“Great Deal with a great price”

GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #41 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My son, my husband and I stayed at this hotel. What a great hotel. We had a very big room and breakfast included. The location is good, because there is a mall just on the other block, CVS, Starbucks, beach and it's close to Sawgrass. Very well located. The staff was very friendly and polite. We had a delay and they haven't cancelled our reservation. Great hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,877)

Reviewed 14 July 2009

If you are visiting the Ft. Lauderdale area and would like a great deal and place to stay, try the Gallery One Doubltree Hotel. It is smack in the middle of a Great Mall with several resturants, and the Beach. The rooms are great, clean and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Very nice hotel in Fort Lauderdale!
Pros: Near the beach, great suites, staff is very friendly and helpful, high-rise so very nice views from the higher up floors, able to check in early and actually got a room upgrade, good value
Cons: Near the beach but NOT right across the street, its about a block and a half walk, parking $$ steep (but that's expected from a hotel near beach), ac in bedroom didn't work very well, slow elevators, pool area nice with bar and loungers but pool itself not so nice
**A previous reviewer wrote that he noticed that the rate of his room at the hotel was drastically reduced a week or so before the date. This is true!!! I booked my room about 3 weeks ahead for the 4th of July. I checked back a week before our stay and it was $30 cheaper!! So naturally I cancelled my previous reservation and re-reserved it at the cheaper rate. Keep in mind though that cancellations must be made at least 72 hrs in advance.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My husband, our 5-yr old daughter, and I stayed at this lovely hotel for a week after Christmas through January 3 of this year. We decided to go to Ft. Lauderdale on a whim, and after reading all the reviews chose this place. It exceeded our expectations! The suite had a wonderful kitchen, which was kept immaculate by the cleaning staff. We stocked on groceries on our second day there (took a taxi to the closest grocery store), and had most of our lunches right in the room, after a long morning on the beach.

The living room was very spacious and the master bedroom was a decent size as well. Our bed was very comfy and the door b/w the bedroom and a living room was a huge plus - nothing like a little privacy when traveling w/children. Our room was away from the bridge and was very peaceful, with a woderful view of the canal.

We were not able to rent a car due to the fact that we got there on the spur of the moment and everything was booked for the College Bowl. So we just ended up walking to and from the beach (a very pleasant 10-min walk in winter). On the way, there are several convenience-type stores to pick up some basics, like milk and juice. And there was a good little cafe right next to the beach which served pretty good breakfasts and sandwiches, wraps, ice cream.

We also took a water taxi trip twice in the evenings. The WTs come every 15-20 minutes or so, but due to the holiday season they were not very predictable at that time of the day. However, it was a doable alternative to a rental car, considering that we were spending most of our time on the beach and by the pool, or just simply relaxing on the balcony.

The presence of restaurants and shops at the adjacent Gallery Mall made our stay sans the car even more palatable. We loved Seasons 52 restaurant - delicious food for reasonable price!

We would definitely come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank aelita
Reviewed 14 June 2009

1. Roaches in the dishwasher – day 1 room 1 - In an attempt to retrieve silverwares to enjoy my desert, I was greeted by a number of cockroaches.
2. Balcony patio doors were filthy – day 1 room 1 - I had the water view room, which I could not enjoy the view because the patio doors were filthy.
3. The air ducts/vents is rotten/rusty – day 1 room 1 – It was very hot as expected in FL (in June), after searching for the thermostat to crank up the air, I was afraid to breath. The air ducts/vents were rotten/rusted/dirty and the wall surrounding the vents had bad water damage.
4. My Ipod radio unit - day 1 room 1 – I could not plug my small unit in the bathroom because it would shut off the power in the bedroom.
5. The microwave did not work – day 2 room 2 – After a long day and a new room, I wanted to warm up the rest of my lunch and the damn microwave did not work.
6. The elevators – every day – The doors took so long to open, just when you begin to think you are stuck, BAMMM, they spring open.
7. The hall way carpet is so loose, it is a claim (trip and fall) waiting to happen.
This hotel is far from a 4star hotel. However, that young lady at the front desk was a gem. She was very accommodating and tried her best. I will give her 4 Stars, but the Gallery 1 – A Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel gets ½ a star.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Definitely the nicest hotel I have stayed at this price point. Very well appointed, and spacious. Looks just like the pictures. Ideal for families, and couples. The beach is close BUT it is so hot in FL that you may not feel up to the walk. Water taxi in the rear is very convenient, and a day pass costs $13. As everyone notes parking is expensive, but its the same all over South Fl. This place is picture perfect. TIP: I grew up in NYC and I had never been to a drive-in movie. The Swap Shop about 5 min drive from hotel shows new releases on the weekends. Cost:$6 adults $2 kids . It was great fun. If you have never been to a drive-in check it out.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Happytraveler2615
Reviewed 13 June 2009

The Gallery One Double Tree hotel offers high-quality suites, and customer service with reasonable rates. My family vacationed in Fort Lauderdale the first week of June 2009. The day we arrived, the weather was raining heavily. We arrived approximately 45 minutes before our check-in time, and the rooms were ready. The gentlemen that greeted us at the valet were wonderful the first time and every time through the day we checked out. The front desk attendants were professional and courteous the entire stay. The maid service is comprised of a friendly and professional staff that does a great job. I originally chose The Gallery One Double Tree hotel after reviewing numerous hotel websites, and reading their reviews on TripAdvisor. My family and I stayed for a week. The Gallery One is minutes from the airport, blocks away from the Ft. Lauderdale Beach and the Galleria Mall. We also were able to take the Water -Taxi for site seeing (this service is inexpensive, and picks you up at the Gallery One hotel). Overall, well worth the stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family