hotel - you could even see the ocean in the distance. The suite was very modern and comfortable and the location was great. One bedroom had a king size bed, one had two queens. There was a tv in each bedroom and also a large widescreen flat panel tv on the wall in the living area. Lots of towels/toiletries in the bathrooms and a notice that said to call if we needed anything such as a forgotten toothbrush, combs, etc. as they would be happy to provide any of our needs with complimentary items upon request. Our accomodations were very comfortable and very clean. We were not bothered by any noise. The location was very convenient. All of the staff we interacted with - at the front desk , or the cleaning staff , the bell hops and the dining room staff - were all very friendly, always pleasant and helpful. We arrived very early for check in, approx. 11 a.m., but our room was ready and we were shown to our room right away without any delay and given wonderful warm cookies to snack on also. Everything was in working order in our suite and it was well stocked with towels, toiletries, coffee, etc. The decor was modern, cheerful colorful prints/floral arrangements, neutral walls, furnishings and bedding, very clean. Shortly after our arrival staff contacted us by phone to make sure we were comfortable and that everything was to our liking and that we didn't need anything. There was a sign posted at the hotel by the elevators apologizing for the slow operation of their elevators while we were there, but we came and went often and I honestly never felt we had to wait much, not more than a few moments to a minute or two tops at any time. The hotel has a water taxi stop right there at the hotel that can take you around Fort Lauderdale and is a nice way to tour the area. There is also the huge Galleria mall right next door, an easy walk, and it has much to choose from in the way of dining or shopping there including many upscale restaurants and food court dining/take out options. There are also shops direclty across the street from the mall in a smaller strip mall including a Pharmacy store. You could walk a few blocks to the beach from the hotel, the water taxi also stops by the beach. The hotel is very conveniently located, just a short cab ride to the cruise port/air port or more shopping/restaurants. We were very happy with our stay here and we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank med
toronto on
Reviewed 17 April 2009

my family and me stayed at the Gallery one- doubletree for 3 nights, the hotel is AMAZING located close to the beach and shopping centre, the suits are nice and clean very comfortable for family.
the beds were VERY COMFORTABLE and the service was great!!!

Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2009

This spring break we stayed at the Hotel. The location is great. Walking distance from both the Beach , and the great shopping and dinning of Galleria Mall. The service was very pleasant and accomodating our needs. The rooms are spacious and the view of the intercostal in beautiful. The restaurant was good and resonable priced. The fact that the kitchens are equipped , made it easier with the kids and the baby. We could store and have light meals in the room. We took the water taxi. It was so fun. The kids loved it , and the fact that it goes right out from the hotel made in very convenient. The beach was only one stop down the water. At night we drove a 5 minute drive to Las Olas. It was fun to have that action type just 5 minutes away, and then come back to the Hotel.

New York, NY
Reviewed 11 April 2009

We are finishing up our stay at Gallery One with extended family. We chose the hotel for it's "full kitchens" and room suites. The minute I walked into the room, I felt it smelled stuffy and moldy. There is cigarette ash on the balcony and in the window sills. There is mold under the toilet rims and in between the sink basin and counter top. Kitchens do not have ovens (only microwaves) and only 1/2 fridges. Elevators are slow-- and one has not worked all week. The space is adequate for our family of 4 (two toddlers), but there is no kiddy pool and the beach is a 4-block walk. I could go on and on. Front desk seems eager to try to fix problems (broken toilet, broken clock light, cable that was not working), but the maid was very cranky (and seemingly lazy). One good note, the beds are comfortalbe. Suffice it to say, if you are on a budget, the hotel is fine, but the immediate area is too commercial and the hotel does not feel clean. I'd say, go somewhere else!

Reviewed 7 April 2009

I went to Fort Lauderdale from 3/26 to 3/31 and stayed at the DoubleTree. Overall it was a great trip. I was traveling by myself, and think it's a great location and hotel for a getaway.

Here are some details about the DoubleTree that might be helpful for anyone considering staying:

1. Internet access in your room is $9.95 for 24 hours, but there is free wi-fi in the lobby.

2. The hotel is about a 7 minute walk from the beach.

3. For $20 more you can upgrade to an ocean-view

4. The outdoor bar usually closes around 7pm (at least in March when I was there) but the bartender said if there's a crowd out they sometimes will stay open later, until 9 or 10.

5. The indoor bar closes at midnight.

6. There's a mini-beach area by the inter-coastal with beach chairs, which is right by the pool.

7. There's a Water Taxi stand at the back of the hotel.

8. It's a bit of a longer walk (20-25 minutes), but you can walk from the hotel to Lulu's, Hooter's, and The Deck restaurants (as well as others), and a shopping area on A1A.

9. There's a CVS across the street from the hotel, which is handy if you need to buy sun-screen, a beach chair, towel, water, etc.

10. The hotel work-out room has a few treadmills, elliptical machines, weights, towels and pitchers with oranges.

11. Right next to the hotel is an upper-end mall

12. Next to the mall are some restaurants. The most fun was Blue Martini, which has an indoor and outdoor bar. You can smoke in the outside bar.

13. If I go back and stay at the DoubleTree, I probably will rent a car. There's lots to see and do in Fort Lauderdale that you can't walk to.

14. The room itself was awesome - I had a king room. Lots of pillows, very comfortable bed. There's a plasma TV in the living room area, but they sort of had it off in the corner (not in front of the couch) and it would have been difficult to watch.

15. All the rooms are non-smoking, but there are balconies and if you smoke, you can smoke on the balcony.

16. Each room has a kitchenette with a microwave, toaster, dishwasher, stove-top range and dishes to use. This would be perfect if anyone actually wanted to cook while on vacation! :)

17. The elevators can be on the slow side.

18. The food served at the hotel is excellent, but sort of on the pricey side.

19. If you have a room with the ocean-view, you may hear the bridge bell ringing, depending on your room location. There's a drawbridge that goes up and down all day right next to the hotel to let large boats pass by, and a bell rings each time it does. It didn't bother me at all, but I remember the first time I heard the bell ring I thought maybe I had set off the smoke alarm from the balcony. But I didn't.

20. I booked this hotel room by bidding on it through another website and saved about $90 a night on it.

21. In the morning the hotel leaves a USA Today at your door, during the week.

22. Each room has an alarm clock, which also plays CDs. I forgot to bring my iPod speakers, but then realized there's an aux cable that comes out of the clock, and you can play your iPod or MP3 player through the speakers. That was pretty neat to have some background music while getting ready to go out.

23. The rooms have Neutrogena shampoo & conditioner, soap and also mouthwash.

24. The shower was really nice... a walk in shower with glass doors, roomy and a large circular over-head shower head with decent pressure.

25. Overall, I'd stay at the DoubleTree again for sure. The staff was friendly, location was in a nice quiet area, and the amenities were all there. The only thing I'd change is I wish they had free wi-fi in the rooms, but I guess more and more hotels are doing that.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo