Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 November 2008

This hotel rates a 5 all the way from Robert the bell hop-greeting us by Name .and joking about BCs best known export.. to the front desk staff. Check in and out was painless -no hidden charges.
The rooms are fantastic as are the public areas. The hotel has just been totally renovated and looks like new.. We highly recommend it

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yucatanLover_8
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed 1 November 2008

Stayed for one night post cruise and was very impressed with the hotel. I secured this room though Hotwire as it listed the hotel as 4 star, and I was not disappointed. My room was very comfortabe and very clean and looked/smelled brand new.

The staff was very friendly and although the pool is right on the main road, I managed to relax after a long cruise.

I had a few drinks in the lounge and something to eat and I found the pricing to be very reasonable.

I would not hesitate to stay here again when in Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank MILEMRKR63
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Had a great stay prior to our cruise. Hotel was newly renovated, very clean and the staff were extremely friendly. Room was very comfortable and the beds were great. I recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoveTravel4Fun
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend while in town for a special event. The hotel and room were very nice, the staff was great, unfortunately the restaurant was being renovated and was closed. The pool area is very nice, furniture is interesting and very comfortable. The only negative is that the pool is literally on the road. Relaxing at the pool is not peaceful or quiet. It is a shame because it is a nice pool with great loungers and plenty of fresh towels. Move this hotel to a less congested location and it would be top notch.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank WithanL
Reviewed 20 September 2008

I have just returned from a 4 day stay here to attend a Convention. I had read Trip Advisor reviews prior to my visit and have to say I was a little concerned as the reviews were not very appealing. What a pleasant surprise ! Trip Advisor and Renaissance needs to upgrade the outdated web photos. The hotel is undergoing renovations and the upgrades are wonderful. Most of the rooms have been totally and tastefully done over. Final touches were just made to the lobby and restaurants . The menus are not bad and the prices are reasonable (compared to some of the other local hotel restaurants) The staff was always cheerful and accomodating.The location was convenient for me as the Convention Center was just across the street, as was the cruise ship port. Walgreens was directly across the street for last minute travel needs and snacks and may other stores were located nearby . I highly recommend a stay at the Renaissance. You won't be disappointed !

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Tessa5
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Not sure why the hotel website shows photos of the old rooms, they look nasty! The room I had was obviously newly renovated and absolutely gorgeous! I arrived after a business trip to dreadful Kingston Jamaica (ugh!) and it was like arriving in a clean, fresh, contemporary dream. The new furniture is dark wood with simple lines, the linens are fresh, crisp and white, the mattress was excellent and the decor overall is modern, relaxing and oh-so clean. It was heavenly. Room service wasn't as pricey as I expected and was fast, nicely presented and good. Not spectacular, but good. I wish I'd had time to sample the pool and the restaurants before leaving for the airport again but I was on the run. Based on my very short stay (about 11 hours) this hotel has by far the most attractive and comfortable rooms I've ever experienced in South Florida (I travel quite a bit for business and have stayed at many hotels).

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I'm a frequent business traveller and Marriott Gold and have stayed at this hotel abou 6 times. I've usually been quite pleased with my experience here but my most recent stay might be my last. The front desk clerk was a total ditz, the lobby lacked the usual complimentary amenities they have had in the past, the room had no internet service and the concierge in the Gold lounge was the most miserable person I have ever met. Emailed Marriott about my poor experience and never heard back. They must have changed management (for the worse).
Hilton Oceanfront is my new fav in FLL.

• Stayed: June 2008