Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed here one night pre-cruise on January 5th, and were very impressed with the hotel and particularly the staff - Diane, Sarah and Alejandra were exceptional. Everyone we came across in the hotel was pleasant and went above and beyond to take care of us. Our group was particularly impressed with the fact that the shuttle dropped us off at our chosen restaurant (Lester's) and picked us up promptly after dinner at no charge. I'm sorry I don't remember the shuttle drivers name as he too was very pleasant and helpful. We will definitely stay here again when cruising from Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank satchiesmom1250
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Greetings Satchiesmom1250! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. We love hearing from our guests. I am so happy that my staff made such a nice impression on you and your group. Sarah, Diane and Alejandra are all fantastic employees and do everything in their power to ensure all of our guests are well taken care of! Thanks also for saying that you would definately stay with us again. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Our recent stay at the Hampton Inn exceeded expectations. We stayed the night before a cruise. The hotel offers airport pickup/cruise port drop off that was easy as just making a phone call. We did not wait long and the drivers were safe and had a great sense of humor. The hotel also offers transportation to and from a wonderful restaurant overlooking the marina. It was a great way to start a vacation. Also, next to the hotel is a strip mall to get anything you may need. David was working when I first called to confirm our stay and was working during our stay. His attentiveness, service, and attitude went above and beyond. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shyfairy

Hello there Shyfairy! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am thrilled that we "exceeded your expectations" It also sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle service to area restaurants and to the Port Everglades cruise port. I am also humbled that you took the time to give the ole GM kudo's! THANKS! My job is to ensure that all of my guests have the best stay possible! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We, three couples, stayed here prior to our cruise. Not really sure where to start, so I'll begin with commending Diane, Sarah, and Alejandra, cannot say enough about these three. Absolutely fantastic.

So what it made good? Well to start their shuttle picked us up at the airport, no charge. Their shuttle brought us to the cruise port, no charge. Their shuttle brought us to the restaurant we chose for dinner, no charge, and they picked us up when we finished dinner, again no charge.

Not enough? Okay how about the overall friendliness of the entire staff, from the desk, to the breakfast, to the shuttle drivers, to the folks that maintain the rooms. When you walk in the door you immediately feel like old friends.

The rooms were clean and comfy. I could go on and on, but just saying this Hampton Inn is a great place to lay your head says it all.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank punkinlr
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Greetings Punkinlr! I want to thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay. Thanks for mentioning Sarah, Diane and Alejandra, they are all FANTASTIC employees who do everything in their power to ensure that all guests have a great stay! You also mentioned that the room was clean and you enjoyed the free shuttle to the port and to area restaurants. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

The flamingos on the van let you know that this is the right Hampton Inn ride from the airport. . The staff are frendily and helpful . The free breakfast is just great.The hotel is clean and comfortable. Do not miss the Tai Resturant next door . The crispy duck in ginger sauce is to die for we came back this year because the hotel and tai restaurant were soooooo great ! We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kcpetcare
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Howdy there Kcpetcare! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our wonderful guests. I am so happy that you found my staff to be helpful and friendly! They try awfully hard to ensure that all of our guest have a GREAT stay! I totally agree about the Thai restaurant next door.....I have been shouting about the Chicken Pad Thai for years! (sounds like I better try the crispy duck). Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We checked in on Christmas day, late in the evening, the staff was ready for us, the room, clean, large and comfortable. The breakfast area was always busy at this time of year but there was always a full stock of things to choose. The last day we actually went out and sat around the pool. The free shuttle to the airport was a real plus. Slackers bar in the strip mall has great food and cheap drinks for happy hour. We stayed 3 nights before our ship sailed. We would definitely stay here again, thank you

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank karen075

Hello there Karen075! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our large, clean and comfortable room! Also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and had a nice experience at Slackers (the sports bar next door)- they have some GREAT onion rings!! One of the biggest compliments you gave us was saying that you would definately come back to my hotel. I would love to welcome you back on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed here prior to a cruise in early Dec. We were so delighted to find a convenient property with a free shuttle from the airport AND to the cruise port. Pick up at the airport was easy--can't miss those pink flamingos on top of the shuttle! Our driver, Michael, was very nice and informative.
The room was quiet & comfortable.
We walked to the mall across the side street, 30 yards from the hotel, and picked up wine & soda for the cruise. We also ate dinner at the best little Thai restaurant.
Cruise day was hectic, as to be expected, but the shuttle system ran beautifully.
We love cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale, and we'll be back............This hotel makes it sooooo easy!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Hello Blakescakes! Thanks so much for giving my hotel a nice review on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you found the room to be quiet and comfortable and it sounds like you enjoyed the Thai restaurant! ( I love that place!!) I am also glad that Michael took good care of you and was very informative. He does a nice job for us. The biggest compliment was the statement that we are your official "go to hotel for cruises"!! I truly appreciate your business and want to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

David Blevind

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Clean rooms, affordable, and free shuttle. They have a very distinctive shuttle that literally has plastic pink flamingos on top of it. Very easy to spot at the airport. Had to wait a bit at the airport for the shuttle to arrive but we weren't in a hurry. Check in went fine and I asked to be put on the shuttle schedule to take us to the marina the next day. Only complaint there is that we had to wait 40 minutes after our designated time for the shuttle to arrive. No complaints once it did arrive. The shuttle to the marina was not the same hotel shuttle, but looked to be from another private company as they offered to pick up when we returned from our cruise. We didn't find too many places available to eat but there was a great little restaurant located in the strip mall just across the street from the hotel. The area isn't the greatest and I don't think I would walk too far at night as I saw quite of few homeless people near the strip mall. But, it was a great hotel, great price, and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nipigongirl
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Hello Nipigongirl! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us a nice review on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business and love hearing from our wonderful guests. I am very happy that you found the rooms to be clean, the price to be affordable, and had a good experience with our complimentary shuttle. Just so you know, there are many places to eat next door in our plaza....a Thai restaurant, German, and even a sports bar(not to mention, Subway, Chinese and Wendys). Also we have had no issue with any homeless folks or any guests being harassed, but I do realize in this economy.....unfortunately, there will be homeless individuals just about anywhere that you go. Again, I truly appreciate your business and want to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!