“Great stopover hotel”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Calgary
“Great stopover hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Pick up shuttle from the airport was fast!
Room was elegant, only thing missing was an inroom safe. Very nice pool area, only trouble was they decided to cut the grass and the hedges when I decided to go down to the pool so it was less than relaxing, very noisy and i got sprayed with hedge cuttings while sitting round the pool. Not really the hotels fault though.
Hotel shuttle took us to the Rendezvous Restaurant for dinner, a great recommendation!
Free buffet breakfast in the morning with make your own waffles, just wish they had a better choice of fresh fruit, and some yogurt. Otherwise a quiet off airport location that also offered transfers to the cruise ships as well.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms higher up. There are only 5 floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Hello there BorntotravelBrit! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice Trip Advisor Review about my property. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am thrilled that you were impressed with the room and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I will pass along your suggestions for the in room safe ( although we do have safety deposit boxes at the desk for your valuables). My humble apologies for our landscaper cutting the grass so close to the pool while I had guests in there, I will call them immediately! Thanks again for taking the time and I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night before our cruise. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but we cabbed it to a mall for the afternoon. I needed some things from the pharmacy and the the shuttle driver dropped us off at a nearby Walgreens and picked us up when we were through shopping. The shuttle also picked us up from the airport and drove us to our cruiseport the next morning. They are prompt and very well organized, considering there were so many people in the lobby waiting for the shuttle on the day of the cruise. The front desk was helpful and the shuttle drivers were quite friendly. Overall, while the hotel itself is basic, it was an excellent choice for our needs. Breakfast the next morning was actually better than we thought. Overall, it was a good experience and I plan to return again next summer when I cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teacher557
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Hello there Teacher557! Thank you for your kind review of my hotel. We always love hearing from our Canadian friends! I am happy that your room was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our shuttle offerings to the pharmacy. I appreciate you saying that the hotel was well organized....we truly do our best to get you to your cruises on time no matter how busy we get! Although we are not in the heart of Downtown Fort Lauderdale.....dont forget that we are only 4 miles to the beach- 3 miles to Los Olas shopping and restaurant district- 2 miles to the airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port......not quite the "middle of nowhere"....but I get the point!...:)

Thanks again for your wonderful review and I am very pleased that you plan to return next year! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

David Blevins,
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I reserved the hotel several months prior to my going on the cruise. I reviewed all the reviews and overall it seemed like a good place to stay for one night. The Hampton Inn did not disappointment. We was picked up by Arkim the driver which is the nicest person I met. He point out some facts about the city on the way to the hotel, and made some recommendations for eating. Hats off also to Sarah and the evening staff . The room was clean and comfortable. There was a mini mall directly across the street (winn dixie, dunkin donuts, dollar tree, wendy's ,sport's bar, liquor store etc) from the hotel for last min necessities which we used. There's also a McDonald's right in front of the hotel. We ate at the chinese place (not the thai) and it was good...The breakfast was plentiful and something for everyone's liking. There was a couple of undesirables at the strip mall, but who hasn't in there life seen undesirables. I didn't feel unsafe at all. If you have never experience undesirables in your life, then maybe you would be better in a luxury hotel, but you will definitely be missing out on a great deal at the hampton!.. We signed up for the shuttle to the ship and was taken as promised with no problems. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends who are cruising. This hotel will be my future destination for future cruises!

4 Thank Carol G
Greetings Carol G! I wanted to say thanks....for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our previous guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and found the breakfast to be plentiful! I am also very happy that Arkim and Sarah made a big enough impression for your to mention them in your review. They are both GREAT employees! Thanks again and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

New York
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and i were there for 3 days before leaving on a cruise for 7days and coming back to this hotel for another 2 days. LOVED IT - LOVED IT - LOVED IT!!!!!!! The terrific front desk team go out of their way for you and thats hard to find these days. The pool was always clean and in a beauitful spot we ate breakfast out by the pool, our room was great. Everything is in walking distance and if you don't wanna walk they have a shuttle that will take you with in a mile. I could not find a down fall to this hotel everything was perfect. There is one AMAZING person that because of her and the way this hotel is ran i will be back Dianne is the most amazing person and she'll always play a big part of remembering our honeymoon. We took the shuttle to Rendezvous and ate by the water it was wonderful and we didn't have to do a thing when we were done eating Rendezvous called our driver. Everything is around Hampton liquor store, food mart, Big Lots, and tons more that is next door. I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Room Tip: The free shuttle was great! Rendezvous is great if your not out to spend alot of money and the food...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honeymoon2009
Hello there Honeymoon2009! Congratulations!! WOW! NOW THATS A GREAT REVIEW!!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write the review and in particular to recognize Diane Fennel, My Guest Service Manager! I Agree, she is a fantastic employee that truly cares about her guests and always does a nice job. I am so happy that she made such a great impression on you. I am thrilled that your room was "great" and the pool was clean. Thank you so much for giving us 5 nights worth of your business, that says a lot! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Stowe, Vermont
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Clean, comfortable beds, buffet breakfast, AND free transfers from the airport and to Port Everglades. AND they'll shuttle you to restaurants and places close by, if needed. The hotel is walking distance to the strip mall/shopping center which is a weird mix of homeless and cruisers. I would not want to be walking by myself at night from the shopping center to the hotel. We had an excellent dinner at 84 Thai, and bought last minute items for our cruise at Winn-Dixie. We paid $100 for four people to stay the night before the cruise, and I thought it was well worth the price.

4 Thank sassypantsgirl
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
HI there Spotsmom! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing feedback from our FANTASTIC guests! I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and the beds very comfy ( best beds ever in my opinion!). It also sounds like you had great experiences with our complimentary shuttle and had a good meal at 84 Thai ( Chicken Pad Thai is my personal favorite!). Although I have yet to come across many homeless folks, I do know there is a lot of construction business with the port going on and yes...there are some interesting looking individuals working in the area....but good news....in the 4 years I have been at this hotel....NOT ONE guest issue has come from our little plaza.....so it really is a safe area....just a typical industrial area with an airport and cruise port. Thanks again for your nice review. I would LOVE to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Maryland
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Hampton Inn is almost always a reliable hotel for us to choose. It is not a luxury hotel, but offers clean accommodations and a nice breakfast which is helpful especially as a place to stay before cruising. This particular hotel is very convenient for cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel shuttle (with the pink flamingos on top) will pick you up from the airport, take you within a 1 mile radius if requested, and take you to the cruise terminal the next day. The rate is very reasonable and the shuttle services make this a really great value. We tend to spend a lot on cruises, so who needs to spend a lot for the night before hotel and breakfast. I would return to this hotel and highly recommend it for pre-cruise accommodations. Also, the service was excellent; the check in staff and shuttle drivers were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The little shopping center next to the hotel is helpful if you forgot something.
2 Thank MsGME
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Greetings MsGME! Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing feedback from our wonderful guests! I am so happy that you found the service of my front desk and my drivers to be excellent! They try really hard to make everyones stay a GREAT one! It also sounds like you liked the breakfast, our funny Flamingo vans, and found nice value with our rates. The biggest compliment you gave us was when you said you would come back and recommend to all cruisers. Thanks again for your kind review. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Montgomery, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful and made good recommendations for lunch and dinner (84 Thai is a great little restaurant within walking distance, and Vito's delivered to the hotel for dinner). The hitel had a free breakfast buffet which was simple but fine. There is also a Winn Dixie, Wendy's, and Mc Donald's within walking distance. This hotel had a free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port, which was prompt and convenient. The rates were very reasonable. You can tell the hotel is well-run because they were very organized, no matter how busy. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The top floor (5) was very quiet. We also stayed on the first floor, which was convenient but a litt...
1 Thank Lina879
Hello there Lina879! Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a nice Trip Advisor review about my hotel. I truly appreciate it. I am very happy that you found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, and that you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle to the Port Everglades and to area restaurants. Thanks also for the compliment of the "well run hotel"! We do our very best to ensure that every guest is happy and well rested for vacation! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!