I stayed here post-cruise for 1 night with wife and friends. The room wasn't ready so we had to wait several hours. I think they called us around 2 PM to say the room was finally ready. The city view suite had a kitchen, which was not that nice I might add, and a separate living room off the bedroom. We didn't use the kitchen, so we didn't care it wasn't that nice. We did, however, like the oversized balcony and living room. It made having four people in the room much more enjoyable. We also liked the walk-in shower. The location wasn't bad either. The hotel is next to a mall with some nice restaurants, including Capital Grill, Truluck's, and Martini Blue. We ate at Truluck's and everything was great except the stone crabs, which were terrible. Martini Blue is a fun spot to hang out and have drinks before and/or after dinner. It becomes quite a scene there. We took a cab to Las Olas and Ocean Blvd and it was only $10 - $15, so the hotel is fairly close to other areas of interest.
Okay, so now for the bad stuff. First, there was a bad ring of mold around the bathroom sink. It was pretty gross to look at brushing our teeth. Also, they did not stock anything in the room to eat or drink. I guess because we had a kitchen, but still, no minibar? So, I called the front desk, but they would not answer their phone. It was about 11 PM when I went down to ask the front desk where we could get water to drink. There stood two people doing a whole lot of nothing, especially not answering phones. Once at the desk, I was advised I had to use the vending machine on floor 4 to get bottled water. It felt a bit like I was at a motel at that point. The next morning my friend went downstairs and ordered a cab for us. We had an early flight. When we got downstairs we stood and waited for a good 15 minutes before complaining. Our friend was there 30 minutes ago, so now it was 45 minutes. The bell hop apologized for the delay, and maybe it wasn't his fault. However, we wonder if he ever actually called the cab the first time, because after we complained he called again and one miraculously showed up in 5 minutes. Last thing, lots of little flying bugs at the bar at night, which ruined the start of our happy hour. We moved happy hour to Martini Blue, which ended up being a solid choice.
I would stay here again if I had four people and the price was right, but only for a night, maybe two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale