“A wonderful stay!”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I reserved the hotel several months prior to my going on the cruise. I reviewed all the reviews and overall it seemed like a good place to stay for one night. The Hampton Inn did not disappointment. We was picked up by Arkim the driver which is the nicest person I met. He point out some facts about the city on the way to the hotel, and made some recommendations for eating. Hats off also to Sarah and the evening staff . The room was clean and comfortable. There was a mini mall directly across the street (winn dixie, dunkin donuts, dollar tree, wendy's ,sport's bar, liquor store etc) from the hotel for last min necessities which we used. There's also a McDonald's right in front of the hotel. We ate at the chinese place (not the thai) and it was good...The breakfast was plentiful and something for everyone's liking. There was a couple of undesirables at the strip mall, but who hasn't in there life seen undesirables. I didn't feel unsafe at all. If you have never experience undesirables in your life, then maybe you would be better in a luxury hotel, but you will definitely be missing out on a great deal at the hampton!.. We signed up for the shuttle to the ship and was taken as promised with no problems. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends who are cruising. This hotel will be my future destination for future cruises!

4  Thank Carol G
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Greetings Carol G! I wanted to say thanks....for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our previous guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and found the breakfast to be plentiful! I am also very happy that Arkim and Sarah made a big enough impression for your to mention them in your review. They are both GREAT employees! Thanks again and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,914)

Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and i were there for 3 days before leaving on a cruise for 7days and coming back to this hotel for another 2 days. LOVED IT - LOVED IT - LOVED IT!!!!!!! The terrific front desk team go out of their way for you and thats hard to find these days. The pool was always clean and in a beauitful spot we ate breakfast out by the pool, our room was great. Everything is in walking distance and if you don't wanna walk they have a shuttle that will take you with in a mile. I could not find a down fall to this hotel everything was perfect. There is one AMAZING person that because of her and the way this hotel is ran i will be back Dianne is the most amazing person and she'll always play a big part of remembering our honeymoon. We took the shuttle to Rendezvous and ate by the water it was wonderful and we didn't have to do a thing when we were done eating Rendezvous called our driver. Everything is around Hampton liquor store, food mart, Big Lots, and tons more that is next door. I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Room Tip: The free shuttle was great! Rendezvous is great if your not out to spend alot of money and the food...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeymoon2009

Hello there Honeymoon2009! Congratulations!! WOW! NOW THATS A GREAT REVIEW!!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write the review and in particular to recognize Diane Fennel, My Guest Service Manager! I Agree, she is a fantastic employee that truly cares about her guests and always does a nice job. I am so happy that she made such a great impression on you. I am thrilled that your room was "great" and the pool was clean. Thank you so much for giving us 5 nights worth of your business, that says a lot! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Clean, comfortable beds, buffet breakfast, AND free transfers from the airport and to Port Everglades. AND they'll shuttle you to restaurants and places close by, if needed. The hotel is walking distance to the strip mall/shopping center which is a weird mix of homeless and cruisers. I would not want to be walking by myself at night from the shopping center to the hotel. We had an excellent dinner at 84 Thai, and bought last minute items for our cruise at Winn-Dixie. We paid $100 for four people to stay the night before the cruise, and I thought it was well worth the price.

4  Thank sassypantsgirl
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

HI there Spotsmom! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing feedback from our FANTASTIC guests! I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and the beds very comfy ( best beds ever in my opinion!). It also sounds like you had great experiences with our complimentary shuttle and had a good meal at 84 Thai ( Chicken Pad Thai is my personal favorite!). Although I have yet to come across many homeless folks, I do know there is a lot of construction business with the port going on and yes...there are some interesting looking individuals working in the area....but good news....in the 4 years I have been at this hotel....NOT ONE guest issue has come from our little plaza.....so it really is a safe area....just a typical industrial area with an airport and cruise port. Thanks again for your nice review. I would LOVE to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Hampton Inn is almost always a reliable hotel for us to choose. It is not a luxury hotel, but offers clean accommodations and a nice breakfast which is helpful especially as a place to stay before cruising. This particular hotel is very convenient for cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel shuttle (with the pink flamingos on top) will pick you up from the airport, take you within a 1 mile radius if requested, and take you to the cruise terminal the next day. The rate is very reasonable and the shuttle services make this a really great value. We tend to spend a lot on cruises, so who needs to spend a lot for the night before hotel and breakfast. I would return to this hotel and highly recommend it for pre-cruise accommodations. Also, the service was excellent; the check in staff and shuttle drivers were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The little shopping center next to the hotel is helpful if you forgot something.
2  Thank MsGME
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Greetings MsGME! Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing feedback from our wonderful guests! I am so happy that you found the service of my front desk and my drivers to be excellent! They try really hard to make everyones stay a GREAT one! It also sounds like you liked the breakfast, our funny Flamingo vans, and found nice value with our rates. The biggest compliment you gave us was when you said you would come back and recommend to all cruisers. Thanks again for your kind review. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful and made good recommendations for lunch and dinner (84 Thai is a great little restaurant within walking distance, and Vito's delivered to the hotel for dinner). The hitel had a free breakfast buffet which was simple but fine. There is also a Winn Dixie, Wendy's, and Mc Donald's within walking distance. This hotel had a free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port, which was prompt and convenient. The rates were very reasonable. You can tell the hotel is well-run because they were very organized, no matter how busy. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The top floor (5) was very quiet. We also stayed on the first floor, which was convenient but a litt...
1  Thank Lina879

Hello there Lina879! Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a nice Trip Advisor review about my hotel. I truly appreciate it. I am very happy that you found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, and that you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle to the Port Everglades and to area restaurants. Thanks also for the compliment of the "well run hotel"! We do our very best to ensure that every guest is happy and well rested for vacation! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My family (21 people) stayed there the night before a cruise. The shuttle was perfect- they even picked up my daughter who arrived seperatley from the airport at 11:00 pm. Love the Flamingos! The rooms were clean and comfortable and very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful with a wonderful suggestion for dinner for our large group. We took advantage of the pool and the breakfast which was all that we could want. I would highly recommend this hotel. There was a shopping center close by where we cold walk to pick up thoes last minute forgotten items before we left for Miami and our cruise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara D
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Greetings Barbara D! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing great feedback from our fantastic guests! I am so happy that you and your group found the rooms to be clean, the staff to be very friendly, and the breakfast and pool to be "all we could want"! These reviews are very important to my hotels future success and I thank you so much for doing the review and for saying that you highly recommend my hotel!. I would also love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

David Blevind

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is a great place to stay before or after a Cruise. The complimentary shuttles from the airport and Cruise Port are a real bonus. The room was lovely - clean and quiet. We also enjoyed the free breakfast. Our only regret was we didn't stay for a few more days to enjoy the pool and other amenities.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank buttercup87
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Hello there Buttercup87! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. Positive guest feedback is always appreciated. I am thrilled that you found the room to be quiet and clean and that you enjoyed the free shuttles and breakfast! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA! ( and yes...you will have to stay longer next time!....:)