La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
US$146
US$187
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
US$339
US$294
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$107
US$101
RodewayInn
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$342
US$208
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsboiled eggsroom was cleanwaffle makerfree breakfasthot tuban older propertywill stay there againeasy accesshousekeeping staffstayed one nightpre cruiselauderdaleinnsftratesbeddinguber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times, the most recently being a month or two ago when my a/c went out (I live in Fort Lauderdale and no a/c any month of the year ain't pretty LOL). This property was formerly a Fairfield Inn by Marriott. It has a lot going for it...on a quiet stretch of Federal Highway (US 1) north of Commercial Boulevard. There's a very large outdoor pool on the front of the property which lends a resort feel to the property. OK, I must admit, I really like the convenience of an exterior-corridor property like this one. They also accept pets, as do most if not all LaQuinta properties. The rooms were recently redone, although I'm not sure I didn't like the more traditional LaQuinta decor better than their new trendy look, which I think will age quickly. But everything was new and crisp. The only major downside to this hotel is the fact that it IS near a major highway and there is pedestrian traffic. While I've seen families and business professionals here, I've also seen some questionable individuals which is more indicative of the area in general than this property in particular. That being said, I never felt unsafe. However, if you are traveling alone, please note that some rooms on the backside might not feel as well-lit and welcoming. Also, there is a "dead-end" when you try to drive around the back of the property. That being said, for the very excellent price on each of my stays, it's hard to beat. I would imagine the closest real competition for this property is the Courtyard by Marriott at the NW corner of Commercial and Federal, a former mid-rise Howard Johnson property. When you consider the fact that the LQ is also at least half the price of the beach, it's worth considering for more than just an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are subject to more road noise. I like the rooms on the south side of the property best.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I was there in December with my family during 6 nights, the room was big and confortable, the beds, the showers and the cleaning (there is not refrigerator).
The breakfast is ok., and the places to parking the car are available.
The swimming pool is big and well located in the center of all room, the hot tub is very very hot for my preference.
The issue is that it's a hotel where smoking is allowed and the people smoke inside of the hot tub and they were throwing the cigarette end next to swimming pool area, the smell was horrible and there were a lot of young and alone boys, so, the environment is not the best for families.
The location is at 15' of Ft. Lauderdale downtown (10km.).

Room Tip: Please, stay far of a big engine working
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Christmas, and had an excellent stay. The hotel was priced much lower than many other hotels in the area, and included free wifi and free breakfast. The hotel has a large heated pool, which was clean and well-maintained. The room was large and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. Our room had two double beds, and they were a bit small for more than one person. Rooms with one king bed were more, I think because they also had a refridgerator. When we checked in, our first room's A/C wasn't working. The hotel staff immediately moved us to another room. Later, we had a problem with the wifi, and they again helped us right away. I was very impressed by the willingness of the hotel staff to address and solve problems. The free breakfast had very limited choices, but we had no complaints (as it was, after all, free). One thing I wish the hotel would address would be to have the housekeeping staff wear hairnets. We found many long dark hairs in our room during our stay that were not ours. Aside from that, there's nothing I could find fault with at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you don't like stairs, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The pricing was similar to other hotels in the area, but I have stayed in a few places in Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale and this one is off my list. I am not a fan of outside doors into rooms to start.. When we checked in the police were there investigating a claim that something was stolen from a room. Most people would have gone somewhere else on the spot, but it was Thanksgiving day and we just needed a place for the night...so we stayed.

Pro: The room was huge and clean. Functionally it was a fine overnight room.
Con: You can hear everything int he next room and outside the door and our sense of security was not very strong - both from the check in experience and just waling around the property to our room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FloridaScubaDiver
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stopped there for 6 days to explore the area, includind Miami. It's a good place, with larger and brand new rooms, with frigobar and microwaves. Easy access for US1 and affordable price.

Room Tip: Ask for ground rooms, so you don`t have to go up the stairs with you luggage.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple