Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“A great place!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This is a great place to stay. Josh was so helpful and they even stowed a large piece of luggage for us. Dave the manager was very accommodating and arranged the shuttle back to the airport for later in the day.

The rooms are very clean. The breakfast was wonderful and lots of choices. We never made it. To the pool but that too looked cool, refreshing, and clean.

When we make it back to Florida we will definitely stay here!!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank travelhawk71
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Hello again! I wanted to THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as it is critical to our hotels success. I want to personally welcome you back to my hotel. I hope to see you soon.

David Blevins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
california
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed here with my husband the night before our Caribbean Cruise. The hotel shuttle was great. The shuttle took us to a nice restaurant by the marina since there were none close by that we could walk to. When we were done eating, i called and they were already there dropping off more guest for dinner. The hotel was a little older, but in great shape. Room was nice and clean. Continental breakfast was satisfactory since we knew we would be eating as soon as we boarded the ship. I had forgotten a few toiletry items at home and there was a grocery store and a Big Lots just across from the hotel. The shuttle to the port was complimentary, just make sure to make your reservation for it as soon as you book the hotel. We made it when we got there and luckily there were only 2 spots open at 10am and we were able to reserve them. Overall we had a great experience here. i am very picky about hotels, but this one turned out to be just fine and great for the value. Hotels in Ft Lauderdale are not cheap!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank calfair
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Hello there! I wanted to tell you how much i truly appreciate you taking the time to write a very nice review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate it! I am very happy that we made a favorable impression on you and I would love to welcome you back to our hotel.

Napa, California
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Nice one night stay pre cruise. Free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise pier was great! They also shuttled us to dinner and back after we checked in. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JJ2sail
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Hello,

I wanted to THANK YOU for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review of our property. We do appreciate the feedback that we receive from our valued guests. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and I want to personally welcome you back to my hotel!

Bridgenorth
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We booked 2 rooms prior to cruise. They picked us up at the airport (they are not listed on the courtesy phone billboard but a Hilton hotel was, so we called them and they put us through to Hampton Inn (I was told when I booked that there would be a Hampton Inn courtesy phone for the shuttle but there wasn't).

Room was clean, picked up dinner across the street at a mall...some of us went to an Italian place for take out and some of us went to a Thai restaurant for take out....and a bottle of wine...ate our meal at the hotel...it was great! Staff is awesome, shuttle is awesome and free! A great place for you pre-cruise stay.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level for accessible room...shower not accesible by the way.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Hadriagirl
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Hello,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours is crucial to our future sucess! I am VERY HAPPY that we were able to meet your needs and I want to welcome you back to my hotel!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I am a faithful Hampton Inn patron. We love the rooms and especially the breakfast. This time I am truly disappointed. The ac in the room is at a steady 74-75. I love 70 degree weather...OUTSIDE. We were told that the unit need to stay at 73 or it will freeze up.That has never happened at any of the other Hamptons, including the one in Moab, Utah, we've stayed at.
I suggest staying somewhere else if you prefer a cool temperature while you sleep.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
HamptonInnPortsmouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Dear Stephanie1020,

I wanted to personally apologize to you that the A/C in the room was not to your liking. All of our Air Conditioners in the room have the ability to get the room into the 50's if you so choose. I am not sure whom you spoke to about the 73 degree comment, but it is simply NOT TRUE! All of our Air Conditioners blow fresh cold air! (perhaps your particular unit needed some repair, but my staff should have been able to get you another A/C or move you to another more suitable room) Please feel free to contact me directly on this so that i can "make it right" with you. We want all of our guests to have a wonderful happy experience! I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I will be happy to correct our error.

Glendale, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed here because of their free shuttle service from the airport and cruise terminals, but had to wait over an hour to get the shuttle from the airport. The dispatcher wasn't very organized and we saw the shuttle pass us by at the airport three times before they came for us. There were other parties before us, but they did a poor job letting us know that, and organizing the pickups. We could have been sitting inside the airport with A/C, enjoying a drink, instead of standing at the curb in 90 degree, 90% humidity weather for an hour. All they had to do was to let us know that there were others before us. Instead, they told us to wait 15 minutes... which became over an hour.

Hotel was mediocre. Breakfast was average, but was so crowded that it wasn't worth the hassle. They cater to pre-cruise passengers, so should be prepared for crowds on cruise days, but were not.

They are located close to the airport and Port Everglades but there is little within walking distance. There is a McDonalds, Wendy's and a supermarket. Not bad, but definitely nothing special.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shoplee
HamptonInnPortsmouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Hello and thank you for staying with us and thanks for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor- we do value your feedback and appreciate your comments. Our hotel has been blessed to be VERY BUSY on cruise weekends and I do apologize that you had to wait an hour to be picked up. Our usual wait time for our complimentary shuttle can be anywhere between 15 minutes up to an hour depending on how busy we are. We run 3 shuttles starting at 10:30 am and go until about 3:30 pm and a lot of them are full. We do keep a log and try and do the right thing by picking folks up in the order that they call.(this may be why the van had to pass by- he had a full load.) I do apologize that you were told a shorter wait time. We do our darnest to make everyone as happy as we possibly can. (most of our reviews show it). Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything i can do to make things better. Thanks again for sharing your comments.
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 12 July 2011

It is your usual Hampton Inn. You get a decent place to stay, free breakfast, free internet, free parting and the usual extras such as shuttle service to and from airport and cruise port.

The Hotel is located close to the Airport and Port Everglades Cruise terminal making it convinent for cruiser.

There is the usual american supermarket and fast food street right next door, so getting items is also easy.

We used it pre-cruise ourselves and most of the guests seemed to do the same. While practical I should note that it makes it rather chaotic on cruise days as everyone is trying to do the same thing at the same time be it breakfast or shuttle to the Port.

It worked as expected, which was what we needed, and that's an ok for me. I like to stick with stuff that works even if a bit chaotic, So I would be back if I were to cruise again from Port Everglades in Lauderdale.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cunindk
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our hotel on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours is crucial to our future success! I am glad we met your needs and I would love to personally invite you to stay with us again!