“Great place to stay!”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Ranked #35 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our cruise. We had a great room 924, with a view of the port. Nice pool, hot tub, and good shopping within walking distance. I asked about leaving my car there during our cruise, and it was cheaper to do this than to leave it at the cruise terminal. Also we took the shuttle to the cruise port. It cost 6.00 per person, one way. Coming back we took a cab and it was 10.00 for all 3. The staff were great and friendly. I will stay there again if I leave from Port Everglades again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PeggyJO112563
Lori L, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed your cruise! We look forward to seeing you on a return trip to Fort Lauderdale in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location to stay the night before the cruise. Friendly staff, check in was a breeze, nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, great breakfast. The view was nice. Easy to get to and very convenient to the port. We would stay here again. Also, if you've forgotten anything, there's a Walgreens across the street. Lounge bar was nicely decorated and bartenders were friendly and efficient. I only wish parking was free and there was a shuttle to the port. Take a walk to the Bimini bar and admire the boats nearby.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have better views. Facing west would overlook the port.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorrie M

Hi Lorrie -

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and vicinity - we appreciate you staying with us and hope you return to South Florida very soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had the absolute pleasure to overnight in Renaissance Ft Lauderdale.
Hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean, staff very friendly and helpful, decor is beautiful.

We were surprised to have such big comfortable rooms, the most amazing beds we ever slept on and an added bonus the lovely view from our room. Big tv's with HD.

Breakfast the following morning was fresh with a wide variety to choose from. We encountered a plumbing problem in our room, I phoned down to reception and they send somebody up within a minute! We werent even out the door when he arrived and fixed it.

Wifi is available in the lobby. Couple of shops and restaurants (Wallgreens / Electronics store / clothing stores etc) located within walking distance from Hotel.

Well worth it! This hotel gets 10/10 in my book!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 505 and had a beautiful view of the hotel pool and garden as well as part of the s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnT0606

Greetings!

Thank you for staying with us and all of your kind comments - we really appreciate it!

Look forward to your return trip to sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice Renaissance hotel, slightly off the road and easy to miss if driving too fast. Concierge level is nice, slightly small room for the size of hotel and with two 2 floors for Gold and Platinum members. Service was good and breakfast was ok, Oatmeal was lukewarm to cold 3 days in a row. breakfast was not much more than most hotels offer for free, standard faire - cereal, toast, fruit but the evening snacks were good. Had a hamburger in their restaurant for lunch it was tasteless and dry - lettuce was wilted (overpriced) All minor hiccups -- Overall, good hotel, clean, well maintained and good value - would definitely stay again if in the area.

1  Thank L G L
Lori L, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us recently while you were visiting Fort Lauderdale. I am terribly sorry about your experience with our food - we are normally on point and have such great chefs. I will ensure they receive this feedback and are able to address the short comings.

Thanks, again and we hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you to sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here a few nights ago with a friend and had a great time. The Tall gentleman that checked me in David I believe was very knowledgeable about the area and local things to do. Very friendly and pleasant. The Front office team really tries their best to go above and beyond to fulfill and request you may have. (within reason of course) I was glad to see Nanad who I met 2 years ago when I first stayed at this property. Amazing young man with a great attitude, great at what he does. Apparently he only works part time now which is a shame. Tishayla and Debra were also great and very friendly. The rooms were nice very clean and the bathroom remodel came out great. If you stay here try and as for a higher floor facing east. There are a lot of great places within walking distance but the food at the hotel is perfectly fine. Keron who was our bartender for the night was great. very hard worker who pretty much runs the show by himself with one person helping. who was also great!!! love it here. very close to the cruise port and airport!! I will definitely be back!!! thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor facing east if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jason r

Hi Jason-

Welcome back! I wish I had an opportunity to meet you while you were our guest - perhaps next time. Thank you for the kind remarks about our team - I really appreciate you taking the time to recognize them - they are rather spectacular!!

Look forward to seeing you on a future trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I traveled to Fort Lauderdale on business this past week, the entire staff at the hotel couldn’t be more pleasant. I was on a club floor and enjoyed breakfast in the club room. My room was a decent size, although the bathroom was on the small side the Aveda amenities made up for the size. Water was replenished and the bed was comfy. The hotel location was perfect so close to restaurants, shopping, convention center ,cruise port and airport. The hotel offers a flat rate shuttle to the airport and cruise port for $15.00 each way. Food was really good and I though reasonable. I enjoyed my stay and will return.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lori L, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review - I am so glad our staff took great care of you and you were able to enjoy your time here in Fort Lauderdale.

We look forward to your return trip when your travels bring you our way!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here for a few nights for a convention. Close by the cruiseport, clean and convenient. Typical Marriott style with its limitations. Staff very eager to help and friendly. Limited room service. Comfortable room and beds.

Would recommend to those spending the night pre/post cruise.

Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I hope that if you are back in Fort Lauderdale you will join us again!