“Great for a cruise!”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I forgot to add review of the Hampton Inn from our Spring Break cruise.

Overall it was a very good experience. It works perfect for a cruise..

Called when we arrived and the shuttle met us exactly where we were told to go to.

We used Trip advisor and selected a restaurant we wanted to go to.. Checked with the front desk, and were told that they do go there. When we got in the shuttle, we were told he knew of a better place.. Of course it was the one that has a menu at the front desk.. So it must be a arrrangement.. The meal was good.. The shuttle forgot to pick us up, but came back on the second call.

The ROOMS were VERY comfortable!! And the breakfast was VERY good.. It was very busy, but that is to be expected during spring break. There was plenty of seating areas.

Sign up for the shuttle as SOON as you check in.. We didnt get a shuttle till 1:30, beause they were busy. I typically like to get to the port earlier.

Only downside to the resort was our initial experience with the front desk. He was scattered and was unable to keep up.. The young lady stepped in and made sure that everything was fixed..

The kids missed the cookies at check-in, we were told the weekends are too busy to worry about putting cookies out..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tjutzig
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Hello there Tjutzig,
I wanted to thank you for remembering us! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. I am so happy that you had a Great experience and thought we were the perfect hotel for cruisers! It sounds like you found the room very comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast! Hopefully we can see you this year on another spring break cruise. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I are frequent cruisers and have stayed in many hotels in the Fort Laudedale area and have discovered that this Hampton Inn is the best for us. It is well located-short walk to strip mall when we can have lunch and purchase supplies for our cruise. Excellent van service both from the Airport and to the Cruise Terminal and a satisfying breakfast.

During our last stay, my husband had problems logging on to his company's email and the staff was most helpful by allowing him use of their office computer. We have stayed several times and will be back in November. The hotel is clean and an excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank petitesoxfan
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Hey there Petitesoxfan!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. I appreciate your feedback. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be clean and commented on it being an excellent value! I also appreciated hearing that you tried a lot of other Fort Lauderdale hotels and found ours to be the best for you! Huge compliment! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

If you are going on a cruise, this is a very convenient hotel - they have regularly scheduled shuttles to the cruise port. When you check in, just ask for the shuttle time you want. The hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, there's a coffee pot in the room and they serve a nice breakfast. The hotel shuttle was also really nice about picking me up at the rental car - I had returned it to the rental car location near the cruise port rather than the airport, and although they usually only shuttle to the airport, they were kind enough to pick me up there (this was around 9 at night). My only complaint possibly is that the shower curtain barely touches the top of the tub - a dangerous situation if you have a teenager that takes marathon showers and doesn't pay attention to things like shower curtains. Across the street is a little shopping center with a supermarket, liquor store etc. for any last minute items

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Nekolover

Greetings Nekolover,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our Fabulous guests! I am so happy that you found the hotel clean and the beds "comfy". It also sounds like you had a nice experience with our shuttle that gladly will pick you up when you take your rental cars back. Thank you for your feedback about the shower curtain, I will look into that. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to let our future guest know that you had a great stay with us! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Was planning on giving an okay review UNTIL my son and I crawled under the covers only to realize they were damp and smelled of urine! After uncovering the mattress, it was apparent that the mattress had been urinated on and new sheets were put on the bed to cover it up! My husband went down to the front desk to let them know! Their solutions were 1. to flip the mattress, 2. give us a king bed room that would not accommodate our four people, or 3. get moved to another Hampton! I told the housekeeping guy that we had family with us.....3 more rooms full of people and that none of those options were going to work! Somehow we were given a new room which I double checked before we crawled into bed this time! I am disgusted by this entire situation! I don't know about you, but I would NEVER stay here again! The housekeeping staff obviously doesn't care about cleanliness! Grossed out, big time! I know urine is sterile but I'm not really interested in sleeping in a bed full of a stranger's body fluids!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank vacationsrus72

Dear Vacationsrus48471,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor. Please accept my humble apologies for the room you were given. It is our responsibility to check everything to ensure that the rooms we give our guests meet the highest standards possible. Obviously my staff missed the wet bed and for that I am incredibly apologetic. I will immediately get with my Executive Housekeeper to remind all the room attendants to double check ALL of the bed. I would love for you to contact me directly so that I may try and " make it right" with you. We want all of our guests to be happy guests and have a wonderful stay with us. (Most of our reviews show this!). Again, thank you for letting me know and I again offer you my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Pick up shuttle from the airport was fast!
Room was elegant, only thing missing was an inroom safe. Very nice pool area, only trouble was they decided to cut the grass and the hedges when I decided to go down to the pool so it was less than relaxing, very noisy and i got sprayed with hedge cuttings while sitting round the pool. Not really the hotels fault though.
Hotel shuttle took us to the Rendezvous Restaurant for dinner, a great recommendation!
Free buffet breakfast in the morning with make your own waffles, just wish they had a better choice of fresh fruit, and some yogurt. Otherwise a quiet off airport location that also offered transfers to the cruise ships as well.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms higher up. There are only 5 floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Hello there BorntotravelBrit! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice Trip Advisor Review about my property. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am thrilled that you were impressed with the room and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I will pass along your suggestions for the in room safe ( although we do have safety deposit boxes at the desk for your valuables). My humble apologies for our landscaper cutting the grass so close to the pool while I had guests in there, I will call them immediately! Thanks again for taking the time and I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night before our cruise. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but we cabbed it to a mall for the afternoon. I needed some things from the pharmacy and the the shuttle driver dropped us off at a nearby Walgreens and picked us up when we were through shopping. The shuttle also picked us up from the airport and drove us to our cruiseport the next morning. They are prompt and very well organized, considering there were so many people in the lobby waiting for the shuttle on the day of the cruise. The front desk was helpful and the shuttle drivers were quite friendly. Overall, while the hotel itself is basic, it was an excellent choice for our needs. Breakfast the next morning was actually better than we thought. Overall, it was a good experience and I plan to return again next summer when I cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teacher557
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Hello there Teacher557! Thank you for your kind review of my hotel. We always love hearing from our Canadian friends! I am happy that your room was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our shuttle offerings to the pharmacy. I appreciate you saying that the hotel was well organized....we truly do our best to get you to your cruises on time no matter how busy we get! Although we are not in the heart of Downtown Fort Lauderdale.....dont forget that we are only 4 miles to the beach- 3 miles to Los Olas shopping and restaurant district- 2 miles to the airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port......not quite the "middle of nowhere"....but I get the point!...:)

Thanks again for your wonderful review and I am very pleased that you plan to return next year! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

David Blevins,

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I reserved the hotel several months prior to my going on the cruise. I reviewed all the reviews and overall it seemed like a good place to stay for one night. The Hampton Inn did not disappointment. We was picked up by Arkim the driver which is the nicest person I met. He point out some facts about the city on the way to the hotel, and made some recommendations for eating. Hats off also to Sarah and the evening staff . The room was clean and comfortable. There was a mini mall directly across the street (winn dixie, dunkin donuts, dollar tree, wendy's ,sport's bar, liquor store etc) from the hotel for last min necessities which we used. There's also a McDonald's right in front of the hotel. We ate at the chinese place (not the thai) and it was good...The breakfast was plentiful and something for everyone's liking. There was a couple of undesirables at the strip mall, but who hasn't in there life seen undesirables. I didn't feel unsafe at all. If you have never experience undesirables in your life, then maybe you would be better in a luxury hotel, but you will definitely be missing out on a great deal at the hampton!.. We signed up for the shuttle to the ship and was taken as promised with no problems. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends who are cruising. This hotel will be my future destination for future cruises!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Carol G

Greetings Carol G! I wanted to say thanks....for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our previous guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and found the breakfast to be plentiful! I am also very happy that Arkim and Sarah made a big enough impression for your to mention them in your review. They are both GREAT employees! Thanks again and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!