“This was something else......”

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
Ranked #73 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband & I were going on a cruise in Miami. We decided to fly in a day early and stay in Fort Lauderdale overnight. My husband had never been to Fort Lauderdale so, this was suppose to be a treat. There was a group of us going on the cruise that decided to go the day before. I let someone else in the group be in charge of finding a hotel. I wanted to stay at another chain but, she didn't want to spend the $200 which included free airport shuttle.

There was so many things wrong with this hotel I don't even know where to begin:

Distance: This hotel is miles away from Fort Lauderdale Airport and needed to have free shuttle. The cab driver decides to take the Interstate during rush hour. Needless to say, it took forever and the meter was ticking away. We finally arrive at the hotel and the meter reads $43.60. I was totally upset!

Appearance & Check-in: After getting over the cost of the cab, I start to take a visual look at the hotel. Now, I am more upset. It should not be called a hotel, it's definitely a motel. The front desk is in the small building located in the front. Our room was ready. The gentleman at the desk informed us that they service continential breakfast in the morning and the hours. He also explained how to get to the room but, I must have still been upset. We could not find the room to save our life. THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE ELEVATORS!!! Imagine our surprise when we had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with 2 suitcases. We walked down one side to find out we should be on the other side. Finally, we arrive to our room which is in the back of the hotel.

Room: When we enter the room, we are greeted by the aroma of mildew and the carpet was filthy. The hotel has a pool so, guests have probably entered the rooms wet and haven't been cleaned properly. The air was not on, which made the smell even worse. It was hot and musty in the room. We turned on the air and left out. Upon our return, one of the other people in our party complained of blood stains on the sheets. That prompted me to pull back the covers on our bed. OMG what did we see! No not blood but several urine stains. What the heck! I was totally upset after this. They don't have the cleaning people on the property. They had to call someone in to redo both rooms. The attitude was like I had did something to make this happen. Like, I had urinated in the bed and wanted someone to clean up behind me. After about 1 1/2 hours, our linen was changed. I also made them flip over the mattress.

Food: There are no restaurants in the hotel but, plenty in the area. They serve continential breakfast with juice and coffee every morning but, we didn't take part.

Check out: When we checked out, I requested my money back. After what was in my friend's and my bed, that was the least they could do. The front desk was nice enough to watch our luggage while we made a run down the street. They also booked a shuttle for us to get back to the airport the next day to go to the Port of Miami.

Overall, I was very disappointed in this establishment. I will very skeptical about staying in another La Quinta property after this. The establishment was old. The rooms had bad smells and dirty carpet. The property didn't have an elevator. The pool area was outdated and old. The best part was checking out the next morning. There's a smell of dogs outside the property. I understand that they do allow you to bring your pet. Someone isn't cleaning up after the pets because, there's that smell also. If you find somewhere else to stay, then by all means stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sasassie
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We picked this location due to its proximity, eight miles, to Port Everglades. We enjoyed a great meal across the street at Las Orquideas. The hotel's staff is friendly and efficient. Jauoda (Jay) was happy to move us from a room without a microwave to one with a microwave. Our room was fresh smelling and the bed was comfortable with crisp linens. There are closer hotels to the port but the price soars with location. We felt like we had a very good value for the price we paid at Ft. Lauderdale Northeast and will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a very nice stay here and will return to this location on my next trip. It was very clean and the staff was great my son hurt his arm and I went to the front desk for a band aid and the girl at the front was very helpful she also gave me a cookie for him which he was happy for and I just want to say I appreciate that level of concern she showed me. Thank You

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We chose this because we have had some great experiences with this chain . We arrived about 11:30 p.m. and saw a police car in front of the place . That did not fill me with confidence . There was a police officer sitting in the lobby with kevlar . We were asked if we were driving and said no. There appeared to be a building with interior corridors, but we were put in a building at the far side of the second building with a parking area right outside of our room . Not a fan of gaps under an outside doors, we used a towel to fill the gap . This hotel is a $ 40 taxi ride from the airport. The carpet had nasty stains , the tub and sink were not clean . The property is older, needs a lot of T.L.C. The exterior is dirty, but the pool appeared clean . If you need to go to the cruise port, that is a $52 taxi ride . Not a good experience for us .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dodi534
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great pool and rooms. Nice breakfast. Close to areas what you need. Drive directions are easy and close to many atrractions. Front desk and other employees are very helpful and fullfill your needs. You can count on them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
A La Quinta traveler
Locust Valley, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Rooms have clearly been renovated in the past few years, but the property obviously gets a lot of traffic.
Pool is a good size & clean. Lots of parking & a good location.
I have a young son - so only issue for me was the carpets, bit dirty due to high traffic I imagine.
Overall: cheap & cheerful.

1  Thank Nicholas T