“Extremly poor - don't stay here unless you have no other choice”

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
Ranked #77 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Unfortunately, I totally agree with most of the other reviewers. We had to stay here as it was too late and we were too tired to look for a different place. Also, we had a coupon for a reduced rate, but this coupon wasn't accepted by the front desk personsa at all. He first claimed to have plenty of rooms available. After we showed him the coupon he suddenly had only few rooms available and said that they were "almost booked out". For that reason he didn't want to give us the room at the reduced rate. Towels were dirty and I found various kind of hair on towels, in the sink, in the bath tub, and on the floor. Dirty, old-fashioned room. Strange people hanging around in the parking lot. There are nicer places close to the beach. For sure more expensive than the La Quinta, but definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank felis24

Reviewed 9 December 2010

La Quinta's are usually decent hotels for the price but this falls short..way short. Room was dirty, and somewhat run down in spite of a fairly recent remodel. Light fixture in bathroom was rusted! The breakfast area had filthy carpeting. There were shady people hanging out in the parking lot. The manager graciously gave me half off the room rate when I checked out. Only choose this hotel if you have to!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank alan2955
Reviewed 20 August 2010

OK..the location was good...the staff..AMAZING..the cleanliness..the breakfast..everything was perfect...except..i did not know that they were "pet friendly" until i saw a large beastly dog parading around...well..i thought that would be OK..until, about a week after my last day there...

i developed one ring worm on my inner thigh...hmm..i figured maybe it was the hot tub? lol...then another popped on my upper thigh..then another on me upper arm...ummm...ok..this is weird...a month later and i am still dealing with ring worms...which are spread by animals..especially cats..and many ppl allow their pets to sleep in their beds with them (YUCK!)..I've recently made an appt with a derm..b/c i cannot control this outbreak myself...other than that..it was a decent place..but i cannot/refuse to stay in their hotel or other pet friendly hotel...i can't afford to have another disease/condition that is spreaded by animals to humans..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJ2585
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Recently renovated, my king room had a leather sofa and ottoman and was quite spacious.
Free wi-fi worked like a charm. Room was clean, and at the back of a building, so very quiet. The pool area, and rooms nearby would not be as quiet. For the AAA rate I got, it was a solid value.
Staff was pleasant, room was clean, comfy bed... can't ask for too much more!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2010

As an elite member i expected to get a nicer room, the room lookied old, dirty. the next day me and my family was out the whole day came back to the hotel about 1 am, the room was not clean dirty towel were sill in the room, bed not properly made, the next morning i checked out early, that night was comped and was also given a free night voucher. but still won't stay again

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My wife and I just stayed at the La Quinta North.. I was hesitant after reading some reviews, but it was cheap, and close to where we needed to be.

The room was nice, the beds were comfy. I could hear passing traffic during the day, but it didnt stop me from falling asleep at night. The bathroom was a bit tight, but it served its purpose.

I didnt use the fitness centre, the pool or the hot tub, but all looked nice..

The breakfast was fine. The waffles were awesome, the apple juice and orange juice were good, as was the coffee. I didnt eat anything else, but there was cereal, bread, bagels, fruit, milk and other items similar.

The guy behind the counter was real nice and friendly and helped me choose a local pizza joint to eat.

The free, in room internet never cut out on me. It was a great added free service.

The major reason why we stayed here was becasue it is a pet friendly hotel. Our dog is like our son and try not to leave home without him. The hotel knew we had him with us, and didnt charge a per night fee, although I am not sure if this is the norm for the hotel.

If you are looking for a 5 star place to stay, this isnt it, but if your looknig for a decent place to stay, thats clean and nice, I would recomend this place. I think my wife and I are average folk, and would definatly stay here again..

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Good value for money, but nothing special. A nice average motel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple