GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coconut Bay Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Cocobelle Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Tranquilo(Fort Lauderdale)
Summerland Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Royal Palms Resort & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
Soleado Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Napoli Belmar Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Tropi Rock Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
2,962 results
All reviewsgalleria mallwater taxidouble treewater viewblue martiniwarm cookiesvalet parkingsuite hotelliving roomcity viewintercoastal waterwaysunrise blvdshort walk to the beachacross the streetsmall kitchenvalet servicebusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My DH and I arrived at about 3:30pm in Ft. Lauderdale and took a cab to the Doubletree. It was $22 from the airport and we tipped $3. Check-in was quick and friendly. We asked the front desk clerk about transportation to the port and she arranged a private shuttle for $25. The room was really great. It was clean, spacious and had a nice view. We were upgraded to a water view even though we used Hilton Hhonors points to pay for the stay, and we received vouchers for free continental breakfast as we are Hilton Hhonors members. (You could pay $5 more and upgrade to a full hot breakfast buffet, but we didn't do this because the continental breakfast included hot oatmeal and grits which we love.) That night we walked to the mall and ate at PF Changs (good as always). We loved the hotel and dropped by there post cruise to wait until the mall opened for last minute shopping. The front desk broke a $100 bill for us for shopping and shuttle fare back to the port. I called the same shuttle service and he arrived at the appointed time later in the day. We wanted to have a cup of coffee in the restaurant rather than just taking up space in their lobby, but the coffee on the menu is listed at $4 a cup! All the staff members at this hotel were really helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank tricia28
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My girlfriend and I stayd a week at this hotel in feburary. We got a "corner" suite with a huge balcony. The suite was very nice. The hotel did not have free wireless internet, 9,99$ per day per device. The parking is also quite expensive. Stay out of the hotel restaurant. We waited for 50 minutes for our food when the restaurant was nearly empty. When the food arrived, it was not what we order. A great restaurant nearby is Seasons 52.

2  Thank euchen
Ctacca, Hotel Manager at GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

Thanks for taking time to share your experience and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful all-suite hotel. The service that you received in our restaurant is clearly not the level of service that we strive for and we are addressing the deficiencies with our team. We look forward to your return visit to the Gallery One and again appreciate you sharing your feedback. John Allan, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

We recently visited this hotel for a reward stay with HiltonHonors points but they didn't upgrade our room.
So, we decided to upgrade for a room with waterview and balcony and they charged us $25/night. Breakfast was $45.28 for 2 ppl. Valet parking was $23 .Self parking $21 (good luck with that) and internet $9.95. We end up paying extra...
The staff was very nice, my room was very clean,bed was soft and nice.
Waking distance to The Gallery Mall,and restaurants....P.F.Changs, Seasons 52
So the next time,for breakfast I will go to Starbucks (across the street)
I would no recommend this hotel is you have a budget, but if you dont care go ahead !

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I stayed here post-cruise for 1 night with wife and friends. The room wasn't ready so we had to wait several hours. I think they called us around 2 PM to say the room was finally ready. The city view suite had a kitchen, which was not that nice I might add, and a separate living room off the bedroom. We didn't use the kitchen, so we didn't care it wasn't that nice. We did, however, like the oversized balcony and living room. It made having four people in the room much more enjoyable. We also liked the walk-in shower. The location wasn't bad either. The hotel is next to a mall with some nice restaurants, including Capital Grill, Truluck's, and Martini Blue. We ate at Truluck's and everything was great except the stone crabs, which were terrible. Martini Blue is a fun spot to hang out and have drinks before and/or after dinner. It becomes quite a scene there. We took a cab to Las Olas and Ocean Blvd and it was only $10 - $15, so the hotel is fairly close to other areas of interest.

Okay, so now for the bad stuff. First, there was a bad ring of mold around the bathroom sink. It was pretty gross to look at brushing our teeth. Also, they did not stock anything in the room to eat or drink. I guess because we had a kitchen, but still, no minibar? So, I called the front desk, but they would not answer their phone. It was about 11 PM when I went down to ask the front desk where we could get water to drink. There stood two people doing a whole lot of nothing, especially not answering phones. Once at the desk, I was advised I had to use the vending machine on floor 4 to get bottled water. It felt a bit like I was at a motel at that point. The next morning my friend went downstairs and ordered a cab for us. We had an early flight. When we got downstairs we stood and waited for a good 15 minutes before complaining. Our friend was there 30 minutes ago, so now it was 45 minutes. The bell hop apologized for the delay, and maybe it wasn't his fault. However, we wonder if he ever actually called the cab the first time, because after we complained he called again and one miraculously showed up in 5 minutes. Last thing, lots of little flying bugs at the bar at night, which ruined the start of our happy hour. We moved happy hour to Martini Blue, which ended up being a solid choice.

I would stay here again if I had four people and the price was right, but only for a night, maybe two.

3  Thank VacationDude
Reviewed 16 February 2011

And if the 10 minute walk to the shops and restaurants is too much, this hotel is on the Water Taxi route. There's also a very good shopping mall within a 5 minute walk (Galleria).

Turning my attention to the hotel facilities, there's a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool with views of the waterway. The restaurant (which I didn't use) has outdoor seating as well as indoor. There's also a bar.

The rooms (sorry, suites!) are superb. Separate seating area, TWO flat-screen TVs, balcony, and kitchenette and dining table in all rooms.

This hotel was chosen for me as a pre-cruise stop-over. I'm hoping to stay here next time I book a cruise.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo