“Nice Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Staten Island, New York
“Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed at the Renaissance for 2 nights in late April.

The hotel was nice, really nice lounge area(s), the pool area is small but wasn't crowded so it didn't matter. Sleep quality was great. I took a nap after we arrived. I NEVER nap.

Location was great too. We rented a car but there was stores and places to eat very close by. There's a Walgreens across the street in case you need anything like bottled water, sunblock, etc.

We went to meet some friends (one a local the other another visitor). The local took us to the beach, bar, restaurant area. Which was just minutes away.

This was my second visit to Ft. Lauderale, the first in 1996. It's beautiful but VERY hot and humid (and we had just visited Mexico earlier that week).

I wish we could have stayed longer and done more. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnissaSimone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Stayed here on a Friday night before a cruise. Hotel is very convenient to the cruise port and had plenty of taxis Saturday morning to take me over to the port-the entrance where you show your ID is just down the street. I ate in the restaurant for breakfast and it had a buffet (that I didn't do) and a nice a la carte menu (which I did choose from). I had delicious house-made potato chips and blue cheese dressing as a complementary snack as well as one set of 2 for 1 drinks during the Happy Hour that started at 5 pm. The staff for the most part were exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. The one exception was the lady who checked me out, who was professional, but seemed a little bothered that I wanted a new receipt (since I charged breakfast to my room) since I had received one under the door. This did not sour my experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I spent 10 days here on buisness large hotel but desk staff remembered my name. Service was outstanding from entire staff. Housekeeping did seem to come a bit late in the day but otherwise great spot for biz cruise or beach.

• Stayed May 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2011

The hotel is in a great location. My room view was the 17th st Causeway and the Atlantic Ocean. Wow. The the decor of the room was very inviting and not your typical beige walls and furniture. The office desk had everything I needed - a full docking station for my laptop, phone, DVD player...etc. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly, helpful and engaging. There hotel bar had a great decor and excellent staff. The parking was garaged or valet. I could not have asked for a better hotel. I used to live in the area and never knew the hotel wa there. I reaaly felt like a found a gem! I will stay there on all of my visits in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Loved our stay. The beds were very soft. I loved how I could hook my ipod up to the tv. The temperature of the room and we took a shuttle to the ship for six dollars.
The soap was kind of smelly and the shower head needed some work but those were very minor issues.

• Stayed May 2011
shakeitsgreat
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Unbelievably great service. Fine attention detail. Although its not on the beach, I will definitely be staying here again.

The first time I stayed at this hotel, I thought the service might have been a fluke. My vehicle wouldn't fit in the garage, but the valets, front desk staff and even the hotel engineer went out of their way to ensure that I had a safe convenient place to park.

On a recent return trip to Fort Lauderdale, i decided to stay at the Renaissance again, and was blown away - apparently their staff is just on all the time. I stayed for 6 nights and by the 3rd, the valets knew my name and car - didn't event have to check my ticket. On my last night, I got into the hotel after work after everything had closed. I was famished, getting ready to order a pizza, but the guy working the bar went and made me food even though they were closed.

I am really impressed with the level of service at this hotel. Top Notch.

As an aside, this is also the first hotel I have stayed at that took the time to put their logo on the TP - sure, I've seen the logo in the ash-tray sand, but the TP! Wow.

I find it hard to believe that people would not give this hotel at least a 4-star review. I travel A LOT and stay at A LOT of these business class hotels - this is by-far one of the best hotels that bear the Renaissance brand. Sure, its not on the water, and I can imagine that if you are coming to South Florida you'd want to be on the water, and sure, parking is a bit steep, especially considering other hotels in the area do not charge for parking, but I really doubt that any of the hotels in this price range will match the level of quality service at the Renaissance.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a room on the east side.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Paradise
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I needed to travel to Ft. Lauderdale on business and when I arrived, the clerk asked if I would like a king size bed. I answered correctly because I was given an automatic upgrade. I did not get an opportunity to use the facilities, but the room was clean and the service was outstanding. This hotel is located in an area where one can easily walk to restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay there again. One suggestion I do have, however, is that the Marriot should begin to offer free internet service from guest rooms. The standard charge seems to be $13.00 per day.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business