“Don't stay here!!”

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Don't stay here!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Worse stay ever. I have twins so I called ahead a time to reserve cribs. The lady on the phone told me it wasn't necessary that they had plenty. She lied! I ended up having to share a bed with both if my twins. The rooms are tiny and they all smelled bad. We requested a non smoking room and sure enough it reeked of cigarettes. Then the next room reeked of mildew. The last La Quinta I stayed in was great so I was extremely disappointed. I should have read the reviews more carefully, they all warn to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sofia G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I usually stay at Westins and sheratons, but my bed here was fantastic! Enjoyed the hot tub and pool. We also used the plug and play on the tv to watch a movie that I had in my iPad. Nice feature!
Good value (I get a corporate discount through my company also). Will stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Road Town, Tortola
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently we had some flight delays and had to find a hotel late that evening since we had cancelled the one we had original booked. This hotel is ok but a long way outside Ft. Lauderdale. The room was average and could use some upgrading. The biggest problem we had was the front door. It was raining very heavy and trying to get inside with aluggage cart was
nearly impossible. The door does not open automatically and is no bigger then a normal door.
Also they are next to a language school and the students stay at this hotel. Pretty noisy. Otherwise staff was very nice.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband & I were going on a cruise in Miami. We decided to fly in a day early and stay in Fort Lauderdale overnight. My husband had never been to Fort Lauderdale so, this was suppose to be a treat. There was a group of us going on the cruise that decided to go the day before. I let someone else in the group be in charge of finding a hotel. I wanted to stay at another chain but, she didn't want to spend the $200 which included free airport shuttle.

There was so many things wrong with this hotel I don't even know where to begin:

Distance: This hotel is miles away from Fort Lauderdale Airport and needed to have free shuttle. The cab driver decides to take the Interstate during rush hour. Needless to say, it took forever and the meter was ticking away. We finally arrive at the hotel and the meter reads $43.60. I was totally upset!

Appearance & Check-in: After getting over the cost of the cab, I start to take a visual look at the hotel. Now, I am more upset. It should not be called a hotel, it's definitely a motel. The front desk is in the small building located in the front. Our room was ready. The gentleman at the desk informed us that they service continential breakfast in the morning and the hours. He also explained how to get to the room but, I must have still been upset. We could not find the room to save our life. THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE ELEVATORS!!! Imagine our surprise when we had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with 2 suitcases. We walked down one side to find out we should be on the other side. Finally, we arrive to our room which is in the back of the hotel.

Room: When we enter the room, we are greeted by the aroma of mildew and the carpet was filthy. The hotel has a pool so, guests have probably entered the rooms wet and haven't been cleaned properly. The air was not on, which made the smell even worse. It was hot and musty in the room. We turned on the air and left out. Upon our return, one of the other people in our party complained of blood stains on the sheets. That prompted me to pull back the covers on our bed. OMG what did we see! No not blood but several urine stains. What the heck! I was totally upset after this. They don't have the cleaning people on the property. They had to call someone in to redo both rooms. The attitude was like I had did something to make this happen. Like, I had urinated in the bed and wanted someone to clean up behind me. After about 1 1/2 hours, our linen was changed. I also made them flip over the mattress.

Food: There are no restaurants in the hotel but, plenty in the area. They serve continential breakfast with juice and coffee every morning but, we didn't take part.

Check out: When we checked out, I requested my money back. After what was in my friend's and my bed, that was the least they could do. The front desk was nice enough to watch our luggage while we made a run down the street. They also booked a shuttle for us to get back to the airport the next day to go to the Port of Miami.

Overall, I was very disappointed in this establishment. I will very skeptical about staying in another La Quinta property after this. The establishment was old. The rooms had bad smells and dirty carpet. The property didn't have an elevator. The pool area was outdated and old. The best part was checking out the next morning. There's a smell of dogs outside the property. I understand that they do allow you to bring your pet. Someone isn't cleaning up after the pets because, there's that smell also. If you find somewhere else to stay, then by all means stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sasassie
Flagler Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We picked this location due to its proximity, eight miles, to Port Everglades. We enjoyed a great meal across the street at Las Orquideas. The hotel's staff is friendly and efficient. Jauoda (Jay) was happy to move us from a room without a microwave to one with a microwave. Our room was fresh smelling and the bed was comfortable with crisp linens. There are closer hotels to the port but the price soars with location. We felt like we had a very good value for the price we paid at Ft. Lauderdale Northeast and will stay there again.

New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a very nice stay here and will return to this location on my next trip. It was very clean and the staff was great my son hurt his arm and I went to the front desk for a band aid and the girl at the front was very helpful she also gave me a cookie for him which he was happy for and I just want to say I appreciate that level of concern she showed me. Thank You

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Northern Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We chose this because we have had some great experiences with this chain . We arrived about 11:30 p.m. and saw a police car in front of the place . That did not fill me with confidence . There was a police officer sitting in the lobby with kevlar . We were asked if we were driving and said no. There appeared to be a building with interior corridors, but we were put in a building at the far side of the second building with a parking area right outside of our room . Not a fan of gaps under an outside doors, we used a towel to fill the gap . This hotel is a $ 40 taxi ride from the airport. The carpet had nasty stains , the tub and sink were not clean . The property is older, needs a lot of T.L.C. The exterior is dirty, but the pool appeared clean . If you need to go to the cruise port, that is a $52 taxi ride . Not a good experience for us .

2 Thank dodi534