We stayed here once before about three years ago for one night. We loved it and really wanted to stay here again and we got it thur Hotwire for a $100 a night for two nights. We check in and are assigned a room on the third floor.
Sadly the room did not live up to the standard that we remember and certainly not a four star. Our issues:
- glasses are turned upside down and placed on a cardboard coaster (similar to what you find in bars) good idea, but the coasters are old and dirty and one is even torn.
- Room is very noisy, the venting system is loud and boy oh boy when you flush the toilet you will know it and it goes on for awhile!
- no robes in the room, considering it's regular hotel price per night is around $200 a robe would be a nice option.
- alarm clock is the older cheap plastic ones and the clear plastic cover is cracked. Phone is also old (similar to a type I had in the 80s)
- water pressure in this room is pathetic (but the room we get on the post cruise visit has better pressure so not sure why this one was so bad).
- one of the towels had a long black streak down the middle of it - grosse!!
On our second stay post cruise we were given a room on the fourth floor. We took shoes off and stepped in a totally soaked carpet and then put bag on couch only to move the pillows on the couch and find a balled up large piece of toilet paper -- don't even want to think of what that was used for. TV had all these smear marks on it like it was cleaned with dirty cloth. Again cups are placed on dirty coasters.
Another issue is since this is a non smoking hotel you have to smoke oustside, great, but they have set up two large couches just to the left of the main door and there is no missing walking by it and inhaling all the smoke. Please move to a better location that is away from the main door.
The location is great, and even though you can buy a shuttle service right there for $6 per person, opt for a taxi instead which cost us $10 total incuding tip for the two of us and much faster.
Garbage sat on table by the elevator for two days.
Overall this is not a horrible hotel but definately not a 4 star, more like a 3 star. Staff at the front desk are very helpful and bellhop was great. Sadly housekeeping is definately short staffed. We saw only one housekeeper on our floor and she was busy and I know that they don't get enough time to clean the rooms due to cutbacks. But sadly this is the most important thing about any hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Renaissance